What the Heck Took this Bite?

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

look at the size of this hammerhead. now think about what the heck could have taken the rest of it!? nothing i want to meet SCUBA diving! :eek:

Attached files
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

lady cop wrote: look at the size of this hammerhead. now think about what the heck could have taken the rest of it!? nothing i want to meet SCUBA diving! :eek:

Is this how it came out of the water - or did the fishermen cut its head off?

If it came out of the water this way then I think I'll stay on the dock!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

no, the fisherman would have made clean cut...you can see from the ragged tearing that it was bitten by something! that hammerhead, from the size of the head alone, had to be 15 feet or more! anyone want to buy my SCUBA gear? :D
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

tmbsgrl wrote: Why can't i ever get the attachments...
What computer/browser are you using? Are you logged in?
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

lady cop wrote: no, the fisherman would have made clean cut...you can see from the ragged tearing that it was bitten by something! that hammerhead, from the size of the head alone, had to be 15 feet or more! anyone want to buy my SCUBA gear? :D

Ouch! Maybe you should stick to scuba diving in a pool. :yh_sweat

You dive, I'll make the Margaritas. :yh_star
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Tombstone wrote: Ouch! Maybe you should stick to scuba diving in a pool. :yh_sweat

You dive, I'll make the Margaritas. :yh_star
I'm going to need a whole pitcher of margaritas to get in the water with that thing!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Don't you worry! I have one of those big Kitchen Aid blenders. You know, a couple of gallons and a couple of horsepower!
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

lady cop wrote: look at the size of this hammerhead. now think about what the heck could have taken the rest of it!? nothing i want to meet SCUBA diving! :eek:
Was diving with buddy in an inland Mich. lake. He came upon a 2' snapping turtle that was minding its own business slowly waddling along the bottom. Buddy pulled turtle's tail, turtle retreated into shell. Buddy "goosed" turtle, turtle took serious offense, whipped around with neck fully extended, mouth open to about 3". Turtles are slow right? Not when their under water and pissed off! This guy took off like a drag racer, buddy swam top speed for shore, turtle matched his speed. Didja ever see a long legged 6' guy in flippers, and tank burst out of water and try to run through shallow water, and on shore? turtle "patroled" shoreline for about 5 min, then dissapeared. Me? didja ever try to keep breather in mouth and belly laugh at the same time?

Something big enough to snack on that shark would cause me to call the navy :-3
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Der Wulf wrote:

Something big enough to snack on that shark would cause me to call the navy :-3
yep....gonna need a bigger boat!! ......and snapping turtles...i poked one with a car jack once, it bent the jack with its jaws! tell your buddy to come dive the springs in florida, we have 'gators whose tail he can pull. :D
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

LC, have you ever dived among sharks? I've seen a couple discovery shows with divers feeding, and petting sharks, gives me the heebeejeebee's:(
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Der Wulf wrote: LC, have you ever dived among sharks? I've seen a couple discovery shows with divers feeding, and petting sharks, gives me the heebeejeebee's:(
yes, i used to do a lot of underwater photography as a hobby, and i've been known to jump right in the water with them to get a good shot....but there are some species i would not ask to "smile" for me! not without a shark cage anyway!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: and i've been known to jump right in the water with them
LC's TOUGH!!!! :yh_worshp

Could this have been done by the shark getting caught in the propeller of one of those huge ships?? That's just creepy!

(Propeller? Rudder? WTF is it called???)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote:

Could this have been done by the shark getting caught in the propeller of one of those huge ships?? That's just creepy!

(Propeller? Rudder? WTF is it called???)
if a large prop blade had done that, it would be a clean slice, even if the hammerhead had been dumb enough to let a ship hit him. they hear/feel the vibrations of vessels from miles away and don't approach. (prop blades do cut up the poor slow manatees in florida waters all the time :-1 )

Return to “Science”