Free tarot readings

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

I just checked this great site and they are still running. If you want a free tarot reading from a great deck (Thoth, its the one I use) go to www.fourthdimension.net/thoth/ If you don't know the deck well, write down the cards and I can help you with the interpretation...that's the hard part, of course. I read tarot (used to be professionally) but I hate charging money for it. Would offer to do full readings online but wouldn't want to get more requests than I could answer.

Hope you try it!

:-6
pattybug52

Free tarot readings

Post by pattybug52 »

many years ago I did readings for people at work or neighbors-Worst thing I ever did! They blamed me when things went not the way they wanted them to. My best friend attacked me for telling her she was pregnant-good god I told her I didn't get you pregnant-your husband did! We didn't speak for a year. Other people at work did same thing-so I stopped reading-got real nasty and scary. Now I close my channels off-no more info is gonna come thru! People for years tried to get me to do again-no way! Now and then I still get earthquake and other weather predictions but keep to myself now-too many people get freaked out even in calif! A few weeks ago told people in work about a quake coming and now no one sits by me-because the quake did come (even tho not to our area). Go figure-do you want the info or not? I will not even tell my sis in florida any more-she freaks out too!
capt_buzzard

Free tarot readings

Post by capt_buzzard »

Many many years ago. The women in our neighbourhood met once a week to read each other's hands. Also, reading the tea leaves at the end of a cup was as popular as church in Ireland.

Many old wives tales like, don't cross the street in front of a black cat. No salt on the table + many more bad luck charms ect.
capt_buzzard

Free tarot readings

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: I just checked this great site and they are still running. If you want a free tarot reading from a great deck (Thoth, its the one I use) go to www.fourthdimension.net/thoth/ If you don't know the deck well, write down the cards and I can help you with the interpretation...that's the hard part, of course. I read tarot (used to be professionally) but I hate charging money for it. Would offer to do full readings online but wouldn't want to get more requests than I could answer.

Hope you try it!

:-6

Something very Irish,

www.druidnetwork.net
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

pattybug52 wrote: many years ago I did readings for people at work or neighbors-Worst thing I ever did! They blamed me when things went not the way they wanted them to. My best friend attacked me for telling her she was pregnant-good god I told her I didn't get you pregnant-your husband did! We didn't speak for a year. Other people at work did same thing-so I stopped reading-got real nasty and scary. Now I close my channels off-no more info is gonna come thru! People for years tried to get me to do again-no way! Now and then I still get earthquake and other weather predictions but keep to myself now-too many people get freaked out even in calif! A few weeks ago told people in work about a quake coming and now no one sits by me-because the quake did come (even tho not to our area). Go figure-do you want the info or not? I will not even tell my sis in florida any more-she freaks out too!

This is the main reason why I wouldn't offer to read for members but I didn't want to imply that i thought members would be like that.

I suspect that info does come through, you just learn to tune it out.

I mostly read for friends now...but they have to be in a major predicament to get one. The style of reading that I give and the manner of delivery is tailored to keep people responsible for their own lives and points out the options for choice.

Re people freaking out, very frustrating, I know. :-5 But I am what I am and have given up trying to fit in anyway.
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: Something very Irish,

www.druidnetwork.net

Thanks for the link!

I'm half Irish...My better half, I think.
vampress.rozz

Free tarot readings

Post by vampress.rozz »

Hey koan thanks for this link I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Blessed be.
Hawke

Free tarot readings

Post by Hawke »

I tried the online tarot reading, but unfortunately I am not able to interpret the results. Therefore, as you indicated above, I am posting my results for possible interpretation:

1st position: Ten of Disks

2nd position: Five of Cups

3rd position: The Magus

4th position: The Ace of Wands

5th position: The Ten of Swords

6th position: The Nine of Disks

7th position: The Eight of Cups

8th position: The Lovers

9th position: The Two of Swords

10th position: The Seven of Wands

11th position: The Two of Cups

I asked for a general reading and it gave me the "Heh" pack, if that helps you any.

Thanks!
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

The tarot will answer whatever is most pressing an issue for you. If you did not ask a question in this "field" it won't matter to the cards. If you did ask in this field then here you go.

