HERE'S YOUR CHANCE! Own a piece of Cher!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Well, not OUR Cher, of course, but that OTHER Cher!

Seems she's having a yard sale & dumping her "GOTHIC" stuff!

(From a local news article)

Following a trend set by rock star Elton John, Cher is selling off nearly 800 items from stage costumes to gem encrusted jewelry, works of art, furniture and even a huge Hummer car in an auction expected to raise more than $1 million.

"This is a lot more than a garage sale. Apart from the dresses and jewels there are Old Masters and architectural drawings," said Darren Julien of Julien's auctions.

"She has a huge following. She is an icon. Her career in song, stage and screen has spanned nearly four decades," he told Reuters as some of the items went on show in London on Monday ahead of the sale in Los Angeles on October 3-4.

Among the items on show are several dresses by star designer Bob Mackie, white and yellow gold rings and necklaces and a book of architectural drawings by 19th century Gothic Revivalist Augustus Pugin.

"She is redecorating her home, going for a Moroccan-Tibetan look and selling the Gothic revival items," he added, noting that the mannequins supporting the dresses had to be especially made because of Cher's special figure.

++++++++++++++ Don't know about you, but I could fancy sitting around my Moroccan-Tibetan-style home in some of those Bob Mackie gowns.....assuming I could at least get a leg in one of them!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:wah: I Like Cher but GOTHIC just not me, and I know for a fact I couldn't wear any of those gowns in this life time...:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Rain

Post by Rain »

The things listed isn't the piece my husband wants! :wah:
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

NOBODY could, Carla....but they sure were fun to see, weren't they?

What in @#$$ is "Moroccan-Tibetan?" :wah: :wah: :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Can we acquire one of the ribs she had removed? It'd be just like the old days. Bone collecting. The efficacy of owning a bit of a saint. Relics in our own FG ossuary. This is gross of course, but could be fun too. Very wicked grin.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

BONE COLLECTING? :wah:

Remember how Cinderella's stepsisters cut off parts of their feet to fit into the slipper? That'd be ME, trying on the Bob Mackie gowns! :wah:
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Yee ha h ahaha gasp...chuckle.OMG

Pam You Are Soooo funny.Snort.ha.oh,gotta laugh.hoo hoo hoo thanks for the laugh.Going to bed.Got a long day ahead,running at 3 am

How are the hormones Raging????tee he he good grief.

Now there's a thought, Saint Cher...?What were her miracles?...
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

If you had the money to waste you could waste a waist?
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

I guess nobody wants a piece of ME :-1
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Why, my dear.....everyone knows that YOU are a pearl beyond price!:-6
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: Why, my dear.....everyone knows that YOU are a pearl beyond price!:-6

And you once said that I know how to say the right thing?

Step right up, my dear friend :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “General Chit Chat”