For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Of what possible use is this heading when the last thing it ever contains is even a near approximation of NEW POSTS ?

Because I scribble so much , I often forget which Topics I have created and/or participated in . And they never appear in NEW POSTS when new or even not so new .

Amazing .

I often forget which subject areas the threads might be referred to in the Forum itself .----- My God that mess needs revising and simplifying .We need a Gordon Ramsay type menu messiah .

Moving out of Schiff for Brains mode earlier , I now see that I can effectively beat the system by using MY POSTS .

But could NEW POSTS actually be what it suggests , instead of a clever way of making otherwise nice and calm people effing mad with rage ?
spot

Post by spot »

This is New in the sense of Unseen, perhaps.

You're using the wrong buttons of course. What you need are these on your bookmark toolbar:

subscription.php

online.php?who=members&ua=1&order=desc& ... 200&page=1

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/searc ... o=getdaily
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Press, Thanks , button .

Effing Nora . There isn't one .

I had only the site entrance headings but not these magic buttons .

Mr Ra is Mr Happy now .
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1527806 wrote: Press, Thanks , button .

Effing Nora . There isn't one .

It took the form, as I recall, of a procession of up to five yellow stars. I'm not sure whether just stating this constitutes a non-PC outrage but I'll chance my arm and post it anyway.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ich bin halb Deutsch , aber nicht Juden .
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Raphael;1527814 wrote: Ich bin halb Deutsch , aber nicht Juden .

Sie sind alle schwein.
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1527865 wrote: Sie sind alle schwein.

If that includes me then you have my apology. What I typed started out as an accurate description. I certainly didn't introduce the symbolism into vBulletin and you'll note that I'm the chap who banned its use on this site.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1527803 wrote: Of what possible use is this heading when the last thing it ever contains is even a near approximation of NEW POSTS ?

Because I scribble so much , I often forget which Topics I have created and/or participated in . And they never appear in NEW POSTS when new or even not so new .

Amazing .

But could NEW POSTS actually be what it suggests , instead of a clever way of making otherwise nice and calm people effing mad with rage ?

It really is very simple. As described, "New Posts" offers up all replies since your previous login. It will not show up posts that you recently made after you logged in. (I believe that it assumes you already know about those)

It will then show those threads after someone else replies to them, and you then select "New Posts" again.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1527904 wrote: -------- As described, "New Posts" offers up all replies since your previous login.-----------

If only .
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1527907 wrote: If only .

Gosh it's uphill work sometimes. I replied in this thread a lot of posts back: "This is New in the sense of Unseen, perhaps". If you've seen a post it's not new, if you haven't yet seen it it is new. That's what New means on that button.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1527908 wrote: Gosh it's uphill work sometimes. I replied in this thread a lot of posts back: "This is New in the sense of Unseen, perhaps". If you've seen a post it's not new, if you haven't yet seen it it is new. That's what New means on that button.

Precisely.

So, if you posted a message, you have already seen it.

Seems simple enough.

to some, anyway.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Looks like some button repainting needs urgent attention .

I like the word , New, to mean precisely that .
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1527912 wrote: Looks like some button repainting needs urgent attention .

I like the word , New, to mean precisely that .

I fail to see what else it could mean other than what it in fact does at the moment.

A post arrives on the site with no entries in the SEEN file. As each member looks at it for the first time, a record of the event is made in the SEEN file for that member. Once a record exists in the SEEN file for that member, it is no longer presented as NEW when the NEW button is triggered. For as long as no such record exists the post is presented as NEW.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”