The saga continues....

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Remember my story about the dude p!ssing on my bike a few nights ago, and how one of the little creeps is my neighbor across the street?

Well. The Liberty Riders have decided to have a sort of "Neighborhood Awareness" pary at my house. We're going to have about 35-40 brothers show up, roaring into the 'hood on their screaming loud bikes, flying their colors to hang out on the lawn for a couple hours, to make a statement to the neighborhood. I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the kids who cause so much trouble here. I'm thinking it's going to be a much more quiet summer than last year in my area. :yh_devil :sneaky:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

SnoozeControl wrote: If you're gonna barbecue, I'll be there too.:yh_drool
Then I'll mke DAMN sure we barbeque!! What's your preference? Chicken, burgers, steak, kabobs....? Bullet is brilliant on the BBQ.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

spot

The saga continues....

Post by spot »

If you rig up a high pressure garden hose to twenty or so nozzles up trouser legs and get all the biker lads to unzip and let fly with them at the same time, you could wash the guy's garden down the street in seconds. Hell, they could probably do it without being plumbed into the water supply if they concentrate hard.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Sheryl

The saga continues....

Post by Sheryl »

Oh man BR, your gonna have all the old ladies in the nieghborhood trembling. And are ya sure you want Snooze at your BBQ??? :sneaky:

I hear BBQ makes her very hungry....bwawaawaawaaa
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Jives

The saga continues....

Post by Jives »

OK, I guess I'm not understanding this, BR. You currently have legal trouble, yet you think it would be a good idea to have a rowdy biker party to purposely intimidate the neighborhood.

Huh?!!!

1. Is everyone in your neighborhood bad? How will the good people feel? I can tell you right now a rowdy front-yard party next to me would **** me off. I'd call the police the second the noise got bad, maybe sooner.

2. Wouldn't it be better to take a less divisive and more unified approach? Maybe setting up a neighborhood watch and letting the police handle any disturbances? What about video surveliance? if you want revenge, get some footage of the punks committing crimes and turn it in to the police.

In other words,let the system work on your side, instead of taking the law into your own hands.

I like you, BR...so I'll be straight and not funny or flippant, this sounds like trouble with a capital "T" to me.

And the Good Lord knows you don't need any more of that.;)
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Jives wrote: OK, I guess I'm not understanding this, BR. You currently have legal trouble, yet you think it would be a good idea to have a rowdy biker party to purposely intimidate the neighborhood.

Huh?!!!

1. Is everyone in your neighborhood bad? How will the good people feel? I can tell you right now a rowdy front-yard party next to me would **** me off. I'd call the police the second the noise got bad, maybe sooner.

2. Wouldn't it be better to take a less divisive and more unified approach? Maybe setting up a neighborhood watch and letting the police handle any disturbances? What about video surveliance? if you want revenge, get some footage of the punks committing crimes and turn it in to the police.

In other words,let the system work on your side, instead of taking the law into your own hands.

I like you, BR...so I'll be straight and not funny or flippant, this sounds like trouble with a capital "T" to me.

And the Good Lord knows you don't need any more of that.;)
While I appreciate your interest and concern Jives, this party is going ahead. It's not like we'll be partying into the wee hours of the night. This is a middle of the day gathering, with friends. Most likely the neighbors that know us will come and join us, not be annoyed. Those who aren't invited and know why, will get a message. If the prosecutor thinks he can use a party to bolster his case, then I suggest he go for it. He's going to get laughed out of court as it is now.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bryn Mawr

The saga continues....

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Jives wrote:

Very, very sound advice!
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Jives wrote: In other words,let the system work on your side, instead of taking the law into your own hands.

How would you see this as taking the law into our own hands? There's no law against havng a party on your own lawn, last time I checked.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bryn Mawr

The saga continues....

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BabyRider wrote: How would you see this as taking the law into our own hands? There's no law against havng a party on your own lawn, last time I checked.

The law isn't always about the letter - sometimes it's about the application.

Not a good idea to p!$$ the good neighbours or the fuzz off too much unless you're whiter than white (and who is?).
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Bryn Mawr wrote: The law isn't always about the letter - sometimes it's about the application.

