Is romance rusty or already rotten?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I realize the world is affected by everything in it, that's a given. Yet I never thought that I would lose hope in the future of romance for our children. I am afraid that the fruit of romance that they are inheriting is already rotten. The world is leaving them a legacy on love that is severely wounded. They probably won't read the great love stories in literature, so they will be left to themselves or to the living examples of their parents, friends, relatives or society.

You know, this doesn't look too good.

I look for good romances in our teens today, and speaking for myself I just don't see any. Like many of us, in them all I see is relations that are fractured in one way or another. Is good romance getting rotten? Am I seeing things or is relations of romance turning into a field of rotten tomatoes? We leave the comming generation all things they learn and consume, I think far too many of us are not placing enough value or the right value of good proper romance to our children. Some of us because we have never had it ourselves.

Romance has been beaten up and bent all out of shape. The world of romance has suffered an "Ice age." I cry for our children and my tears are like ice cubes, my own experiences having a track of perverted tales to astonish.

But, you know I have some positive learning experiences to pass on, but boy , trying to teach today's youth about romance is a real trip! But you know we have to. Rotten romances will only produce rotten societies, don't you think?

If the world is a ghetto, we have to sweeten the pot. And hey, women are the key to humanities short term future. The appeal starts there.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Chocolate, flowers and jewels. In no particular order ;)

Perhaps chocolate jewel-studded flowers would be the ultimate gift. Followed by a romantic meal for two in the cabin of a rented superyacht on your way to a secret exotic location...:-4

(end of romance, back to modern reality)

...where you sell her to the locals to pay for the yacht and the jewels.:sneaky:
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1509840 wrote: I realize the world is affected by everything in it, that's a given. Yet I never thought that I would lose hope in the future of romance for our children. I am afraid that the fruit of romance that they are inheriting is already rotten. The world is leaving them a legacy on love that is severely wounded. They probably won't read the great love stories in literature, so they will be left to themselves or to the living examples of their parents, friends, relatives or society.

You know, this doesn't look too good.

I look for good romances in our teens today, and speaking for myself I just don't see any. Like many of us, in them all I see is relations that are fractured in one way or another. Is good romance getting rotten? Am I seeing things or is relations of romance turning into a field of rotten tomatoes? We leave the comming generation all things they learn and consume, I think far too many of us are not placing enough value or the right value of good proper romance to our children. Some of us because we have never had it ourselves.

Romance has been beaten up and bent all out of shape. The world of romance has suffered an "Ice age." I cry for our children and my tears are like ice cubes, my own experiences having a track of perverted tales to astonish.

But, you know I have some positive learning experiences to pass on, but boy , trying to teach today's youth about romance is a real trip! But you know we have to. Rotten romances will only produce rotten societies, don't you think?

If the world is a ghetto, we have to sweeten the pot. And hey, women are the key to humanities short term future. The appeal starts there.

I'm sorry there is no romance in your life but it's always a mistake to assume your experience of life and romance is typical. I found my soulmate as did many of the people I know both young and old. I know one in three marriages end in divorce but 2 out of three don't. But then I don't beleive in god or that we were put on earth to suffer and die in order to go to heaven maybe that's god's way of balancing things out. In my experience religious people always find relationships difficult perhaps because they take relationship guidance from a book writtten in the stone age or just overthink it and try to do what they think is right rather than being able to see people as people in their own right and take things as they come. What woul;d god have me do is a real romance killer. Try the song of solomon which to me has always suggested intriguing culural links with the indian sub contiment it wasn't just sil;k and spices that were exchanged but ideas as well.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1509848 wrote: I'm sorry there is no romance in your life but it's always a mistake to assume your experience of life and romance is typical. I found my soulmate as did many of the people I know both young and old. I know one in three marriages end in divorce but 2 out of three don't. But then I don't beleive in god or that we were put on earth to suffer and die in order to go to heaven maybe that's god's way of balancing things out. In my experience religious people always find relationships difficult perhaps because they take relationship guidance from a book writtten in the stone age or just overthink it and try to do what they think is right rather than being able to see people as people in their own right and take things as they come. What woul;d god have me do is a real romance killer. Try the song of solomon which to me has always suggested intriguing culural links with the indian sub contiment it wasn't just sil;k and spices that were exchanged but ideas as well.

I am not a religious man Gmc, and I have never stated that I have no romance in my life: in fact I think I have had enough to last a lifetime even if I never had another serious bout of it. I myself have never felt that romance was overrated, what the world needs now is love sweet love. In my view romance is not religious or political, although I understand that you must leap on anything I write as if it's religious. Religion does not mean that much to me, romance does. Romance is heart related heartfelt heaps of hot buttered soul and hope: and in this thread, hope for our children and their young hearts.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Love is simply the most important thing in life. It's the only thing that justifies it.

Everything else is just nitpicking over details.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Romance?........... OH PUR-LEASE!!!!!

Wolf in sheeps clothing.

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

what about Gay love?

What about the love a man has with his dog? His car? His Yacht? His train set? himself?

