If you haven't been to Chicago you need to go!

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Just crious. Why did you move to Arizona and why not move back to Chicago? Sorry to hear you are homesick. :(
kc1karla

Post by kc1karla »

As a matter of fact....Yes!

I've been to Chicago a few times and have never failed to have a good time. In fact, I booked our flights and hotel reservations last night to take my 10yr old at the end of April. I couldn't wait until he was old enough to really enjoy Fields Museum, Adler Planatarium, and Shedd's Aquarium. I'm sure we'll have a blast. I'm so excited!!
~Karla~
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I grew up in Chicago. So, as a child, I have great memories. Snow-ball fights; visits to the Museums and Fairs; picnics in the Forest Preserves:Halloween trick-or-treating: going down-town shopping with my Mom; the parades;playing at Vittum Park. Sigh..........................you can't go home again. But you sure can hold on to the memories. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
David813

Post by David813 »

I LOVE Chicago as well. I lived there from '87 to 92. The U of C area was great! Great food, atmosphere and vitality. I walked probably 500 miles around that city over those years! Luckily it's only 9 hours from where David sits now. I plan to return someday soon for a visit.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
G-man

Post by G-man »

Ah, Hyde Park! I had a buddy who grew up there, he's now in NYC... I got my first PHD from U of C, actually! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I was in Chicago for the first time last year. I stayed in Skokie. It was interesting visiting all the different ethnic neighborhoods. It was kind of like visiting different countries just by driving a few blocks. Riding the El was pretty cool, too. I've thought about moving out there for a little change of pace.

Return to “Travel Vacation”