Not a good idea to p!$$ the good neighbours or the fuzz off too much unless you're whiter than white (and who is?).
All your concerns are appreciated....really. The gathering is going ahead. The "fuzz" around here doesn't do much in the way of crime prevention, so maybe some awareness will do the trick. Y'all don't live where I do, and can't fully comprehend the implications, or the impact this gathering will have. I can guarantee that after this party, I will not have to worry about anyone p!ssing on my bike again. I also won't have to worry about getting robbed, mugged, or assaulted.

You guys could give me SOME credit for having a few brain cells still functioning. I do happen to know what I'm doing.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bryn Mawr

The saga continues....

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BabyRider wrote:

You guys could give me SOME credit for having a few brain cells still functioning. I do happen to know what I'm doing.

Then enjoy - may it go well for you :)
DesignerGal

The saga continues....

Post by DesignerGal »

Party on, Biker Trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!:guitarist

HBIC
Peg

The saga continues....

Post by Peg »

BabyRider wrote: Remember my story about the dude p!ssing on my bike a few nights ago, and how one of the little creeps is my neighbor across the street?

Well. The Liberty Riders have decided to have a sort of "Neighborhood Awareness" pary at my house. We're going to have about 35-40 brothers show up, roaring into the 'hood on their screaming loud bikes, flying their colors to hang out on the lawn for a couple hours, to make a statement to the neighborhood. I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the kids who cause so much trouble here. I'm thinking it's going to be a much more quiet summer than last year in my area. :yh_devil :sneaky:
Oh man BR, we haven't disagreed in a while but you know that I, like you, will tell someone when I think their idea is not the greatest. THIS is why people have this misconception of bikers. This sets it back 30 years.:-1
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Peg wrote: Oh man BR, we haven't disagreed in a while but you know that I, like you, will tell someone when I think their idea is not the greatest. THIS is why people have this misconception of bikers. This sets it back 30 years.:-1
You guys seem to think that we're going to be drag racing up and down the block, terrorizing the neighbors and doing burn-outs in old ladies driveways!!

We are simply gathering at my house, before a run, to be seen and make the people who are troublemakers aware of our affiliations. No one is going to even say a word to another person on the block.

Besides, what would you say if I told you that the club was meeting up for a run at my house just for the sake of a run? This is no different, only we're going to hang for a while here. No one is going to go after anyone, no one is going to go knocking on people's doors, be threatening, or any other such thing. We are just going to BE HERE.

The LR's rocker says "Liberty, Freedom or Death." We are exercising our liberty to have a run and a gathering at a brother's house beforehand.

That's the beauty of the idea. We don't actually have to DO anything. Just be seen. That itself sends enough of a message.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Jives

The saga continues....

Post by Jives »

BabyRider wrote: You guys seem to think that we're going to be drag racing up and down the block, terrorizing the neighbors and doing burn-outs in old ladies driveways!!

ACK! I'm a victim of my own stereotypes! LOL! Well, since it's the middle of the day, I take it back. I was thinking of a party after dark.

We are simply gathering at my house, before a run, to be seen and make the people who are troublemakers aware of our affiliations. No one is going to even say a word to another person on the block.

Well to play a well-known game that my students love to pull on me: "What if"

What if someone decides to confront you?

Besides, what would you say if I told you that the club was meeting up for a run at my house just for the sake of a run?

Well then I'd say, "More power to ya!" But that's not what you implied in your original post. That post had a bit of an edge to it and I saw my worst fears coming true that you would get negative publicity at the exact wrong time. Jurors aren't angels, they make snap judgements just like I just did.

That's the beauty of the idea. We don't actually have to DO anything. Just be seen. That itself sends enough of a message.

Works for me! I doubt if any of your brothers would cause extra trouble for you anyway, they know your situation.

Just...please be careful!

:o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
LilacDragon

The saga continues....

Post by LilacDragon »

I used to live in Ponticrack - I mean Pontiac - so I understand what type of neighborhood you are talking about but I have to say, I would be less then impressed with your party.

