Support Forum

capt_buzzard

Support Forum

Post by capt_buzzard »

There are many folk with problems i.e. Family, Relationships, Employment, Racism, Abuse, Violence in the home ect. This list is endless.

A Support Forum for members with any of the above.

Koan and lady cop have been very helpful in this area toward others in the past. Perphaps one of them could moderate it?
lady cop

Support Forum

Post by lady cop »

well thanks for volunteering me Capt.! :eek: ...i would rather leave those type things where they usually end up, because frankly sometimes i don't want to deal with the interminable long-winded, often not credible, jerry-springer-like stories from people who come here with their very first post and spill their guts all over the forums...some of those letters are real and frankly some aren't. some really want some good advice, some just want some cheese with their whine.....i am not at all unkind, but recently i really ran out of patience with a proponent of self-cutting who absolutely REFUSED to accept any good advice, instead wanted to babble about her body image and boyfriend who looked at other girls. when i tried to discuss the real problem she said i was a 'bully'. then there was another one with about 5 men in her life, one in and out of jail all the time, has 'cancer' but is only concerned with her sex life, not her children, and told the most contradictory convoluted improbable story i have seen anywhere yet. (and remember, i listen to this crap in the real world all the time, and know BS when i hear it, i am finely tuned to it.) if "regular" people here, that we feel we know, have a real problem, everyone would jump in to help. i among them. but the attention-seeking nut case who registers and then hangs out all their dirty laundry leaves many of us shaking our heads. and frankly it is obvious some of these stories are pure fiction, and poor fiction at that. some of them needed psychiatric help, more than we can provide. i am going to ignore the next phoney one i see, wish them well and not feed their little game.
abbey

Support Forum

Post by abbey »

Well said LC, i too have to agree that its really annoying when someone comes into the garden just to tell us their problems then bugger off and leave us arguing about whats best for them and how to sort out their problems!! :-5
Paula

Support Forum

Post by Paula »

This is a great idea, where do i begin? Support forum, lets see what happens. Hi Abbey, so nice to see you back. :yh_glasse
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
abbey

Support Forum

Post by abbey »

Paula wrote: This is a great idea, where do i begin? Support forum, lets see what happens. Hi Abbey, so nice to see you back. :yh_glasse

Good to be back luv, i've been to Robinhoods bay in Yorkshire for a break & i'm back refreshed & raring to go xx :driving:
Paula

Support Forum

Post by Paula »

The "husband" is around today so i cannot be on the computer too long. He doesn't like me here. It has been so difficult having him home. He is not recovering well from knee surgery and has been a nightmare with his attitude. i really think he needs help or medication of some kind. he has almost totaled his walker, broke a cane by hitting things with it (not me) i would call the police. i am exhausted & recently discovered myself having anemia not sure why, but need to start having tests done. Paula is a very tired person...i cannot explain. Business is growing and i don't want to work as much, the kids want more money & the in-laws want some too. We are looking at a profitable year, i am not in the mood. The tests will find something, i can just tell (inside) there is a problem...never been ill, time for a tune-up, i hope it doesn't hurt. We are a hard working family that may be over-worked, we are. :-1
Peg

Support Forum

Post by Peg »

Just keep in mind one thing Paula. All the money in the world is not worth your health. :-6
koan

Support Forum

Post by koan »

I enjoy giving advice to people who ask for it. It is not always what they want to hear and I try not to get too involved in whether they take the advice or not.

The problem with offering a Support Forum by name is that we are not licensed psychologists or therapists. If we have a member who is then they could offer advice with the credentials to back it up. I would hate to see someone come here with a serious problem instead of getting proper professional help thinking that a "support forum is a good alternative.

I do agree that it might be good to have an area that is more appropriate for posting problems. It would definately have to have a sticky with the disclaimers on it and a title that does not assume any legitimacy or qualifications as an actual therapy.
Paula

Support Forum

Post by Paula »

Peg wrote: Just keep in mind one thing Paula. All the money in the world is not worth your health. :-6
you are right Peg, but it takes alot of money to make the health insurance payments monthly. i am looking for another person to help. there are days i sit here for hours. have to go to my grand-daughters (6th) birthday. bye bye.
capt_buzzard

Support Forum

Post by capt_buzzard »

Thanks Koan & Lady Cop, I get your drift.
weeder

Support Forum

Post by weeder »

lady cop wrote: well thanks for volunteering me Capt.! :eek: ...i would rather leave those type things where they usually end up, because frankly sometimes i don't want to deal with the interminable long-winded, often not credible, jerry-springer-like stories from people who come here with their very first post and spill their guts all over the forums...some of those letters are real and frankly some aren't. some really want some good advice, some just want some cheese with their whine.....i am not at all unkind, but recently i really ran out of patience with a proponent of self-cutting who absolutely REFUSED to accept any good advice, instead wanted to babble about her body image and boyfriend who looked at other girls. when i tried to discuss the real problem she said i was a 'bully'. then there was another one with about 5 men in her life, one in and out of jail all the time, has 'cancer' but is only concerned with her sex life, not her children, and told the most contradictory convoluted improbable story i have seen anywhere yet. (and remember, i listen to this crap in the real world all the time, and know BS when i hear it, i am finely tuned to it.) if "regular" people here, that we feel we know, have a real problem, everyone would jump in to help. i among them. but the attention-seeking nut case who registers and then hangs out all their dirty laundry leaves many of us shaking our heads. and frankly it is obvious some of these stories are pure fiction, and poor fiction at that. some of them needed psychiatric help, more than we can provide. i am going to ignore the next phoney one i see, wish them well and not feed their little game.Thank You. This is exactly the reason I had to take a break. Cant listen to these ridiculous saga stories. And how can one offer advice regarding these horrible situations, not knowing the history of the stranger posting. I also like to think that I am someone who is always willing to help another human. But some of the scenarios are meant to shock. I find the lack of common sense , overwhelmingly depressing ,

and honestly frightening.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Peg

Support Forum

Post by Peg »

A lot of the stories are far fetched, but truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction. The way I see, and this is just my opinion, even if the girl that was a self cutter didn't heed the advice, someone reading it might.
abbey

Support Forum

Post by abbey »

archergirl wrote: That's a really good point Abbey, but I have to agree with Peg...
Point taken hon x :o
Tombstone

Support Forum

Post by Tombstone »

Don't we have this type of forum discussion in the Friends, Relationships, & Advice?

The sub-header on it is: Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
koan

Support Forum

Post by koan »

Tombstone wrote: Don't we have this type of forum discussion in the Friends, Relationships, & Advice?

The sub-header on it is: Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.

Yeah, we do. I think our advice is so good that the Captain thought we should step it up.

We are pretty damn good after all. :D

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”