The Beer Facts...it's good for you Ladies.

Where our decade hasn't ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of our current times.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Scientists have confirmed what boozers have claimed for years........an occasional tipple can be good for you.

Researchers claimed that a mystery ingredient in beer can protect against cancer.

At the same time, a second study found that a daily drink can improve brain fuction in older women.

Unidentified compounds in lager and stout may neutralise cancer-causing agents in food, Japanese scientists believe.

They appeared to reduce DNA damage to livers, lungs and kidneys of laboratory mice by up to 85pc.

But whether or not this really is good news for beer drinkers remains to be seen.

The mice in the study were given non-alcoholic beer, and excessive alcohol consumption is known to increase the risk of cancer.

US researchers from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston reported that women who enjoy a drink of beer or wine daily have sharper minds into old age than women who abstain.

The report, based on a study of nearly 12,500 nurses, adds to the apparent benefits of light to moderate drinking, which can also prevent heart disease, stroke, cataracts and Alzheimers.

Good Health to you - Slainte
Paula

Post by Paula »

just heard that on the news, i hate beer. I have never been able to drink a beer? And now that i am changing to elder times--i don't like wine? I have really reduced my entire life style different. I like Pineapple Balls...greygoose&pineapplejuice. :cool:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Post by koan »

I'd say it's good for some ladies, as it's the only way they get laid. :wah:
Paula

Post by Paula »

koan wrote: I'd say it's good for some ladies, as it's the only way they get laid. :wah:

Koan, i can't believe you posted this, do you mean sex? People who need to drink to have sex, don't want it? I like to know whats going on if i am to be poked? ;)
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Paula wrote: Koan, i can't believe you posted this, do you mean sex? People who need to drink to have sex, don't want it? I like to know whats going on if i am to be poked? ;)

Glad to see romance ins't dead, Poked?? Paula you read too much Barbara Cartland :D

I always knew beer to be good for you. I myself am continuing a long term study into the mystery virus that affects me the morning after a session. I have been told by sceptics that it is simply a hangover, nonsense, far more research is required.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i never liked beer much, but recently have developed a taste for Guinness. :)
koan

Post by koan »

Paula wrote: Koan, i can't believe you posted this, do you mean sex? People who need to drink to have sex, don't want it? I like to know whats going on if i am to be poked? ;)

No, the joke goes "Beer. Helping ugly people get laid for ... years." Men drink beer don't see clear and wake up frightened in the morning. So I've heard. I generally date martini drinkers.

Return to “Our Current Decade”