While I understand your intentions, I must say that 35 or 40 bikes "show up, roaring into the 'hood on their screaming loud bikes" would make me furious! And while your intention maybe to have a nice friendly party, I don't think it would be appreciated anymore then some drug dealer's party with a bunch of guys wearing pants hanging down to their knees with their boxers showing and their heads covered in their gang colored bandana.

I don't think it would make me feel safer, but I can promise you I would be looking for a new apartment in a skinny minute.
Sandi

BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Jives wrote: What if someone decides to confront you?

Now I ask you, Jives....if there was a large group of leather-clad, tattooed, crazy-looking bikers hanging out on your neighbors lawn, drinking and having a good time, not bothering a soul, would YOU go confront them?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

LilacDragon wrote: I

I don't think it would make me feel safer, but I can promise you I would be looking for a new apartment in a skinny minute.
Well, then, if that's the effect it has on the people the message is meant for, then we will have accomplished even more than we'd originally hoped.

Anytime an M/C goes on a run, there is bound to be a neighborhood we go through, perhaps more than one, to pick up brothers on the way. It's not like it's an every day occurence that a pack of 20 or 30 or more bikes comes down the road. It's an event, and what reaction do we get mostly?? People out on their porches watching the impressive display of chrome and steel and leather, their kids running to the edge of the road to wave and jump up and down in glee, thrilling in the roar of the pipes. We get more positive reaction than negative, 99 times out of 100. So, while you might get furious, most others think it's a damn awesome sight.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

valerie

The saga continues....

Post by valerie »

BabyRider wrote: Then I'll mke DAMN sure we barbeque!! What's your preference? Chicken, burgers, steak, kabobs....? Bullet is brilliant on the BBQ.

Um, BR, PLEASE don't put a Bullet on the BBQ!! ;)

:yh_rotfl

(I wouldn't confront you, but I sure as heck would walk up and ask

if I could take a closer look at the bikes!!)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

valerie wrote: Um, BR, PLEASE don't put a Bullet on the BBQ!! ;)

:yh_rotfl

(I wouldn't confront you, but I sure as heck would walk up and ask

if I could take a closer look at the bikes!!)
Bullet on the BBQ??!?!?! Holy cow, woman, they don't make BBQ's that big!!! :yh_rotfl

We get lots of folks coming 'round asking questions about this bike or that, and most every guy/girl is happy to talk about his/her bike!

One really cool thing...there's a lot of bikes in the club with "phantom" paint jobs, and the guys just love pointing those out to citizens, who always find it amazing.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Sheryl

The saga continues....

Post by Sheryl »

Go for it BR it's your yard, you can do whatever you want.

Oh and the phantom paint jobs are awesome. Dave did some phantom flames on a bike he painted. The bike was painted a pearl white, with blue pearl flames.

my son
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Sheryl wrote: Go for it BR it's your yard, you can do whatever you want.

Oh and the phantom paint jobs are awesome. Dave did some phantom flames on a bike he painted. The bike was painted a pearl white, with blue pearl flames.
He does the paint himself??? I'm impressed!! That's not an easy thing to master.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Sheryl

The saga continues....

Post by Sheryl »

Yes that's his dream job is to paint bikes and cars for a living. :D He's done 3 bikes so far, but time has kept him from doing more. I just wish he'd get the firebird finished though. He's had it for nearly 6 years and only has the motor running. :D

I'll have to find his before and after pics of his bike.

my son
BabyRider

The saga continues....

Post by BabyRider »

Sheryl wrote:

I'll have to find his before and after pics of his bike.
Oh yes, Please!!!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

theia

The saga continues....

Post by theia »

BR... Weeder here.. last day in England. I wouldnt throw a cigarette butt on the

street... until that court date is over. First reason is appearances.appearances.

Second reason is you cannott have controll over 40 minds. Or be totally confident that each persons behavior will be above reproach. If something went wrong... you wouldnt want to be explaining intentions on top of other legal problems. Id wipe up the mess.. strangle my anger. and feel powerful to know inside myself, why I was refraining from displaying any kind of reaction. I love the way the Dahli Lama always says that ones most powerful weapon is silence.....Weeder
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Return to “Biker Forum”