Email notification

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Misha

Email notification

Post by Misha »

I have my settings set to prevent email notifications of replies to my post.

But my personal email account is full of replies.

What gives?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Email notification

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Misha wrote: I have my settings set to prevent email notifications of replies to my post.

But my personal email account is full of replies.

What gives?

Is this the e-mail account you gave when you signed up or the FG Personal Message space.

E-Mail notifications are sent to your real world e-mail account, you personal account is for PMs sent by other members (limit 5 entries until you become a supporting member.
Misha

Email notification

Post by Misha »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Is this the e-mail account you gave when you signed up or the FG Personal Message space.

E-Mail notifications are sent to your real world e-mail account, you personal account is for PMs sent by other members (limit 5 entries until you become a supporting member.

I meant the replies in the forums are being sent to my email address.

But never mind, I guess the server took awhile to reset so I am not recieving anymore.
anastrophe

Email notification

Post by anastrophe »

Misha wrote: I meant the replies in the forums are being sent to my email address.

But never mind, I guess the server took awhile to reset so I am not recieving anymore.

we're beginning to get bounce reports for messages sent to you. did you put in place blocking of some kind?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Misha

Email notification

Post by Misha »

anastrophe wrote: we're beginning to get bounce reports for messages sent to you. did you put in place blocking of some kind?

In settings,I requested that no replies to my posts be sent to my email address.If I wish to read them, I will do so on this site.

As far as bouncing, I am unaware. All know is that the replies are not filling up my inbox at my mail server at canada.com anymore.
Misha

Email notification

Post by Misha »

anastrophe wrote: we're beginning to get bounce reports for messages sent to you. did you put in place blocking of some kind?

Checked all the boxes and entered No Mail notifications and all are marked as NONE

Should that do it?
Rain

Email notification

Post by Rain »

I have mine set to NOT receive email notifications as well. Yet I'm receiving them. I'm new, so please help me to understand. Thank you.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”