Boxing day

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
magentaflame

Boxing day

Post by magentaflame »

Awsome day today...painting an old bath in the bathroom of a house I've recently moved into.
Watching the Test...England 3 for 61
The Sydney to Hobart yacht race has just begun.
Beer in hand, left over platters have the gladwrap taken off them again.
Life is good.

Apart from the raw sewage spilling out in the backyard...but that will be taken care of shortly when the real estate agent gets back to me.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Re: Boxing day

Post by spot »

I'm trying to understand what you have that expels sewage that way. You have a paddock with three stabled horses perhaps.

As for "England's batting crumbles again as Australia dominate", I'm not at all pleased. England lost Ray Illingworth over Christmas, he may have been a top-down divisive administrator but at least he captained a winning test team where it mattered.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Best wishes to you in your new abode and a Happy New Year to you.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:49 am I'm trying to understand what you have that expels sewage that way. You have a paddock with three stabled horses perhaps.

As for "England's batting crumbles again as Australia dominate", I'm not at all pleased. England lost Ray Illingworth over Christmas, he may have been a top-down divisive administrator but at least he captained a winning test team where it mattered.
Its a very old house. The sewage goes to the same place grey water goes. Its different for new houses and estates i believe. It got fixed, tree roots apparently. According to the landlord all the trees have to be cut down now. I wonder how he's going to deal with the neighbours trees? I wanted to yell " just pay the bloody plumber and be done with it ya bloody tight arse"....but im a lady and wouldnt say that.

Its been a good test so far.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Betty Boop wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:04 am Best wishes to you in your new abode and a Happy New Year to you.
And to you and yours Betty :)
spot

Post by spot »

Did you agree with Daniel Andrews? "Now we have the vaccine, and quite amazingly Victorians have gone and got the vaccine in record numbers, and really fast, we don’t need lockdowns anymore"?

I'm not saying he's wrong, but it's a bit experimental..
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:15 pm Did you agree with Daniel Andrews? "Now we have the vaccine, and quite amazingly Victorians have gone and got the vaccine in record numbers, and really fast, we don’t need lockdowns anymore"?

Hard to say. Where we live, with 22% vax rate, if they went out and got vax'd "record numbers for our county, we'd be up around 40%
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:15 pm Did you agree with Daniel Andrews? "Now we have the vaccine, and quite amazingly Victorians have gone and got the vaccine in record numbers, and really fast, we don’t need lockdowns anymore"?

Ive agreed with Dan the man on quite a few issues relating to the pandemic.
90 something % vaxxed now? Dont quote me. It has been stipulated time and time again that those who become chronically ill with this new strain are not vaxxed.
I believe....again...I believe from the confusion of it all that they will now do the herd immunity. Viruses aren't stupid, it does it no good to kill the host . If they let it run now we should be all good, albeit we're still going to have a lot of numbers sick and that will impact the working economy. So we're not out of the woods but you can sight the clearing in the distance.
"They" are saying we will all get sick no matter what.
My booster has been brought forward to.... the next nine days i think. It also seems summer is not going to protect us this time round. Clever little virus isnt it?

There is one thing i want to see this year. Someone somewhere in the world waged a WW3 biological war on us! I want them found out and i want them punished along with those protecting them!.... and yes im deadly serious.
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pmThere is one thing i want to see this year. Someone somewhere in the world waged a WW3 biological war on us! I want them found out and i want them punished along with those protecting them!.... and yes im deadly serious.
I'd not be surprised if someone was careless but I don't see any reason why the global economy would have been deliberately undermined by anyone in authority. That would be biting off one's own nose.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pm
I....
Viruses aren't stupid, it does it no good to kill the host . If they let it run now we should be all good, albeit we're still going to have a lot of numbers sick and that will impact the working economy. So we're not out of the woods but you can sight the clearing in the distance.
My booster has been brought forward to.... the next nine days i think. It also seems summer is not going to protect us this time round. Clever little virus isnt it?

There is one thing i want to see this year. Someone somewhere in the world waged a WW3 biological war on us! I want them found out and i want them punished along with those protecting them!.... and yes im deadly serious.
Been listening to too much talk radio, I fear.

Firstly. Virus probably lacks the ability to do long range planning and probably has no long range plan to take over the world. IT is much like its current host but lacks the ability to monitor said host to determine that they are in that stage where said host is suffering from their activity, and might soon meet its untimely end.
Humans, who are presumed to be far more intelligent than such a Virus have reached that stage, though, and still cannot seem to make the required changes.

Secondly, the Virus will simply continue to replicate and evolve until either it runs out of an exploitable environment, or something bigger and more powerful hunts it down and kills it off.

This is regardless of whether some evil mastermind created it to cause havoc in the free world, or if it mutated its way into an environment in which it could flourish.
If humans would quit whining and complaining, they may be able to evolve to beat both the Virus, AND Global Warming.
We'll see.
...Or not.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:01 pm
magentaflame wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pm
I....
Viruses aren't stupid, it does it no good to kill the host . If they let it run now we should be all good, albeit we're still going to have a lot of numbers sick and that will impact the working economy. So we're not out of the woods but you can sight the clearing in the distance.

Been listening to too much talk radio, I fear.

