Solvang

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Saffron

Solvang

Post by Saffron »

My favorite place to go is Solvang California. It's a Danish town. There are lots of shops where you can buy Danishes and coffee and Danish food. And there are lots of knick-knack stores, just my kind of place. You can walk every where. If you are a low-keyed person like myself, it's heaven.

The last time I went was a few months after 9-11 and it was deserted. But I had 3 days to hang out, eat, shop and watch cable in my hotel room. That was even fun. And it had a huge bathtub in the room. It's only a 3 hour drive from where I live.

I remember my mother used to take us there when we were kids. It's a nice memory.:-4 :rolleyes:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Uncle Kram

Solvang

Post by Uncle Kram »

I stopped off in Solvang en route to Santa Barbara and found it to be very quaint. It reminded me of Christmas for some reason. Maybe it was like Santas grotto. As I've never been to Denmark, I'm not sure how faithful it was to a Danish village, but it's worth a visit

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
chonsigirl

Solvang

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I loved going there! It is a world unto itself, and I could shop-and eat-there all day long!
CARLA

Solvang

Post by CARLA »

Saffron, Solvang is one of my favorite places to visit as well, very quaint as you say...!! ;)

http://www.roadtripusa.com/coastal_west ... coast.html

Some of my other favorite spots along to coast are:

Bodega Bay

Half Moon Bay

Monterey

Carmel

Morrow Bay

Big Sur

Gaviota and Refugio State Beaches

The California Coast has some of the most beautiful state parks for camping you will ever see. If you don't like to camp check into a Motel... I have fond memories of traveling up and down the coast every summer as a kid and as an adult.. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Saffron

Solvang

Post by Saffron »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, I loved going there! It is a world unto itself, and I could shop-and eat-there all day long!
YEah that is all I did. Well no, I also took a really long hot bubble bath. The tub in the motel room was sooo huge. And I watched cable t.v. too. But the danish shops are so yummy. I think I will go back there for my next vacation. It's a 3 hour drive. :driving:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website

Return to “Travel Vacation”