1. Whether you are seeking it or should be concerned with it, money is a primary issue for you right now. You are probably quite focused on an endevour or idea for acheiving financial success at the moment.

2. Pretty much what it says. You are coming out of a venture or job that did not meet your expectations.

3. You are trying to do too much too fast. You can sense your ability to accomplish anything but, perhaps, forget that when other people are involved the timing has to be right. If you force your will at the wrong time or try to accomplish something before people are ready for it you will continue to be disappointed. Patience is the key.

4. You want to come up with something completely different. And you can. You are a bold thinker with serious inspiration.

5. I'll let you understand this one on your own in a large part. You have made it through much adversity and struggle. You have had to fight to keep your goals.

6. Despite adversity and disappointment, you have made some good progress lately that is part of your current inspiration.

7. Try to avoid comparisons and letting yourself feel like you "deserve". This is counterproductive to the goal at hand.

8. Whether you literally found a partner that is well suited to you or found in yourself a level of comfort and acceptance, you are in a position of strength through security and self confidence.

9. Because of this strength, you have been able to withdraw from battles that are either useless right now or unsolvable at the moment. Also, your opponents in battle may have sensed the fruitlessness of trying to win against you right now. (Sorry, I love the word fruitless)

10. You are counting on your courage and ability to survive from the past but it also worries you how long you can stay on the front line. Your valour has perhaps gone unnoticed or unappreciated by many. Nevertheless, you have proven to yourself that when the going gets tough you can stick it out til the end.

11. You are rewarded for your persistence with a period of rest. You should find yourself relaxing and feeling accepted for who you are...at least for a while. It does get boring to be happy for too long.

(I do sense some romance intermingling with the business/career aspects. Perhaps this reflects more than one area of your life or your partner plays a big role in the rest of your life when you are with someone.)

As a summary, it is a good reading.

Beware of the ego and feeling like life owes you.

Don't expect the battle to succeed to cease right away but you will get a break soon.

Hope this helped.
Hawke

Free tarot readings

Post by Hawke »

Thanks, Koan!
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

Fyrehawke wrote: Thanks, Koan!

You're welcome!

I smiled all day just because I got to use the word "fruitless" last night. Hope you feel better too.
Tombstone

Free tarot readings

Post by Tombstone »

That was very complete and impressive!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

The link is still good. Just rechecked it. Must have been a temp problem. Try it again and use refresh if it doesn't go through. :guitarist
A Karenina

Free tarot readings

Post by A Karenina »

I have my reading, posted below.

My question was whether I am on the right track with my school/career goals. I've been working and going to school for a long time, and still have 2 years left before I reach my first goal. I'm more and more tired these days, the kind where you can't quite get back to normal energy levels no matter how much you rest.

I will finish my degree, if only to prove to myself that I can (how's that for obstinate and vain?!). But I don't know if I will continue on for additional degrees, or if I might change track altogether.

I've mentioned before that I am going for an accounting degree. I enjoy my job, and the work is pleasant. But it doesn't light a fire in my soul, I don't jump out of bed eager to start the day. Is that a possibility for any of us? I'm not sure.

This past week, my mother sent me my college ACT scores that I took at age 17. I've never seen them before, so that was fun for me! I rate highly in creative arts and social sciences...neither of which I use in my profession.

I feel increasingly compelled to write, but then grow annoyed with myself. What have I got to say that's so important? That people want to hear about?

I'm sooooo confused! So here's my reading:

1) Two of Swords

2) Queen of Disks

3) The Moon

4) Knight of Cups

5) Chariot

6) Two of Cups

7) Emperor

8) Sun

9) Prince of Disks

10) Eight of Cups

11) Ace of Disks
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

Sorry it took so long, Anna K.

I don't like to do these things "on the run" and there are some subtle energies at work here.

1. You have called a truce to the battles in your life. Perhaps looking for a rest perhaps hoping for an easier way to live. You are a natural fighter and it is hard to resist a fight but things have not worked out the way you wanted and you grew weary of the constant outflow of energy.

2. Your view of the world is not attractive to you. You are the queen but you are the queen of a barren wasteland. (Sorry but these cards are quite blunt). It is not that the land is barren just your view of it. If you like to control your environment then, perhaps, you have been excercising too much control and not allowed in the things that make life spicy. The things that are not controlable.

