Bird Flu

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
abbey

Bird Flu

Post by abbey »

A duck in Lyon France has been found to have the disease.

Now ministers have admitted that it's likely that bird flu could come to Britain.

Now there's a surprise!

IDIOTS

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/ ... 60218.html
SOJOURNER

Bird Flu

Post by SOJOURNER »

When that Pandemic thread ran asking if we were afraid. I wasn't. Didn't know enough about it to be scared.

Now tho, I have concerns. What's a body to do tho.............
Rapunzel

Bird Flu

Post by Rapunzel »

SOJOURNER wrote: What's a body to do tho.............

Buy Pillowcases! Then, if you start coughing up feathers.....you've got somewhere to put 'em! :wah: ;) :rolleyes:
OpenMind

Bird Flu

Post by OpenMind »

It all depends on whether your employer needs you or not. You can work this out from how much you get paid. The more you get paid, the more your employer needs you.

Survive this pandemic by yourself, and you get paid nothing.
weeder

Bird Flu

Post by weeder »

My friend is a bio chemist who examines birds here for the flu. We are in an area where there are many poultry farms, and plants. Perdue,Rocco, and Shady Brook farms are here. The state is monitoring the birds on a daily basis. According to everything Ive read... we can expect the flu to arrive. Its a given. Handlers are at the highest risk, however, even more than before... people should be very careful that poultry is very well cooked. I recall the article I read stating the virus is carried in blood.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
BabyRider

Bird Flu

Post by BabyRider »

Did you guys hear that in an effort to stop the bird flu from spreading, the Prez is planning on bombing the Canary Islands? :yh_rotfl

Sorry, back to the topic.....
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

chrisb84uk

Bird Flu

Post by chrisb84uk »

It does seem that we are now on a high level of alert in stopping bird flu from reaching us. I just read that more and more cases are being carried out on dead ducks and birds over the last day or two.

Sadly I think it's just a matter of time before it reaches us, and despite the best actions of our government and others, it will make it's presence known before long. I just don't think that people are aware of it. As far as they are concerned it's who cares, it isn't going to affect me. But it's better to be prepared and know as much as u can about it, before it becomes a real pain in the butt, and millions of people are caught unprepared for anything that may happen.

Let's pray that nothing too serious comes of this!! :yh_pray
Ruth

Bird Flu

Post by Ruth »

Dead birds are being collected and tested daily here in Holland. So far no bird flu, but it's a tough job, since many birds die naturally at this time of the year.

Sadly, the government has today introduced an order for all domestic birds to be kept indoors. This is a disaster for many rural communities where people have a few geese or other birds in their back gardens but have no stalls or out-houses where they can be kept. The vets will be busy this week euthanising these pets.
lady cop

Bird Flu

Post by lady cop »

Farmers told to plan for bird flu today's BBC report
chrisb84uk

Bird Flu

Post by chrisb84uk »

This story is all over the news at the moment. Apparently scientists are worried that this virus could mutate into a form that is easily passed from human to human, leading to a flu pandemic which could - in a worst-case scenario - kill millions worldwide.
daffodil52

Bird Flu

Post by daffodil52 »

Clancy wrote: ....first bird to catch the flu in UK

its not me quack quack lol it look like orvil oops awfull lol

[CENTER][/CENT

ER] arr the memories,,,,, orvil the duck,,,,, ha choo

hope he get better soon.....daffy52 see er quack
Yavanna

Bird Flu

Post by Yavanna »

daffodil52 wrote:

hope he get better soon.....

For the love of Spit the Dog, why ? Why ?:thinking:
Raven

Bird Flu

Post by Raven »

I think this will devistate Britain. Free range. Everyone in britain owns chickens it seems! And when it comes time to cull.....it's going to be heartbreaking to witness. The pride and care of the british farmer to their livestock is special. Maybe thats a throwback from the foot and mouth tragedy.

These people deserve better by their government. I would say it's the end of new labor when it hits.

My heart just breaks for what is coming. And the British farmer doesnt deserve this. How much more are they going to be forced to take?
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
tedhutchinson

Bird Flu

Post by tedhutchinson »

I find it very difficult to understand why people don't use their common sense and reduce the risk of developing flu of any kind by improving their immune systems to the level they achieve in summer when the sun shines and vitamin d levels are high and epidemics don't occur. See my post here for more details.
Rapunzel

Bird Flu

Post by Rapunzel »

abbey wrote: A duck in Lyon France has been found to have the disease.

Now ministers have admitted that it's likely that bird flu could come to Britain.

Now there's a surprise!

Picture of the French Duck suffering from bird flu:

Raven

Bird Flu

Post by Raven »

:yh_rotfl ...too much! Rapunzel you are bad!:yh_laugh
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Return to “England”