Love is fleeting ...........because of chemical reactions in our body to breed or to protect.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1509864 wrote: Romance?........... OH PUR-LEASE!!!!!

Wolf in sheeps clothing.

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

what about Gay love?

What about the love a man has with his dog? His car? His Yacht? His train set? himself?

Love is fleeting ...........because of chemical reactions in our body to breed or to protect.

As we can see the sun is going down on romance already ; this is so sad, what a dangled web we weave, what a revolting development. I cried once and love made not a sound, I cried twice and my heart skipped a beat, I cried thrice and darkness hid her from me. Woe is me for I am undone, she left me on my madien voyage. But I will travel my life in search of she.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Mickiel;1509873 wrote: As we can see the sun is going down on romance already ; this is so sad, what a dangled web we weave, what a revolting development. I cried once and love made not a sound, I cried twice and my heart skipped a beat, I cried thrice and darkness hid her from me. Woe is me for I am undone, she left me on my madien voyage. But I will travel my life in search of she.

and if she doesn't throw up first, you're in.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1509889 wrote: and if she doesn't throw up first, you're in.

There you go!í*½í¸œ
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Mickiel;1509894 wrote: There you go!�*����

Here..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_(love)

Read it.
Elizabeth95

Post by Elizabeth95 »

Lack of romance in our lives comes from the way how people meet eachother. It's hard to find your hero on Tinder or anything that that involves technology. Swipe to romance? Please...
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I was on a walk the other day, and encountered two young people walking the other way along the creek.

They were strolling slowly, holding hands, and talking quietly. looking at each other with that easy gaze that left the whole world and all its problems behind.

There is hope.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I brought her flowers and she threw them away.

I brought her candy, she ate it and threw me away.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1517352 wrote: I brought her flowers and she threw them away.

I brought her candy, she ate it and threw me away.

Maybe you should take the hint and stop stalking her.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1517354 wrote: Maybe you should take the hint and stop stalking her.

I'll let your accusing mind in on something, the girl does not exist; I am writing a poem.

So you can put your knife down.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I brought her a card, she looked for money in it and threw it away.

I brought her a mirror, and she showed love toward the image.

For a lovely minute I thought she was reaching for my hand to hold it;

she wanted me to hold the mirror for her.

She saw romance in the mirror.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1517366 wrote: I'll let your accusing mind in on something, the girl does not exist; I am writing a poem.

So you can put your knife down.

I'll let your accusing mind in on something. I rather guessed that your post was actually quite funny as was mine, at least that was the intention.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1517372 wrote: I'll let your accusing mind in on something. I rather guessed that your post was actually quite funny as was mine, at least that was the intention.

Agreed , now lets have some fun!

I guessed about the girl and found her to be no guess of mine.

She huffed and puffed and pulled my heart right out of my chest

she put my best effort in this life right to rest

Hey my heart wounded and open to display

and my love is retarded right till this day, until this day

My romance is rotten , was rotted years ago until this day

its like women can sense it , and will not pick me- but hey that's fine

I know I'll get ripe again , you know, not now but yet just another time

But the whole thing interest me
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1517373 wrote: Agreed , now lets have some fun!

I guessed about the girl and found her to be no guess of mine.

She huffed and puffed and pulled my heart right out of my chest

she put my best effort in this life right to rest

Hey my heart wounded and open to display

and my love is retarded right till this day, until this day

My romance is rotten , was rotted years ago until this day

its like women can sense it , and will not pick me- but hey that's fine

I know I'll get ripe again , you know, not now but yet just another time

But the whole thing interest me

Can you take the rust off of romance?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The best way to measure romance is to keep an eye on the women in the nation; it is there that we can see how relations are going between men and women. There is not enough data yet to incorporate gay relations in a nation. In America, there is a recent movement by women to expose the perversion of romance in very high places , exposing very powerful men and revealing how they totally disrespect women and are very perverted and powerful. What a deadly combination; power and perversion.

And some women choose to fight this power, and many men got revealed for the perverts they are, and their lives are now in trouble for a change.

Romance has taken a serious blow.
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

True romance......

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

satria;1518236 wrote: Loving this thread! sub'd

I had forgotten about this thread ; I am almost forgetting about romance , getting so older. But romance should have no shelf life ; when its there, its there and good!
Orion79

Post by Orion79 »

Playful1

Post by Playful1 »

I somewhat agree with the OP from my own observations of today’s younger generations. In a world so full of instant gratifications and entitled mindsets, how could romance not be effected?

The overwhelming amount of exposure to potential mates these days adds fuel to those fires, IMO. From school age up, young people today have access to so many peers through social media that they don’t have time to invest in truly becoming acquainted with one, before another catches their attention. A few years later, the trend continues, as they graduate to online dating sites.

Deep personal connections are the cornerstones of romance. I don’t feel like our young folk are making that investment as often as lower tech generations have.

I just realized I used the phrase “young folk”. I’ve turned into my Grandmother! :yh_rotfl

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”