3. Your obstacle is feeling like you can't trust...the world or people. A fear of being led astray or taken advantage of. This fear is what makes sense of the last card.

4. You want and need to feel a deeper connection with your family and those close to you. You want to reach out but may not know how to reach them. I would guess this is where your real happiness resides, not in your career goals.

5. You have a history of moving on before matters are fully dealt with. You reach a tolerance level then don your armor and ride away. It is a good skill to be able to move on when it is time and/or you have had enough...at the same time, make sure these matters are things that you can leave unresolved.

6. You are good at love. You love quickly if not completely and you love many (not to imply the physical aspects of this. It must be confusing that you love yet others do not fully perceive the love that you hold for them. You are used to giving and not used to receiving...except in small ways that don't cut it in the end.

7. You want are likely to find that a man in your life will fill your expectations of what a partner should be. As a strong person it is hard to find a person you can trust with control and decision making but it is worth the wait.

8. You need a break and it looks like you will get one. So you called your truce and take a break and someone shows up to make sure things keep working while you are on vacation.

9. This is good for a while. Then you need to go back. Which is fine, you will be ready to dive in with new ideas and new understanding. This card also has to do with your son and his needing guidance and advice from you in a more adult way that has been the case in the past. Perhaps with his own career choices or with other matters. I feel that it is more career oriented. Whatever the matter is, you will be prepared to deal with it and happy for a reason to jump back in again.

10. Not that your input will be received in the way you intend. When you return try to resume control again gently. Give 'em an inch and they don't want to give it back.

11. Don't worry about power struggles. There is a new understanding and approach to life at hand. That is what is happening right now. You need a break to have the opportunity to move forward.

Now, for my additional comments. You are concerned about your career choice. I don't pick up that it is a bad one. It doesn't feel like a perfect one, but it will suffice. Don't let yourself slack off at the end. You will kick yourself in the pants if you waste your time that you have already spent. Even if you are just accumulating skills that lead to the next thing they are all steps on the ladder. Careers are good distractions, in a way. The point is to keep you busy. Give you a sense of purpose. If it doesn't satisfy you it doesn't mean that it is the wrong career maybe it just needs a suppliment. If you express yourself clearly then you will satisfy your needs. Thinking only makes things worse sometimes. Overanalysing. Joy can be found in the simplest things. (It really can) Then there is no joy. Then it returns.
persephone

Free tarot readings

Post by persephone »

I asked a general question but it was on a subject, have to say some of the current situation cards were a little scary, but I can't read them properly, so Koan, please :-6

1st card: The fool

2nd card: The Knight of Wands

3rd card: The Prince of Disks

4th card: The Moon

5th card: The Five of Wands

6th card: The Six of Wands

7th card: The Four of Swords

8th card: The Nine of Disks

9th card: The Six of Cups

10th card: The Princess of Wands

11th card: Art
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
A Karenina

Free tarot readings

Post by A Karenina »

Koan, that was so accurate that I have goose bumps. Thank you! :-6
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

Hi, Letha.

Here's what I see.

1. The fool can be a wonderful card. It is your attitude to allow folly and take things in stride. Your ability to do whatever is before you without letting fear of the future scare you away. It the sign of opening yourself to receive new things into your life and you probably feel like you are on the edge of moving on to a new phase...whatever that will end up being, you are open to it.

2. Court cards can represent someone in your life or an aspect of yourself. I think this is your "flopmate" or boyfriend who is rushing in a direction that is good for him but makes you feel like you are being carried away with him or caught up in something that is really his deal and not yours.

3. You are trying to express to him what direction you want to go in but do not want to hurt his feelings or take away from what he is trying to do. The question is how to express your feelings and desires without him taking it the wrong way.

4. Your goals are different. This is an obstacle. Not insurmountable but definately challenging until you make things clear. There is no "trickery" just misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up.

5. This is a point or area in which you have seen failure in the past and so you may be putting off telling him how you feel out of fear from the past results. (Except that you have the Fool attitude so you may be moving beyond this affecting you) Regardless. It is the "foundation" of the situation.

