The New World Odor

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
LarsMac

The New World Odor

Post by LarsMac »

Loveland-inventors-make-whiskey-based-underarm-deodorant

"Want to quench the stench under your arms? A Loveland couple recommends that you take a shot of 140-proof whiskey. Or two or three. Per pit.

Erica and Jason Feucht have launched Pit Liquor, an all-natural, booze-based underarm deodorant, with a debut Tuesday on Kickstarter."

So if you see guys in Colorado sniffing their under arms, and smiling, this might be why.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

The New World Odor

Post by Ahso! »

My son and I had a discussion about how many people we both come in contact with that smell of alcohol. He is part owner in a retail store and I am in a lot of homes so we both have lots of exposure to people.

Perhaps they're not all drinking and just using this stuff? Why would anyone want to smell like that?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

The New World Odor

Post by tude dog »

It is a sin to waste good whiskey in such a manner.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

for once I agree with tudedog.

Doesn't whiskey eventually come out of your pores anyway? Hence a person wreaking of alcohol? Smell a person with a hangover ...it's not pleasant.

yuck!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

The New World Odor

Post by Bruv »

Is it a marketing strategy ?

Deodorants are alcohol based, just saying it's whiskey might push the lads to try.

Hope it's made from whiskey and not whisky......................whisky is scotch the one and only whisky.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

yes scotch whiskey.......not that bourbon crap.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
FourPart

The New World Odor

Post by FourPart »

Whisky is Scottish. Whiskey is Irish.
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

interesting isn't it?

Myself and others have had this discussion time and time again. So we did something that to date no one else has......we went to the store and looked for ourselves. It didn't matter where the stuff came from, it was all to do with market labelling. Whiskey/whisky was a labelling issue....then there was Scotch, with no whiskey/whisky on the label, just scotch.

when in doubt just stick to Johnny walker!!!
Bruv

The New World Odor

Post by Bruv »

I have a cheap bottle of blended scotch whisky beside me as we speak.

It is no use asking Google because it's biased, but I shall go take a look tomorrow (if I remember) along the spirit aisle at the Irish Scots and American spellings.

I'll be back.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Wandrin

The New World Odor

Post by Wandrin »

I can only imagine the problems that would ensue if a driver was pulled over by the police and had used whiskey as a deodorant.
Clodhopper

The New World Odor

Post by Clodhopper »

Good point Wandrin. I see two major issues: 1) Skin is porous. Wouldn't that alcohol leach into your bloodstream? Drunk in charge by deodorant...? and 2) users of this method being mugged, stripped and licked clean by alkies...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
LarsMac

The New World Odor

Post by LarsMac »

The aroma of Whiskey (Whisky) itself is not the same as the odor of alcohol after consumption.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

Wandrin;1514184 wrote: I can only imagine the problems that would ensue if a driver was pulled over by the police and had used whiskey as a deodorant.

yeah that was a given
LarsMac

The New World Odor

Post by LarsMac »

Hopefully they can expand to cover a number of fragrances, like Kentucky Bourbon, Scotch, even perhaps Cognac, hmm, yeah, I can see a market
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

Cognac......now youre talkin!
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

Hi everyone! I'm new here obviously and from Pit Liquor, but saw this fancy forum post and thought I would throw my 2 cents in the "what it is worth" department and answer a few questions that appeared here.

We spell whiskey with an "E" unless Twitter or something will not let us due to length. Sorry, Scottish people.

You spray it on your pits and the alcohol evaporates so you smell like an oak barrel. Think wood shop or forest rather than hangover. If it still bothers people we have an unscented Vodka version that just got funded.

And finally, you can't get drunk off of it. While it is correct that skin is somewhat porous (hence why we are only using things that are normally consumable ie safe inside your body) not enough can be absorbed before it evaporates away to have any effect on you at all. Fun fact: Most hand sanitizers also use grain alcohol(ethanol) to disinfect, and a few traditional deodorants do as well. They just also use things like parabens, farnesol, and formaldehyde (Also, whiskey is more fun).
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

Also, getting mugged and licked by alkies, yeah, that is just a risk people who use Pit Liquor will have to take.
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

I just wrote a post before the last one and it didn't end up showing up and seems to have disappeared, so here is a second attempt a while later, as I am new here sorry if it ends up duplicating things. As I am from Pit Liquor, I can answer a few of the questions that came up.

