Are You Being Served?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Are You Being Served?

Post by magentaflame »

Are you free?....the double entendres, the inuendo... i whatched it as a child but as an adult, its hilarious. Watching reruns, its like the "carry on" films.

The trials of mrs slocomes pussy. The strange bulge in mr humphreys pants. Always a reasonable explanation.

Does anyone know what happened to all those actors?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Are You Being Served?

Post by spot »

They have gone to the great department store in the sky, every last one of them - http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/curre ... d-rip.html

The program was one of the high points of British television, it shows what happens when a cast like that gets scripts like those. Ben Elton gave a lecture broadcast on 25th August for the BBC in which he discussed sitcoms performed with a live audience, it's worth an hour if you have one and you can find the torrent - it's not on YouTube.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Are You Being Served?

Post by magentaflame »

Thanks spot.

The live audience thing....thats what i like about it. But its different to future live audience shows. When you watch it there's a strong feel of a theatrical stage show. That i believe is its charm.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
cars

Are You Being Served?

Post by cars »

u

I remember watching that program over here across the pond. It was good for many a chuckle! :D
Cars :)
LarsMac

Are You Being Served?

Post by LarsMac »

cars;1512253 wrote: u

I remember watching that program over here across the pond. It was good for many a chuckle! :D

The wife and I always enjoyed it when it was running on PBS.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Are You Being Served?

Post by FourPart »

I've got the entire series - as well as the sequel (Grace & Favour) saved as AVI files on my 'E' Drive.
magentaflame

Are You Being Served?

Post by magentaflame »

Grace and favour? Hmmm ill have to look that up.
FourPart

Are You Being Served?

Post by FourPart »

It's based on the story that the Grace Brothers died, and the staff's company pensions also went down the pan, but instead they took on the asset of a stately home, which they went on to run as a hotel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_%26_Favour

Return to “General Chit Chat”