6. You save things up then make a decision kaboom. No warning. No discussion. You've already figured it out thank you very much.

7. This time its a bit different. You want to find a way to work alongside of each other.

8. You are beneficial to each other. You can help each other attain your goals and that makes it a good relationship.

9. If you are thinking, where the emotions? Here it is. The pay off. If it seems that you are lacking an emotional connection it is true, right now. You both have things you need to accomplish...different things. Once you are both set on the path you are searching for you will see and feel clearly how you helped each other and then your emotions will grow to a new level. Basically, just hang on and help each other survive the ride.

10. Your perception of this guy being different and maybe even being the "one" are not just fantasy. If you have doubts they will clear up. This guy brings out a lot of your potential and makes you a better person.

11. Want to get married? That is one of the meanings of this card and I feel applies in the circumstances.

Be patient. You are ready to have things happen and are used to making things happen quickly. Time does not exist in the level of Tarot. Time is only a sequence of events. If one event is delayed it delays the rest of the sequence. And don't forget free will...especially in matters of the heart. Focus on allowing your career ideas and goals to see some progress before the romance fully kicks in. And definately draw boundary lines regarding your direction. Make sure his will does not overshadow yours because he wouldn't want that either if he knew it was happening.
capt_buzzard

Free tarot readings

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: Thanks for the link!

I'm half Irish...My better half, I think. Tell me about it. I'm interested where you think you history is? And look in at Irish Family Names Research, I'll be doing a piece on this over the weekend
BabyRider

Free tarot readings

Post by BabyRider »

Hi Koan. I tried the link just now, too. No luck. I have never had a reading, but I'm very curious, after reading what you saw in each members cards. I don't want to impose, but if I get through to the link, would you read mine as well? I'll try again in a while, and I won't yell at you for the results!! :yh_eyebro

Thanks!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

Of course I'll translate. Try the basic site then click on the left handed tarot link. You might have better luck starting at the "home". If you still can't get it to work let me know and I'll draw the cards for you here.
persephone

Free tarot readings

Post by persephone »

Thank you Koan, said it was all a little scary.

Not sure about getting married though, I ignored "well you could move in with me" three times the other day.

I would say you're spot on, thank you again :-6
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
BabyRider

Free tarot readings

Post by BabyRider »

koan wrote: Of course I'll translate. Try the basic site then click on the left handed tarot link. You might have better luck starting at the "home". If you still can't get it to work let me know and I'll draw the cards for you here.
Thanks for your time, koan. I tried again, and still getting "this page cannot be displayed." What now?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

BabyRider,

Based on the cards I drew for you I got the following message. (I use a different layout so the numbers are different)

1. You come from a fairly well off background. You were raised in an environment where your basic needs and beyond were always met.

2. You were not satisfied with what life seemed to be offering you and intuitively felt there was something more that you were missing or being prevented from finding.

3. Your reaction to feeling "cheated" or missing out was to rebel and be quite indolent. You indulged in feeling sorry for yourself or making up for lost time.

4. At the same time, the background that you were rebelling against offered you the self assurance to survive and gave you inner strength. If you haven't recognized this you will.

5. Because of your strong sense of self you have managed to do fairly well for yourself, sometimes despite odds.

6. You have recently met (recent in Tarot time) someone that is influencing your thoughts and perceptions. This person seems, and may be, very wise and someone you could look up to or trust their advice.

7. As a result of meeting this person you have begun (will begin?) to change a lot about your outlook and maybe even your goals. It could even be a complete turn around but the key word is Change.

8. Along with the change comes a desire to isolate yourself somewhat and let all the new parts of yourself settle in. You may feel distracted or have less tolerance for the company of others until you become adapted and feel sure of yourself again.

9. You do not feel the need to rebel so much anymore. You have decided to slow down a bit.

10. The people close to you may sense some changes happening but don't know why and so they are worried about why they don't feel as connected.

11. You are gaining new ideas about what life means to you. Learning to express yourself in new ways.

12. The energy you are putting out is mostly just telling people what they want to hear or sacrificing your own morals and ideas to get along with the people currently around you.

