Soul Searching

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Sheryl

Soul Searching

Post by Sheryl »

What is it? How do you do it?

I know this is a crazy question, but I'm interested in what others believe it is.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
minks

Soul Searching

Post by minks »

I would guess first ask yourself what you want and have you fulfilled it yet and if no, why not.

Then try and figure out how to do that. Do not confuse soul searching with being bored with yourself.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

Soul Searching

Post by spot »

I take it to be slowly and carefully examining your conscience and deciding what needs putting right. It's surprising what guilt you can turn up if you put your mind to it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Soul Searching

Post by Nomad »

Sheryl wrote: What is it? How do you do it?

I know this is a crazy question, but I'm interested in what others believe it is.

This is a very good question Sheryl. I believe the soul is a living energized entity. It needs nurturing and it needs to be payed attention to. I believe the soul is the essence of our being, who we really are. That meshed with the mind and heart as well of course.

I dont soul search so much as I soul listen. My soul is my teacher and my benefactor. It always tells me what is right for me, never will it tell me to go a way that is bad for me. I call the teachings nudges. I get nudged this way or that way through if I can come up with the right words here, a pulling, or a nagging feeling, something that wont go away until I correct a problem or make ammends to others or myself. I frequently make ammends to myself by learning from my mistakes and by listening to my inner thoughts, which I call my higher power or God. Then if needed I forgive myself. For me thats very important because if I dont forgive myself Im a mess, Ive learned its ok to screw up so long as I take something from my weakness.

I dont know if any of this makes sense to you, I dont know if Im smart enough to convey what I know to be true into words that would satisfy your question.

I would say listen. And as someone here once said breath. Not just the mechanics of inhaling and exhaling but the act of taking life in and giving life out.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

Soul Searching

Post by Lon »

When I think of SOUL SEARCHING I think of deciding on an issue or decision based on is it RIGHT or is it it WRONG.
BabyRider

Soul Searching

Post by BabyRider »

Being 100% brutally honest with yourself.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Annie Mouse

Soul Searching

Post by Annie Mouse »

For me, soul searching is a form of meditation. First I get comfortable and clear my mind of all the distractions and noise of the world outside. Then I relax and breathe, concentrating on my breath and just let the images or words come.

Sometimes, if I have a particular situation, I'll take a question with me into the silence and focus on that.

I spend time each day doing this - it keeps me grounded and 'whole'. I'm a mess if I don't.
CARLA

Soul Searching

Post by CARLA »

My word Nomadness you amaze me. This is eloquent and thoughtful. I'm at a lose for words as to how profound this is and true...!! :cool: I to listen to my soul all the time. It has guided me through many of lifes journeys.. ;)

[QUOTE]This is a very good question Sheryl. I believe the soul is a living energized entity. It needs nurturing and it needs to be payed attention to. I believe the soul is the essence of our being, who we really are. That meshed with the mind and heart as well of course.

I dont soul search so much as I soul listen. My soul is my teacher and my benefactor. It always tells me what is right for me, never will it tell me to go a way that is bad for me. I call the teachings nudges. I get nudged this way or that way through if I can come up with the right words here, a pulling, or a nagging feeling, something that wont go away until I correct a problem or make ammends to others or myself. I frequently make ammends to myself by learning from my mistakes and by listening to my inner thoughts, which I call my higher power or God. Then if needed I forgive myself. For me thats very important because if I dont forgive myself Im a mess, Ive learned its ok to screw up so long as I take something from my weakness.

I dont know if any of this makes sense to you, I dont know if Im smart enough to convey what I know to be true into words that would satisfy your question.

I would say listen. And as someone here once said breath. Not just the mechanics of inhaling and exhaling but the act of taking life in and giving life out.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nicole1624

Soul Searching

Post by Nicole1624 »

Soul searching works by using any means of spiritually mediums as an old tradition but still not as convincing for others and yet doing other ways of searching. Some are just making it up to fool anybody and yet they bite for it because of feeling an emotional encouragement. I know one way of soul searching, technologically advanced and realiable like surfing on the internet. Most of my peers doing it, they venture themselves around the world looking for their soulmate just sitting with their personnal computer. My friends advice me to try checking wealthymen dot com too for me to believe and... I do. Now, I know what is soul searching really is.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”