Firstly. Virus probably lacks the ability to do long range planning and probably has no long range plan to take over the world. IT is much like its current host but lacks the ability to monitor said host to determine that they are in that stage where said host is suffering from their activity, and might soon meet its untimely end.
Humans, who are presumed to be far more intelligent than such a Virus have reached that stage, though, and still cannot seem to make the required changes.

Secondly, the Virus will simply continue to replicate and evolve until either it runs out of an exploitable environment, or something bigger and more powerful hunts it down and kills it off.

This is regardless of whether some evil mastermind created it to cause havoc in the free world, or if it mutated its way into an environment in which it could flourish.
If humans would quit whining and complaining, they may be able to evolve to beat both the Virus, AND Global Warming.
We'll see.
...Or not.
No, actually. So the rest is not applicable
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:00 pm
magentaflame wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pmThere is one thing i want to see this year. Someone somewhere in the world waged a WW3 biological war on us! I want them found out and i want them punished along with those protecting them!.... and yes im deadly serious.
I'd not be surprised if someone was careless but I don't see any reason why the global economy would have been deliberately undermined by anyone in authority. That would be biting off one's own nose.
I dont understand your words "authority". Wars dont work that way. All those who wage war suffer, they believe its sacrificial
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:13 pm
spot wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:00 pm
I dont understand your words "authority". Wars dont work that way. All those who wage war suffer, they believe its sacrificial
Authority is where special people give commands and other people suffer penalties if they don't obey. That's the sole meaning that I know of. The alternative is persuasion. The essential difference is the penalties bit. Some people choose to obey the commands of others by choice, they're quite like submissive masochists. Being judicially imprisoned or killed for trying to become self-reliant isn't the same at all.

So, some people wage war because they'll be judicially imprisoned or killed by those in authority if they refuse. Most do it because newspapers tell them to. I don't like opinionated newspapers either.

I find your suggestion that someone in authority deliberately ordered the release of Covid-19 unlikely - I can't think of any benefit such a person could have anticipated. I don't see any benefit anyone in authority has received. I can't find any historical precedent - who in the past gave such an order? I can well believe some prat designed a secure biological containment facility which failed to work though. Having a worldwide pandemic kick off by accident within a mile of one of the dozen such facilities in the world is the sort of coincidence I mistrust, it's millions-to-one improbable.

However. If it was a deliberate order by someone in authority as you suggest, ask yourself whether the release would have happened so close to the country's secure facility, where the responsibility for it getting out into the wild would be so obvious. If I ordered such a release I'd order it to happen in another country, for example. That takes the finger of suspicion off me.

Of course, were I an enemy of China I might well arrange the release of the pathogen to be within a mile of China's secure biological research station. That would make sense. It would allow blame to be pointed at the facility, wouldn't it.

If the release was, as you say, a deliberate act of war instead of a careless accident, the last people you should be blaming should be the command structure of China. I can't see why you believe it and you haven't given any reason that they might want to.

The other alternative is a disgruntled employee releasing the virus without any order from anyone in authority. That's possible, it's also an attack, but it's not an act of war.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:09 pm

No, actually. So the rest is not applicable
Well, I think there is something worthy of comment, there:

"Viruses aren't stupid, it does it no good to kill the host ."
Well, the virus probably is "not stupid"
I think stupid is reserved for intelligent beings who behave a certain way in spite of what knowledge and common sense might indicate.

"There is one thing i want to see this year. Someone somewhere in the world waged a WW3 biological war on us! I want them found out and i want them punished along with those protecting them!.... and yes im deadly serious.
Well, yes, the Virus is waging that war. And humans need to get together and work towards that goal of wiping it from the face of the Earth.
Those people "protecting the enemy" are those nitwits who think that their "personal freedom" should allow them to ignore the protocols developed to protect the species from infection and epidemic .
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It occurs to me that the line of this discussion has taken a complete left turn from Boxing Day, and should perhaps be channeled to another thread.
Anyone agree?
Or care?
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:59 pm It occurs to me that the line of this discussion has taken a complete left turn from Boxing Day, and should perhaps be channeled to another thread.
Anyone agree?
Or care?
It was the Boxing Day interview with Daniel Andrews, an Australian politician, about Covid vaccinations.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Didnt see it.
I dont watch any addresses anymore. Just listen to the next set of new rules....useless complaining about it. Being a good little sheep seems to be saving our lives..14,000 mew cases just today in Vic.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ah, well, OK.
I remember reading somewhere that this Bug can cause extreme confusion. I had presumed early on that that was a symptom that infected individuals might experience.
But now I see that it may be an effect experienced by the general populace, as well.
I know that I am certainly falling victim to it.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Passive aggression is never a becoming trait.

So anyway........I actually lashed out this Christmas.
Gurramul CD The Guarramul Story.
Lot of clothes....yes even dresses lol
A pool
A few Tedema prints.
Perfume.

It's my last real spend for the year Have to save now and sort out my money. I'm even getting rid of netflix and all charity donations. I've been rather generous over the last couple of years but it's time for the Mags charity drive. I feel bad but it had to be done I don't have enough sick leave to cover me when I have this stupid operation hopefully sometime this year.

New years was a quiet one. And could could have done with a few more days off. Having to work during the break meant no time to catch my breath ready for another 12 months. the stress is beginning to show on others at work as well.

but for the time being some lovely music from Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu
Sit back in a comfy chair and close your eyes

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Thanks for that, Mags.

Beautiful.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Australia”