13. As a result you are receiving energy to the effect of "what a martyr I am" or "see how strong I am that I can deal with you?"

The interactions may involve you telling it as you see it but I think you only slip in your view point in subtle ways that they normally don't notice.

14. What you get is the ability to stay focused and see your affect upon the world in a creative and powerful way.

15. What you don't get is the ability to charge forward sword blazing and take control visibly by force.

It seems things are going in good directions. Just stick to the course and don't try to figure out exactly what is happening. Enjoy yourself and explore the new side of your personality that evolves through the changes that are taking place.
BabyRider

Free tarot readings

Post by BabyRider »

That was stone-cold spooky. I liked it A LOT! Wow. I'm sitting here thoroughly amazed. The very first line threw me, because I don't come from a "well-off" background (as I see well-off), but my needs were always met. My mom made sure of that. The rest is so astoundingly accurate. That's quite a talent you have there, koan. Thank you very much! :yh_peace
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Erinna1112

Free tarot readings

Post by Erinna1112 »

koan ~

Your link sends people to "http:///"....there is no URL there. When you mouse over the link, in the lower left corner of the screen, it shows where clicking will send you, and all that is there is "http:///".

Try this instead.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

Thanks for fixing the link. I believe it was fine at the beginning but got corrupted somehow. Of course it can just be typed in or pasted to the address box as well.
Erinna1112

Free tarot readings

Post by Erinna1112 »

Glad to help. A question (sincerely curious, not trying to stir things up)...how do you do a long-distance reading for someone?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
BabyRider

Free tarot readings

Post by BabyRider »

Erinna1112 wrote: Glad to help. A question (sincerely curious, not trying to stir things up)...how do you do a long-distance reading for someone?
Yeahyeahyeah....How'd you DO that???? :yh_hugs
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

I didn't think I could until a friend of mine desperately needed advice and the only way to get something accurate was to try and do an internet reading. It works.

It's somewhat like "remote viewing". I tune in to the persons energy field when I draw the cards. I can also ask my guides to convey information helpful to the person asking the question. Truth be known. I just say stuff. I don't always know what it means and often don't remember exactly what I said later. What it means to the person hearing it is far more important than what I think it might mean. It's kind of neat to do net readings cause I can read them later and find out what I said. I know, that sounds weird. I greatly appreciate the feedback when I hit the mark because that is what separates me from a crazy person...I think.
BabyRider

Free tarot readings

Post by BabyRider »

Well, whatever defines "crazy", I have no clue. If I could do what you do and have to be labeled "crazy" for it, I'd be pretty ok with that. Heck, I get called WAY worse than crazy just being a bartender!! I can sort of follow what you mean when you say, "read them later and find out what I said..." Maybe understanding that makes ME crazy??? Oh, well...It's pretty cool, that talent of yours...
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

persephone

Free tarot readings

Post by persephone »

They often say you should record it in some way though... The mediums here often tape the session, and I've herd of tarrot readings being taped too.
persephone

Free tarot readings

Post by persephone »

Koan wrote: Your goals are different. This is an obstacle. Not insurmountable but definately challenging until you make things clear. There is no "trickery" just misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up.Had this whole thing come up last night, if I took today off we could go camping last night... I made things very clear, it's my course and my future career. Came back with I know, that's why there's no pressure :-6
weeder

Free tarot readings

Post by weeder »

OOOOO I want aTarot card reading. PLEASE? I am fascinated by tarot card readings. They have always totally blown my mind. The concept of doing it without the subject in front of you, is even more amazing.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

weeder wrote: OOOOO I want aTarot card reading. PLEASE? I am fascinated by tarot card readings. They have always totally blown my mind. The concept of doing it without the subject in front of you, is even more amazing.

go to www.fourthdimension.net/thoth and write down the cards from your reading. Post them here and I will expand on what they said.
kensloft

Free tarot readings

Post by kensloft »

capt_buzzard wrote: Many many years ago. The women in our neighbourhood met once a week to read each other's hands. Also, reading the tea leaves at the end of a cup was as popular as church in Ireland.

Many old wives tales like, don't cross the street in front of a black cat. No salt on the table + many more bad luck charms ect.

