How to solve a Sudoku Puzzle

Post your factoids here. Things you find interesting. Items that we may not know about.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

These puzzles seem to be the latest rage. Here is some help in hearning to solve them.

http://www.wikihow.com/Solve-a-Sudoku
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Many otherwise rational people believe that doing just one little sudoku puzzle is okay. They are responsible adults and will only need a couple of hits a day, and can quit any time.

They've seen the fine print warnings, the horrific pictures which come with the friendly little puzzles, but they think they know better.

DO NOT GO THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Research has shown that suduku's are addictive, socially narsty and can cause repeated self stabbings with a pencil.

Today one sudoku puzzle. Tomorrow fifteen. The day after - you'll be full of number-leaking pencil holes and could well be on the hard stuff - posting frenetically in Forum Garden....

Aaaaaaaaaaarghgghghhggh
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Thanks alot, I just got one!:wah:

But I am checking out that link Marie, thanks!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I claim the excuse of being confined for some hours Chonsi, but today I've completed three, got stonkered by the fourth. I should have listened to the warnings.. grin.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I got a hand held one. It takes me 4-5 minutes to solve one. Is that a long time? I never had one before, bought it 2 days ago.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yes, but I get the impression you're a mathematical (and other) genius, Chonsi. My single blonde neuron does fire from time to time, but sometimes spirally. I can do easy and medium and sometimes hard, but hey.. diabolical ones... rarely. (I do the newspaper ones, and have books from sundry newsagents from sundry countries... no language problems with numbers, grin.).. Funny, but you really notice these days on long plane trips the amount of people silently, or not so silently, puzzling over these narsty little tricky things. Grin.

Niamh

Post by Niamh »

hello FG friends.............I'm back !! :guitarist

Still coughing and spluttering ..........and having to guzzle toddy....... woe is me !! :wah: :wah:

I do love my sudokus but have'nt ever seen a Killer Samurai. Know anyplace where I can print some from please ?

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Niamh wrote: hello FG friends.............I'm back !! :guitarist

Still coughing and spluttering ..........and having to guzzle toddy....... woe is me !! :wah: :wah:

I do love my sudokus but have'nt ever seen a Killer Samurai. Know anyplace where I can print some from please ?

The Times website - start off with Monday's and work through the week.

You'll think easy pease until Wednesday and then by Friday you'll be climbing up the wall.
Niamh

Post by Niamh »

hello Bryn Mawr..........thanx for your reply. :D

Can't find the big Samurai type Killer puzzle there. :-5

I print out the single Killer sudokus from The Times online but would love to try the Samurai. ( 5 in 1 ) The Mail has some tough sudokus too, but not the Killer type, nor samurais. ..........deep sigh !!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, I shall look at the written ones then, they must be harder then the gadget ones. I do not find it very addicting yet, because I solve it and go and wash the dishes, like usual.:wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Niamh wrote: hello Bryn Mawr..........thanx for your reply. :D

Can't find the big Samurai type Killer puzzle there. :-5

I print out the single Killer sudokus from The Times online but would love to try the Samurai. ( 5 in 1 ) The Mail has some tough sudokus too, but not the Killer type, nor samurais. ..........deep sigh !!

Wow - I've not seen the 5 in 1 format with Killer rules - that would be a monster
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

chonsigirl wrote: Ah, I shall look at the written ones then, they must be harder then the gadget ones. I do not find it very addicting yet, because I solve it and go and wash the dishes, like usual.:wah:

I've never seen a difficult one in the on-line gadgets - you need to go to the printed source for the fun ones
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I shall look for some printed ones, they will be online I bet....................

Return to “Did You Know?”