My Cat Is Wierd

Discussions about your pets!
BabyRider

My Cat Is Wierd

Post by BabyRider »

Hey Tmbsgrl...I think it's a common misconception that all cats hate water. In fact, MOST cats are excellent swimmers, if given the opportunity, (or forced into it, such as my son dumping the cat into a pool at age 6.) My cat has no problems getting a bath, either. He has been getting them once or twice a year for all of his 12 years. Maybe now he's just senile, though!!! :yh_rotfl

And my Monster also, loves to jump up on the bathroom counter and play in the water running from the tap. Yep, they're weird, but we love 'em!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

polycarp

My Cat Is Wierd

Post by polycarp »

Hello Susie and BabyRider, that's really new to me. I really would like to see how a cat could swim in water. Well I guess in Susie's case the animal got used to seeing water from a tender age. As the saying goes, with practice elephant can fly, I guess the same goes for a swimming cat. Cheers
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
abbey

My Cat Is Wierd

Post by abbey »

My sisters cat ole wont drink out of a bowl, she has to run the tap (faucet) for him and he sits under it, has a drink then washes his face under the drips, he looks sooo cute sitting in the sink. :-4

Attached files
minks

My Cat Is Wierd

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: My cat is so Strange! She loves Water. All the other cats i have ever known have HATED water! She will jump in the tub after someone gets out of the shower, In the morning if i don't turn the water on in the sink she will sit there and meow..LOUD! She doen't mind taking baths when she needs them. (when we got her she had Fleas) she is easier then our dog in the bathtub! Isn't that Crazy. Do your cats like water?:-2

Some cats do some don't like water. My kitten is most intrigued with it. He is merely 2 months old and already prefers to stretch into the toilet bowl for a drink, and when I wash my hair in the sink he either sits beside the sink and pats my wet hair as I wash, or hops up onto my back and plays with the water on my head. My dog on the other hand only drinks from the toilet and bath time is pure torture in his eyes.

Pets are fun aren't they.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
valerie

My Cat Is Wierd

Post by valerie »

minks wrote: Some cats do some don't like water. My kitten is most intrigued with it. He is merely 2 months old and already prefers to stretch into the toilet bowl for a drink, and when I wash my hair in the sink he either sits beside the sink and pats my wet hair as I wash, or hops up onto my back and plays with the water on my head. My dog on the other hand only drinks from the toilet and bath time is pure torture in his eyes.

Pets are fun aren't they.

Just a quick caveat, muh dears, on letting animals drink from the toilet bowl.

Shouldn't be done. Waaaay too many chemicals in there that are bad for

them, depending on what you use to clean it. Far better to always leave

seat AND lid down (sorry, guys!) and that way you don't hafta fish out

your hairbrush, either!!! ;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”