There were lots of gypsie in Ieland weren't there?
chicagolosina

Free tarot readings

Post by chicagolosina »

Koan, if you don't mind would you do a reading for me?

My question was whether I can make it now that I am on my own. Especially since I'm hoping to start school soon. I'm primarily worried about the kids future and want to be able to provide for them. Here's my cards in order:

The three of Cups

Fortune

Eight of Disks

Eight of Swords

Tower

Eight of Wands

Knight of Wands

Princess of Swords

The Emperor

Six Of Swords

Six of Disks

Thanks in advance!!
Beth

Free tarot readings

Post by Beth »

I tried it, but really do not know what the signifigance all of these cards are supposed to hold in combination with eachother.

Card 1: "The Empress"

Card:

The Empress: Beauty, happiness, pleaseure, success, also luxury and sometimes dissipation.

Position:

1st: The significator. This cards represents you, the querant, either specificly or metaphorically. It can represent many aspects of your personality, including the emotional, the physical, and the spiritual.

Card 2: "The Seven of Disks"

Card:

The Seven of Disks: Failure. Unprofitable speculation and employment. Little gain for much labor. Promises of success unfulfilled. Loss of apparently promising fortune. Hopes deceived and crushed. Disappointment. Misery, slavery, necessity and baseness. A cultivator of land, and yet is a loser thereby. Sometimes it denotes slight and isoleted gains with no fruits resulting therefrom, and of no further account, though seeming to promise well. Honorable work undertaken for the love of it, and without desire of reward.

Position:

2nd: The current environment. Here you will find an indicator of the most crucial aspect of your current situation. If this card refers to a person, that person could be either one closely concerned with the reading or an aspect of yourself.

Card 3: "The Eight of Wands"

Card:

The Eight of Wands: Swiftness. A hasty communication. Letter, message. Too much force applied too suddenly. Very rapid rush, but too quickly passed and expended. Violent but not lasting. Rapidity. Courage, boldness, confidence, freedom, warfare. Violence, love of open air, field sports, gardens, meadows. Generous, subtle, eloquent. Can mean untrustworthy, rapacious, insolent, oppressive. Theft and robbery.

Position:

3rd: The obstacle. This card shows what is standing in your way. Most often the card is obvious, however, sometimes the card refers to something you may think is desirable. At that point you must reassess your desires and determine if the quest is worthy or if the goal is something better left unattained.

Card 4: "The Princess of Wands"

Card:

The Princess of Wands: A young woman with gold or red hair and blue eyes. Brilliance, courage, beauty, force, sudden in anger or love, desire of power, enthusiasm, revenge. If ill-dignifies, superficial, theatrical, cruel, unstable, domineering.

Position:

4th: The goal. This card shows what you desire. If the card is confusing then you must discover the aspect of your goal to which the card refers. This card also may suggest that a reappraisal of your goals is in order.

Card 5: "The Lovers"

Card:

The Lovers. Inspiration (passive, and in some cases mediumistic). Motive power, and action, arising from Inspiration and Impulse.

Position:

5th: The foundation of the current environment. This card is crucial in determining the nature of the current situation. It shows that upon which the current environment is built. It is the base of the piller of the present.

Card 6: "The Universe"

Card:

The Universe: The matter itself, Synthesis. World. Kingdom. Often denotes the actual subject of the question.

Position:

6th: The past. Here you will see the accomplishments and the battles of the past. The card could also represent something which is still haunting your or unfinished business which still requires your attention.

Card 7: "The Prince of Wands"

Card:

The Prince of Wands: A young man with yellow hair and blue or grey eyes. Swift, strong, hasty, rather voilent, yet just and generous, noble and scorning meanness. If ill-dignified, cruel, intolerant, prejudiced and ill-natured.

Position:

7th: The immediate future. This card shows what is about to happen to you immediately upon conclusion of the reading. If the card refers to a person then you may confront that person soon. It could represent an aspect of that person, which will be a key to your interaction.

Card 8: "The Priestess"

Card:

The High Priestess: Change, alteration, increase and decrease. Fluctuation for good or for evil.

Position:

8th: The future environment. Since the Tarot shows the complexity of your future, the eighth card is crucial in analyzing your choice of action. This card shows aspects of the future environment which will either help or hinder your quest.

