Power to kill

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Power to kill

Post by koan »

You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word "good-bye". People would die a natural death and no one would suspect you. Would you use this power?
Shweet tatersalad

Power to kill

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

I have a list:sneaky:
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

No. But I would get so obsessed by not trying to think of their deaths and two goodbyes, that I probably would do both and I'd be a serial killer when I didn't want to be :-5
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
bigears

Power to kill

Post by bigears »

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

:D
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

bigears wrote: Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Who have you just killed, bigears? Hopefully not the poster above you :thinking:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
bigears

Power to kill

Post by bigears »

Oh nonononononono
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

bigears wrote: Oh nonononononono

Sorry, bigears, whatever your intention...I am no more :-1
bigears

Power to kill

Post by bigears »

Oops

:sneaky:
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

oops!! Is that all you can say?? What about some show of remorse and compassion? You've just killed me...oops?
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

Oh I forgot...goodbye, goodbye, bigears :sneaky:
bigears

Power to kill

Post by bigears »

Hah... it hasn't worked Theia!

It hasn't wor
RedGlitter

Power to kill

Post by RedGlitter »

The only people I would do that to are ones who don't deserve a natural peaceful death.
Nomad

Power to kill

Post by Nomad »

theia wrote: oops!! Is that all you can say?? What about some show of remorse and compassion? You've just killed me...oops?

Theia 2,465 :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
papaboo951

Power to kill

Post by papaboo951 »

Nope, divorce will work
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

bigears wrote: Hah... it hasn't worked Theia!

It hasn't wor

Big ears?

Hello

Hello
Accountable

Power to kill

Post by Accountable »

If word got out, it would certainly make phone conversations shorter. :-2

Goodbye.

*click*
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

Nomad wrote: Theia 2,465 :D

:sneaky:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Power to kill

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Only if I could also get inside their head and KNOW that they were guilty and that it was deliberate.
nihilisticmadman

Power to kill

Post by nihilisticmadman »

Of course I would use such power...

myspace
booradley

Power to kill

Post by booradley »

nah, death's too easy. Can we sort of torture them first?
spot

Power to kill

Post by spot »

What an odd question. I already have it, along with a few more interesting powers. I've just never used it, I can't see the slightest reason why I might want to. If we live in the best of all possible worlds, why would we want to risk changing it for the worse?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Power to kill

Post by minks »

NO

I would not, the only power I would like in such a case, would be the power to make their guilt eat them up....:sneaky:

Hi ya Spot nice seeing you again
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
theia

Power to kill

Post by theia »

Big ears? It's theia again. Please come back, I didn't mean it. It just sort of slipped out :-1

Has anyone heard from Big ears? If he's playing some kind of game with me, I'll kill him...again :)
woppy71

Power to kill

Post by woppy71 »

Absolutely NO
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
sunny104

Power to kill

Post by sunny104 »

no, it wouldn't be for me to decide when someone's time is up....
Shweet tatersalad

Power to kill

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

onsekiz wrote: I'd work for government.

I would BE the goverment,

AAAHHHH it's good too be King.

Sunshine:p
sunny104

Power to kill

Post by sunny104 »

Shweet tatersalad wrote:

Sunshine:p

are you stalking me?? :-3

laneybug

Power to kill

Post by laneybug »

booradley;371593 wrote: nah, death's too easy. Can we sort of torture them first?

That's what I say. I would definitely use this power if the person absolutely didn't deserve to live. And there are people like that.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
laneybug

Power to kill

Post by laneybug »

sunny104;372050 wrote: no, it wouldn't be for me to decide when someone's time is up....

Oh, I would have nooo problem deciding when some child molester's, or rapist's, or murderer's life should end. Absolutely not. They are a waste of space and a waste of taxes, if they're put in prison, anyway. If they're not in prison, well, they're obviously a danger to society. So why not kill them? If they have no regard for someone else's life, why should anyone have regard for them? I'm usually quite a compassionate person, but I have no compassion for people who are willing to destroy someone's life and have no remorse. I also believe in what comes around goes around, and what goes around for those kinds of people should come sooner than if it did naturally.

than closed by belief.
cinamin

Power to kill

Post by cinamin »

Hate to admit it, but there are a few really bad people who I'd have killed for sure if I had the power.
Lon

Power to kill

Post by Lon »

I could use that power in a heartbeat and sleep well at night.
WonderWendy3

Power to kill

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I said NO...

