^ iceberg ^

lady cop

^ iceberg ^

Post by lady cop »

someone just emailed this photo to me...it is supposed to be a real shot of an iceberg taken under perfect conditions by a diver, clear water and sun directly overhead. i am amazed at the beauty of this berg, and it perfectly illustrates how little of it is seen at the surface...i can't help thinking of the RMS Titanic. the photo was taken off Newfoundland.

Attached files
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

:( hate to tell you this, pic is spectacular but a fake
lady cop

^ iceberg ^

Post by lady cop »

Cass wrote: :( hate to tell you this, pic is spectacular but a fake
are you sure? it was represented as real to me. :-5 well now i feel foolish! :o
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: are you sure? it was represented as real to me. :-5 well now i feel foolish! :o
Yeah I am sure.. no reason to be foolish - someone emailed me it too.. and I sent it to my dad before our alaska cruise all excited - then he sent me this back

http://www.snopes.com/photos/iceberg.asp
Paula

^ iceberg ^

Post by Paula »

Well, that puts an end to this discussion? You are out-smarting eachother now. :lips:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
BabyRider

^ iceberg ^

Post by BabyRider »

Cass wrote: :( hate to tell you this, pic is spectacular but a fake
Cass. Our resident fact-finder. Great picture, though!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

^ iceberg ^

Post by lady cop »

fake or not, it is perfectly illustrative of the reality...anyone care to discuss the Titanic? i am fascinated with the story.

Attached files
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

Have you been to the Titanic exhibit? I think they have one in orlando... but for a while there was one in Toronto ~ it was very very creepy looking at these artifacts under glass, eye glasses, saucers, coins, buttons to think how long they had rested on the bottom of the ocean.

As an amusing aside, on eBay there was once an auction for 2 life vests from the Titanic ~ Large, the bids were up around 10,000.00 and for a laugh Paul emailed the seller and asked if they had a medium :)

So tell me what you think about titanic, she was not very sleek looking ~ more like a powerful work horse.
LoveMama

^ iceberg ^

Post by LoveMama »

Cass wrote: Yeah I am sure.. no reason to be foolish - someone emailed me it too.. and I sent it to my dad before our alaska cruise all excited - then he sent me this back

http://www.snopes.com/photos/iceberg.asp

OMG.....you mean that some one is SENDING FAKE ICEBURG Photos????????????

I'll think I'll HAVE A DRINK!

XXXXXO

MAMA
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

LoveMama wrote: OMG.....you mean that some one is SENDING FAKE ICEBURG Photos????????????

I'll think I'll HAVE A DRINK!

XXXXXO

MAMA
LOL LoveMama ~ just when you think people can't stoop any lower, then BAM a fake iceberg :-5

Paula ~ what was I supposed to do? let everyone go on believe the pic was real? I wish it was real ~ it is beautiful.
Paula

^ iceberg ^

Post by Paula »

I can see you ladies are in the mood for field hockey, no wonder there is some-one after you, i hope they don't find you. Bye, Bye. :driving:
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

Paula wrote: I can see you ladies are in the mood for field hockey
Is that the one with sticks?
lady cop

^ iceberg ^

Post by lady cop »

ok, you asked. the RMS Titanic was the marvel of its time. unsinkable. it was boarded by dirt-poor and filthy rich. it was short of lifeboats because of the arrogance of the shipbuilders who 'knew' lifeboats would not be needed. :-1 a lot went wrong. iceberg advisories ignored, rescue ships in area asleep at the wheel.primitive communication, morse code was new. there are so many incredible stories of the ill-fated ship. the lives lost, the burial ground in nova scotia, the science of what really happened, the movies and books, whether accurate or not, the legend will live on forever. and so will the tragedy. imagine being in those freezing cold lifeboats and listening to the screams of the dying.
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

I imagine it would have been terrifying to know, with the ship listing heavily that there was no hope and it was going down... nothing could stop it.

How do you feel about them salvaging and bringing stuff up from Titanic? or do you feel it should have been left just as it was?
Paula

^ iceberg ^

Post by Paula »

Rotten lettuce thats all there was today @ Stop & Shop. It's really hard these days to find decent lettuce? What is going on here, well i'm not a stupid as you think. :lips: that un-edible brown stuff.
lady cop

^ iceberg ^

Post by lady cop »

Cass wrote: I imagine it would have been terrifying to know, with the ship listing heavily that there was no hope and it was going down... nothing could stop it.

How do you feel about them salvaging and bringing stuff up from Titanic? or do you feel it should have been left just as it was?
i have mixed feelings...some items brought up for educational purposes and exhibited in a museum setting are valid and valuable. it is history after all. but to bring up items for profit is grave-robbing in my estimation.
Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

Paula wrote: Rotten lettuce thats all there was today @ Stop & Shop. It's really hard these days to find decent lettuce? What is going on here, well i'm not a stupid as you think. :lips: that un-edible brown stuff.
Heres a nice head of iceberg for ya

Cass

^ iceberg ^

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: i have mixed feelings...some items brought up for educational purposes and exhibited in a museum setting are valid and valuable. it is history after all. but to bring up items for profit is grave-robbing in my estimation. I feel the same way - but I realize maritime law allowed them to do as they pleased with their prize and they spent millions getting down there to titanic.
Paula

^ iceberg ^

Post by Paula »

I like mixed greens too. When there is no edible lettuce, i buy greens, but i prefer a good head of lettuce. Afterall if i am going to stay healthy and beautiful i need my vitamins? :yh_star

Return to “Science”