Card 9: "The Ten of Wands"

Card:

The Ten of Wands: Oppression. Overbearing strength. Revenge. Injustice. Cruel and overbearing force and energy, but applied only to selfish and material ends. Sometimes shows failure in a matter, and the opposition too stong to be controlled arising from the person's too great selfishness at the beginning. Ill-will, levity, lying, malice, slander, envy, obstinancy, swiftness in evil. If well-dignified: generosity, self-sacrifice, and disinterestedness.

Position:

9th: The influence of society. This cards shows how your friends and family will affect you in the future environment. If the card is a person then you must determine which person. The card may also suggest an aspect of a person who concerns your quest. If the quest concerns a specific person then this card could represent either that person or someone else who will stand in the way.

Card 10: "The Four of Cups"

Card:

The Four of Cups: Luxury. Receiving pleasure, but some slight discomfort and anxieties therewith. Blended pleasure and success. Success and pleasure approaching their end. A stationary perion of happiness which may or may not continue. Aquisition and contention; injustice sometimes.

Position:

10th: The challenge. Here, you will find the nature of what confronts you. The card may suggest a key to how you will defeat your enemy and attain your goal. It may also point to a weakness within yourself which you must overcome.

Card 11: "The Ace of Cups"

Card:

The Ace of Cups. Fertility. Productiveness. Beauty, pleasure. Happiness.

Position:

11th: The outcome. The future is a blank page waiting for you to write its story and follow its path. Predestination is an illusion based on tendency and predisposition. This card shows a possible future outcome, based on those factors. If it is undesirable you must find a way to avoid it. If it is desirable you must simply follow the course show by the cards. This card is the crown of the piller of the future.
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

Have to apologize. I'm in the middle of moving and packed my tarot. Doh.

It might take a day or two to find them and have the time to sit quietly. It helps get more detail if I look at the cards in question.

Get back to you as soon as I can.
Beth

Free tarot readings

Post by Beth »

koan wrote: Have to apologize. I'm in the middle of moving and packed my tarot. Doh.

It might take a day or two to find them and have the time to sit quietly. It helps get more detail if I look at the cards in question.

Get back to you as soon as I can.Good luck in your move!:)
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

chicagolosina wrote: Koan, if you don't mind would you do a reading for me?

My question was whether I can make it now that I am on my own. Especially since I'm hoping to start school soon. I'm primarily worried about the kids future and want to be able to provide for them. Here's my cards in order:

The three of Cups

Fortune

Eight of Disks

Eight of Swords

Tower

Eight of Wands

Knight of Wands

Princess of Swords

The Emperor

Six Of Swords

Six of Disks

Thanks in advance!!

1. Things seem to be going well for you right now. You are putting a lot of energy into the things you want to have/accomplish. Perhaps you are just checking in to see if it is working.

2. There is a sense of being pulled in a direction or having been brought to where you are by fate. If this is true then you are recognizing that what is going on around you is meant to happen for good or for bad. Of course good and bad are subjective.

3. Because you are unsure of things at the moment you are trying to be conservative whether that be specifically with money or with your actions as well. It is in the position of obstacles implying that your hesitation and insecurities, although perhaps reasonable, are interfering with some progress.

4. Where you are headed to (Interference) indicates that the goal you set and have been working to accomplish is not in your best interest. Although you may see yourself achieving this goal and may have worked very hard for it...you do not necessarily know what is best. Hindsight is always 20/20.

5. This may be difficult for you to hear because it seems that you have a history of false starts...of thinking you knew what was going on only to have your dreams fall apart.

6. When plans change they change fast and you have hopefully developed a knack for going with the flow.

7. As is probably the norm you will be willing and ready to charge head first and fearless into the next challenge.

8. You seem to have a fighter's backbone. You may find yourself in a defensive position trying to keep your adversaries at bay but you seem well equipped to fight them off. It is tiring though so it is good that you are thinking about where you might be headed so you can prepare yourself.

9. You will be taking on a confident attitude as the battle nears it's conclusion. You seem to emerge as a strong leader and in a position of authority or respect from others around you. If there is no one to take the reigns you are perfectly capable of doing so yourself.