Not to say I haven't hoped for bad things to happen to certain people, that would be lying...but to have the power to end someones life is not something I would want to responsible for.
Peg

Power to kill

Post by Peg »

Without a doubt I'd use it. Like laneybug, I'd use it mostly for child molesters.
guppy

Power to kill

Post by guppy »

i would not want the power to hurt or kill anyone..... now...to help or cure someone of a disease that would be different....thati would want...:)
laneybug

Power to kill

Post by laneybug »

I love all the compassion and sympathy floating around in this thread, but you do realize that you're literally paying to keep some scumbag's life going. And what do you think, 9 times out of 10, they're going to do? Go to prison, get 3 meals a day, free lodging, and learn how to be a better criminal, then get out. The prison system, at least in the US, is basically a big welfare system for a'holes. I certainly don't work my butt off to support those people. So hey, why not ship them off to some deserted island and let them fend for themselves? I'm sure that'd solve the problem. Especially if you throw in some murderers to the mix.

than closed by belief.
minks

Power to kill

Post by minks »

Far Rider;600907 wrote: I'd be tired of syaing bye-bye when I was done.

1. I'd go to prisons, ANY and every Violent offender would die.

2. My terror list and the worlds terror list would slowly die.

I'm no bleeding heart. I believe God gave man the power to eliminate evil and if granted the ability I'd use it and sleep well at night.

that is our Far for you :)

The new sheriff in town :)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Power to kill

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Far Rider;600907 wrote: I'd be tired of syaing bye-bye when I was done.

1. I'd go to prisons, ANY and every Violent offender would die.

2. My terror list and the worlds terror list would slowly die.

I'm no bleeding heart. I believe God gave man the power to eliminate evil and if granted the ability I'd use it and sleep well at night.

If you want to bring God into this, I thought the word was :-

Romans 12:19-21 (New International Version)

19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

20 On the contrary:

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;

if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Sapphire_Alchemist

Power to kill

Post by Sapphire_Alchemist »

My answer to the poll would be a no. I actually had to think hard about this before answering, because I could think of several valid reasons for either a yes or a no. My reason behind my answer is simple: though nobody would ever suspect foul play (and I, therefore, would get away with it) it isn't my place to act as executioner.

I do think it would be kind of exciting to be like a juvilante and rid my city of bad people, but there are serious cons to that. One: how could I be 100% certain that person is really guilty? I'd never be able to live with myself if I destroyed an innocent person. Two: even if I managed to find a way to only kill guilty people, I don't think I have it in me to be responsible for another person’s death. Three: how could I be certain that I'd be able to control my power? What if I suddenly went insane and started saying goodbye goodbye to anyone I met? That would be beyond horrible. No, I'll leave the death penalty up to the officials in charge of it.

Btw - I do believe in the death penalty for crimes such as murder, rape, terrorism, and child molestation. I know some people say the death penalty is inhumane, but what about the victim? Isn't how the criminal hurt the victim inhumane? I believe that though the thing stolen (whether it be a life, innocence, sanity, etc) can never be returned, that doesn't mean that the person responsible should go free. A person who commits such crimes cannot be "cured", and they have no place in our society - they are nothing but a danger. Who wants those types of people hanging around and feeding off our tax dollars? They are simply a waste of space, and should be treated as such. The death penalty is for them.

Unfortunately, even after reasoning things out, there are still some people who adamantly oppose the death penalty. I have just one thing to say to those people: if your 7-year-old child was molested, or your mother raped, or your best friend brutally murdered, how would you feel then about the criminal then? Would you still feel enough compassion and sympathy for them to let them off with a lighter sentence?

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”