1. We spell Whiskey with an "e", sorry Scottish(?) people.

2. The ethanol evaporates off leaving you smelling like an oak barrel. Think forest or woodshop, rather than hangover. If it still bothers you, there is a completely unscented Vodka that just got funded.

3. While it is entirely correct that skin is porous (hence why everything that we use is a consumable found in grandmas kitchens - we just use salt and a few other things to make it taste super nasty) you can't get any absorbed before the alcohol evaporates off.

Fun fact: Most hand sanitizers and many traditional deodorants use industrial grain alcohol(ethanol) to kill bacteria. The traditional deodorants just also use things like parabens, farnesol, and formaldehyde.

Fun fact #2 Deodorants are completely unregulated

Fun fact #3 Whiskey is more fun.

Fun fact #4 I'm a deodorant nerd.

Also, like I mentioned in the previous post, yeah getting mugged and licked is totally a thing. Good call Cloudhopper.
LarsMac

The New World Odor

Post by LarsMac »

Well, welcome to FG.

You guys give any thought yo my Cognac suggestion, yet?
- DH Lawrence
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

Absolutely! Currently it is on our list of ideas we would love to do, though it might be a while as we are trying to keep things as simple as we can as while we are getting off of the ground and we have a growing list of fun ideas. We'd love to have a "Top Shelf" line that would include Cognac among a few others. It does create the whole "it's a shame to spray it rather than drink it" thing, but it is also amazing to get to smell like something we are passionate about (and have it actually work to deodorize your pits!).
LarsMac

The New World Odor

Post by LarsMac »

Well, if you run out of test subjects or need volunteers, I am just down the road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

send some air mail. :) It'll confuse the heck out of people. Standing amongst gum trees smelling like oak lol
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

You never know, we might take you up on that at some point :), and at the very least maybe we will run into each other.
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

As far as air mail goes, yeah that sounds awesome, lol. We actually do have plans to sell international...eventually. It is tricky because the product contains alcohol and countries get particular about rules and regulations around that, even if it is non-consumable, so one thing at a time.
magentaflame

The New World Odor

Post by magentaflame »

I was wondering what the excise tax would be on it
Clodhopper

The New World Odor

Post by Clodhopper »

As long as you don't wander about smelling as though you've been drinking whisky at 9 am my (real) objections disappear. If the smell has nothing to do with alcohol at all I'd be interested since I pay a price for using deodorants which might well be tied to the chemicals.

But if the smell has to do with whisky or alcohol no way. Horse manure would be preferable as a deodorant perfume. Sorry.

Horse Manure and Gunsmoke - now that would be the real odor of the New World...

Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

@Magentaflame Yeah, excise tax is super tricky. Currently we are thinking(though economics might make it change) that we will manufacture inside each of the countries we want to sell in. We can provide more local jobs and source more local product that way which is important to us, as well as simplify the excise taxes and paperwork.

Of course we have to make enough money to exist as a company first, so that is what we are focusing on right now. Starting a company like it must be like being a juggler walking a tight rope. It's pretty tricky and a lot of work.
Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

I wrote this once already and it didn't show up. I seem to be forum challenged...

@Clodhopper, in all seriousness if you have issues with your current deodorants I would give Pit Liquor a try. No reason to put up with rashes or whatever if there is something out there that works that won't give you them. It doesn't smell like alcohol at all (after the alcohol evaporates which only takes about 30 or so seconds), then it smells kinda like a forest(plus the scent component) and then nothing.

Also the natural deodorants that talk about "detox rash," yeah they are full of crap as far as I can tell. Their deodorant is just giving you a rash. Pit Liquor doesn't do that. If it gives you a rash(so far, we haven't had a reaction) stop using it, you're allergic to something in it.
Clodhopper

The New World Odor

Post by Clodhopper »

I wrote this once already and it didn't show up. I seem to be forum challenged...

Check that you really hitting "post" and not "reply to thread" again by accident. I think that has caught me more than once...

Pit Liquor

The New World Odor

Post by Pit Liquor »

Ah, I bet you are right. That would be really easy to do.

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”