10. The challenge is to keep a sharp mind and hone your analytical side. But I feel a need to caution that you also want to do this without losing compassion.

11. You will succeed in your endeavours...but remember that the beginning indicated that your current goal is not the one in which you will succeed. Be ready for the change of direction and go with it, instead of fighting it, when the moment arrives.

Hope this makes sense to you. And sorry it took so long.
koan

Free tarot readings

Post by koan »

For Beth,

Card 1: "The Empress"

This card represents you, the significator, and shows that you have a compassionate nature, can be motherly and you likely experience things in an emotional but perceptive way. Very strong card.

Card 2: "The Seven of Disks"

You must have had some disappointing results lately in things that you have been waiting for or trying to accomplish. I think these "failures" were legitimately things to have been upset about and you had every reason to believe that they should have happened the way you expected.

Card 3: "The Eight of Wands"

The obstacle is stated as being that things are happening too quickly. This can imply that what you were trying to accomplish was not at the correct time...or it can mean, even in combo, that you need to make an effort to slow things down.

Card 4: "The Princess of Wands"

Your goal in this card appears to be a desire to free yourself from the things/people that have been holding you back. A very good goal.

Card 5: "The Lovers"

You are able to meet people on equal ground or raise them to your level instead of going down to theirs as the case may be. I would not be surprised if you have had and do have very strong relationships.

Card 6: "The Universe"

You have a very good understanding, at least on a deeper level of what you are doing and who you are. The lessons in your life have been learned well and incorporated into the wisdom that you now bring to the world.

Card 7: "The Prince of Wands"

You are emerging in a spiritual way that will draw like people to you. You have reached a point where you feel the need to draw attention to what you have to offer the world and have timed it well.

Card 8: "The Priestess"

You will be well received and I strongly suggest that you write down a record of what you are doing and saying because even you will not completely understand it all. You may already notice that you say something and only later realize how profound it was. You "own" the Empress in yourself...the Nature side of the feminine, you are about to delve into the High Priestess who sees beyond the veil of existence. The intellectual/intuitive side of the female. Be ready to astound yourself.

Card 9: "The Ten of Wands"

Whatever way you are intending to "unleash yourself" upon the world, you will find jealousy and resistance in people that will want to test you. Some of this testing may come from a non human source to see how serious your resolve is to take this step and also to strengthen you and make you a better "receiver". Please let me know if you are not sure what I mean by this.

Card 10: "The Four of Cups"

Are you ready to give up some of your current comforts for spiritual achievement? Some things that you love in your life may not suit the future environment. Think of what you are willing to give up and what you are not. Comfort is subjective (this does not refer to material things specifically).

Card 11: "The Ace of Cups"

The final result of the current direction is a new beginning for you on the emotional realm. This is kind of nice since you are in the position of the Empress at the beginning and perhaps could use something new to "spice things up". An ace is always a good thing as it brings new opportunity into your life.

I think the final card may not be what you were expecting but you will understand it when you get there. Even in leaps and bounds things never seem to go as fast as we want them to. Having said that I will reiterate the third card. Swiftness is your obstacle. Do not rush in to things right now. Everything will happen in the right time. Trust in the process. In spiritual matters, slow progress is necessary for your protection.

Good luck :-6
chicagolosina

Free tarot readings

Post by chicagolosina »

Thanks Koan! That was very nice of you to take the time to do this for everyone!

Sending you good karma! :-6
St Ives

Free tarot readings

Post by St Ives »

Hi Koan

Do you still do 'net' readings

I went to Crowley Thoth but could not understand all that I was told

Many thanx
Jives

Free tarot readings

Post by Jives »

Sorry Saint, you must have resurrected this thread from the dead. Koan hasn't been here in months.

BTW - I'm 1Lt. Jonathan St. Ives USAFR, are you a "St. Ives"?:-3
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
nvalleyvee

Free tarot readings

Post by nvalleyvee »

Dang - if you all want to delve into this area of divination................I still do it once in a while...........it'll cost you a drink in the PUB..............I have 30 years experience........BWWAAAHAHAHAHA

I'd recommend the I-Ching first though.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Magic Mystery”