Superbowl Sunday!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Jives

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Jives »

The Superbowl is on the way...In addition to a discussion of the teams that are vying for the bowl this year, what do all of you do to celebrate it?

Oh and how many are in favor of a national holiday the day after the Superbowl?:D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
minks

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by minks »

No holiday unless we get it up here too.

final answer
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by chonsigirl »

Shopping sprees at the mall!
StupidCowboyTricks

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Far Rider wrote: Far Rider on Holidays....

I say phooey to all national holidays...

Generally speaking We get 104 days off a year to enjoy our families, in a ddition theres an additional 10 days of paid vacation typical of the american worker thats 124 days off.

If you add in the 10 recognized holidays of the company I work for thats 134 days a year OFF work.

lets see.. thats roughly 1/3 of the year off already.

NO WE DONT NEED ANOTHER FLIPPIN HOLIDAY! WE NEED LESS!

I'm for the return of the six day a week work week.

Knock yourself out.
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

CARLA

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by CARLA »

Meannie..!! Slave driver.. ;) Guess you better not start a business in Europe they are on Holiday 6 weeks out of the year, and some longer..:-3

NO WE DONT NEED ANOTHER FLIPPIN HOLIDAY! WE NEED LESS!

I'm for the return of the six day a week work week.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

orpheus

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by orpheus »

I am going to have a problem watching it this year..................its a all night thing over here and I start work at 6:00am :(, dunno what I am going to do...............:sneaky: :sneaky:
BabyRider

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by BabyRider »

The only thing the game means to me is that I'll be working and making money hand over fist that day. Got a huge party planned at the bar. I should be able to walk out of there with 400 bucks that night. Can't wait!!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Nomad

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Nomad »

Jives wrote: The Superbowl is on the way...In addition to a discussion of the teams that are vying for the bowl this year, what do all of you do to celebrate it?

Oh and how many are in favor of a national holiday the day after the Superbowl?:D

I have a new plasma tv and a very comfy chair parked in front of it. Thats how Ill celebrate. Ill sit there. :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
Mookey1229

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Mookey1229 »

Go Seahawks!

Obviously being from Washington State, we will be sitting in front of our big screen with a hot dog in one hand and a beer in the other gathered with our family and some friends, cheering on the "HAWKS" :D
Nomad

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Nomad »

seahawks shmeehawks :p

I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Kathy »

Go Steelers!!!!

Here in Oklahoma where football is the the second largest religion (after the Baptists!), the Super Bowl marks the official end of the holiday season.

We are having roughly 30 people over to our house to watch. Of course there will be beer, chips, brats, chicken wings with three or four different types of sauce. We try to keep it family oriented so that people can bring kids if they "have to"...it's hard to find a baby-sitter on Super Bowl Sunday. The preachers all know to keep the sermons short if they want to keep their jobs! hahahaha!
Nomad

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Nomad »

Kathy wrote: Go Steelers!!!!

Here in Oklahoma where football is the the second largest religion (after the Baptists!), the Super Bowl marks the official end of the holiday season.

We are having roughly 30 people over to our house to watch. Of course there will be beer, chips, brats, chicken wings with three or four different types of sauce. We try to keep it family oriented so that people can bring kids if they "have to"...it's hard to find a baby-sitter on Super Bowl Sunday. The preachers all know to keep the sermons short if they want to keep their jobs! hahahaha!

May I recommend an Asian bbq dipping sauce as a choice for your guests ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by CARLA »

STELLER AND THE SEAHAWKS IN THE SUPERBOWL...!! AWESOME...

Now the Steelers have to travel to Denver and play at MILE HIGH STADIUM.. Boy I have seen players hit the dirt playing in that altitude. Hope there are there now getting use to it. If they can get past the altitude they should be able to beat the Bronco's.. But thats a big if.. MY MONEY IS ON THE STEELERS.. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Nomad »

Ya think muka muka poo ? I cant be so sure about that....hope your right though. ;)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Kathy »

Nomad, I have a very good Honey Teriyaki that we are going to use. It is divine!

Another one is a BBQ that is made in Ponca City, OK called Head Country. You cannot get it many places outside this state. When I lived in Maryland, my in-laws brought be 12 bottles because we couldn't get it there.
G-man

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by G-man »

Hehe... ya' think? I'm not so certain about that... but then I'm not too familiar with either team... I've always been more of a Steeler's fan traditionally, albeit behind a few other teams... those Seahawk's cheerleaders aren't bad, either though... the only effect they'll have upon the outcome is if they manage to distract the oppposing team, though! ;)

I'll be having a lil' party here... with bigscreens throughout and an extra large screen where most of the hardcore football fan's will be spending most of their time... I'll have all the favorites... beer and alcohol, of course... guacamole, salsa, chips 'n dip, veggie trays, buffalo wings, burritos, h'orsdouevres... all organic and free of preservatives for the most part, too... but just like every year I know somebody will just HAVE to have Dorito's or something... it's just too bad this year none of my favorites made it... another disappointing season... but ah well... it's only a game... and it's no fun if there's a set outcome.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Mookey1229

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Mookey1229 »

You sound like my son Nomad.... He has been a Steelers Fan since he was born I think. But......... I think the Steelers are a bunch of DOGS! LOL :wah:

Mookey1229

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Mookey1229 »

Now on the other hand, we have the mighty, mighty Seahawks that Rock!

lady cop

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by lady cop »

there must be some gene missing, i don't care one whit about football. but my three sons were born and raised in Mass. and went insane with Pats in superbowl, so i heard about it endlessly! not to mention red sox and celtics! :yh_shamrk :yh_shamrk :yh_shamrk
ChiptBeef

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by ChiptBeef »

Sunday is holiday enough. I'll celebrate with mates. It'll be easy. I just call for my butler. JEEVES......... :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi
Mookey1229

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Mookey1229 »

Sorry "Flop" I guess will have to wait and see. But yes, I think so. :wah:
Lil~Basco

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Lil~Basco »

I'm with Carla....my money is on the Steelers too. Should be a very interesting game.

As for declaring Monday after superbowl as a legal holiday....nope! Back to work! ;)
Accountable

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Accountable »

I vote we make it an illegal holiday anyway. :yh_party :yh_dance
ChiptBeef

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by ChiptBeef »

My beer has gotten warm... where's that darn butler...

JEEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-5
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi
Lil~Basco

Superbowl Sunday!

Post by Lil~Basco »

flopstock wrote: WOW!! Who is she?? :p
Floppy....you're sooooo bad girl! :wah:

Troy Polamalu.....he can sure move on the field!

Am sure you'd love his moves! :p :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”