What causes a Tsunami

polycarp

What causes a Tsunami

Post by polycarp »

Can anybody give me a scientific explanation on what causes a tsunami?.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
persephone

What causes a Tsunami

Post by persephone »

The sudden and violent movement of the earths plates under the ocean (earthquake) or an eruption of an underwater volcano, causing displacement... From what I remember, I know it's not all that scientific, but it's the basic cause.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
persephone

What causes a Tsunami

Post by persephone »

Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
polycarp

What causes a Tsunami

Post by polycarp »

Thanks Letha for the information. I really appreciate it as the sites provide good information. Kind of curious, are you a science major?
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
persephone

What causes a Tsunami

Post by persephone »

You are very welcome :-6

Of a kind I guess.... I'm a student nurse :wah:

I had a chemistry set and microscope before I even started school, here in England tsunamis are covered in Geography rather than Science. Oh and my dad has all those little letters after his name for physics and stuff, so I guess it all comes from him :-6

I may not be able to spell, have hand-to-eye co-ordination or pronounce words properly, but I excelled in most subjects at school... Science, maths and nature were my favorites ;)
polycarp

What causes a Tsunami

Post by polycarp »

Thanks Letha for all the Information. You sound like a very interesting person and I forgot to tell you earlier that I really like you're quote, iIts really cool. So with such an interest in science, I expected you to be a chemist or physicist. Why nursing? Could it be as a result of the desire to help others?
persephone

What causes a Tsunami

Post by persephone »

I'm a nurse it is what I am... All the sciences are interesting but, you can't have a conversation with something under a microscope.

Thought about being a pathologist, cutting up bodies could be fun but, it takes too long to get the qualifications.
capt_buzzard

What causes a Tsunami

Post by capt_buzzard »

I could ask 'What caused 9/11
persephone

What causes a Tsunami

Post by persephone »

capt_buzzard wrote: I could ask 'What caused 9/11
Well, it was obviously GWB, so he had an excuse to begin a war :wah: :lips:
capt_buzzard

What causes a Tsunami

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: Well, it was obviously GWB, so he had an excuse to begin a war :wah: :lips:
Yep, with him flying about on Airforce One. :wah:
polycarp

What causes a Tsunami

Post by polycarp »

Hello capt_buzzard and Letha, I feel you two are not being fair to my uncle GWB. 911 was caused by dis-illusiuoned fundamentalists who have a distorted and skewed interpretation of religion that led them to commit such atrocities. My uncle GWB had no option but to daclare war on Iraq based on available reports supplied to him. The threat of 911 had been there since the Clinton era when the American Embassies in Tanzania and Kenya were bombed under the orders of Osama. Furthermore, I hope you are aware of the first bombs (hidden in a bus) that were unsuccessfully used to target the World Trade Center long before GWB became president. So my dear uncle GWB only did what he had to do. Long live GWB

Return to “Science”