Happy Thanksgiving

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Patsy Warnick

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Patsy Warnick »

:yh_pumpkn:yh_pumpkn

My neighbor just delivered a home made Pumpkin Pie..

How sweet.

We're having a quiet day of Turkey & Football.

Have a nice Thanksgiving no matter how your enjoying it.

Patsy
LarsMac

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by LarsMac »

Thanks, Patsy.

Same back at ya.

We are having family over. Grandkids, and nieces and nephews that live around Colorado, And my sister's son and his Air Force wife and their 5-month-old Twins (who will likely be the stars of the day.)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Twins - the little ones are always the star.

Sounds like a nice group & fun

enjoy

Patsy
spot

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by spot »

I may have the background wrong but... Thanksgiving is a celebration that the earliest surviving plantation of English settlers lived through their first winter in the New World? I think that's right.

Yes, congratulations, I'm delighted one of the English settlements finally did survive. The idea that you'd otherwise all be descendants of Pizarro and Cortez, or worse yet the French, doesn't bear thinking about.

Bravo the survivors.

Would it be fair to describe them as Puritans?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1514897 wrote: I may have the background wrong but... Thanksgiving is a celebration that the earliest surviving plantation of English settlers lived through their first winter in the New World? I think that's right.

Yes, congratulations, I'm delighted one of the English settlements finally did survive. The idea that you'd otherwise all be descendants of Pizarro and Cortez, or worse yet the French, doesn't bear thinking about.

Bravo the survivors.

Would it be fair to describe them as Puritans?

Actually, Jamestown, in the Virginia Colony was the first surviving English settlement in the colonies. It was a commercial venture.

The Plymouth colony was, indeed, founded by Puritan separatists who called themselves "Pilgrims"

It is the story of these pilgrims that is became the focus of the Thanksgiving tale.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”