Verizon lays off 44,000

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
katsung47

Verizon lays off 44,000

Post by katsung47 »

Verizon Lays Off 44,000, Transfers 2,500 More IT Jobs To Indian Outsourcer Infosys

Jean Baptiste Su Oct 5, 2018,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptis ... 34b58946f5

On 10/27 I learned from a Chinese web that Verizon will have a big lay-off, 40,000. That's a big news, I googled it, found it was a news three weeks ago. Yet it seems not much people know it. Maybe they will let it out after mid term election. What a censorship.
spot

Verizon lays off 44,000

Post by spot »

The problem is it's a lousily written headline and it tells a lie. Verizon has offered voluntary severance packages to 44,000 middle managers out of of its 153,000 employees. That's not 44,000 laid off. I doubt whether even half of those offered the package will take it. The package includes 3 weeks pay per year of service and it's capped at 60 weeks. You call that a lay-off?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
katsung47

Verizon lays off 44,000

Post by katsung47 »

GM To Cut 14,700 Jobs And Close Plants In North America

Kyna Dole,HuffPost• November 26, 2018

General Motors will lay off 14,700 factory and white-collar workers in North America and put five plants up for possible closure as it restructures to cut costs and focus more on autonomous and electric vehicles.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gm-cut-14-70 ... 23318.html
spot

Verizon lays off 44,000

Post by spot »

Not a problem at all, surely. Petrol and Diesel are on the way out, electric is the future, new factories and workforces replace old. If GM didn't close these obsolete plants they'd end up making nothing for anyone.

Why are you annoyed at the closures?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Chit Chat”