What if this is good as it get's!!!!!!!

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Do you accept everything as it is or do you strive every day for that little bit more??

What's your views folks???

:) :) :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

theia

Post by theia »

SuzyB wrote: Do you accept everything as it is or do you strive every day for that little bit more??

I think acceptance is the way to go as I've noticed on the one or two times that I have accepted something, it evolves and changes shortly afterwards into something quite wonderful that I could never have dreamed...but of course, I rarely do accept things and I usually choose the striving :-5
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Pinky wrote: I always want that little bit more...as soon as I've got past one goalpost, I look for the next. I'm the kind of person that looks for constant stimulation...I get bored easily!

I always have to have a goal in mind.

Pinky

You sound just like me, it always amazes me what some people settle for in life. :)

theia

Post by theia »

Pinky wrote: I know, mind you, I wonder if I will ever be content because of the nature of my personality.

I sometimes think there is something majorly wrong with me. Other people seem to be able to be content, so why can't I?

Even contentment is temporary, like everything else...do you ever feel contented, Pinky, or is it so fleeting that you can't seem to hang on to it? Cos mine's a bit like that
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

theia wrote: Even contentment is temporary, like everything else...do you ever feel contented, Pinky, or is it so fleeting that you can't seem to hang on to it? Cos mine's a bit like that

A bottle of wine and a large galaxy choccy bar...mmmm that's contentment, on a serious note theia, it's just being aware that you are content and to enjoy the feelings that this brings :-6 :-6

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

It depends on the day. There are alot of times when I have been perfectly content just to settle. But then I realize what wanting more can get you, and I attempt to do better.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

if your happy having fun laughing with people you love that really is as good as it gets :) money nice cars you soon get bored of them
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

jimbo wrote: if your happy having fun laughing with people you love that really is as good as it gets :) money nice cars you soon get bored of them

Right!

It's about being pleased with who you are and where you're at, as opposed to what you have. :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

weber

Post by weber »

How much gooder could it get than this. This is an awesome forum where a person can find it all.....well almost all.:-3
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
weber

Post by weber »

Yo Pinky

I have discovered it is that there are no moderators and people can be people without moderators stepping in and kicking ass , throwing out, whatever.:-5

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

G-man

Post by G-man »

Wow, that's amazing Pinky! Just goes to show you that in order to feel so passionately about what someone says... it just shows how you care about someone, really... otherwise you would more likely just be apathetic. I don't really get into arguments like that, however... what does that say about me? I don't feel that I'm unemotional or lacking passion, either though... I just don't see the point in arguing... debating, perhaps, but... that's hardly the same thing. Anyway... I believe in never giving up... that's no fun... just keep on pushing that envelope and be all that we can strive to be! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

weber

Post by weber »

Pinky wrote: It is refreshing. funny really, one of the really good friendships I hve here was made after a steaming great online argument!!!

I PM'd the person to say sorry for going off on one, and we've been mates ever since.

Funny how things work sometimes.

That's the difference here Pinky

people are able to breathe and say their mind, squabble and make up.:-6

weber

Post by weber »

I agree Floppy

Lez flip flop.:D

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

flopstock wrote: If this is as good as it gets, then that's alright by me.

Ah, Floopy :-4

I DO like the way you said that. :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Casey Morgan

Post by Casey Morgan »

Life is like trying to keep 20 plates spinning at the same time. Some of them need attention right now. Some of them are OK but you need to keep an eye on them. Some of them are fine just the way they are; mess with them and they'll fall off and break. You just have to know which plate needs what.

Some of them have a funny wobble to them but they're spinning just fine. Those are the hardest to leave alone. You have this picture in your mind of it spinning just so but darn it, it isn't. And it never will. But it IS spinning, and it WILL stay on that pole just like it is. You just have to learn to be OK with the wobble.

Sometimes it comes down to that whole "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" thing. And sometimes it is. It's just that you've never seen the {fertilizer} somebody else dumped in the driveway. And they chose to take that fertilizer and turn it into something positive.

Contentment will never come from outside. It can only come from within. The key to contentment in any area of your life is two simple words: I choose. Yes this plate doesn't spin like it does in my dreams, but I choose to let it spin like that. I choose to be OK with the wobble.

Some plates need to be spun. I choose to spin them. I choose to deal with it if it falls.

I choose to not spin some plates. I choose to be OK with spinning them later. I choose to let them be for now.

I choose to accept that not all of my plates are going to spin exactly the way I want them to spin at every given moment.

I choose, and so I have the power.
Raven

Post by Raven »

SuzyB wrote: Do you accept everything as it is or do you strive every day for that little bit more??

I never settle. I go for it whole hog. But I must admit, that as I get that little bit older, it just doesnt come as easy as it did before. But still......
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

casey as usual your wisdom is faultless
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

jimbo wrote: casey as usual your wisdom is faultless

And I second that.

Great post, Casey :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Raven

Post by Raven »

cherandbuster wrote: And I second that.

Great post, Casey :guitarist
It really was, wasnt it? :-6
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Raven wrote: It really was, wasnt it? :-6

Most definitely! Casey is one smart cookie! :)
Raven

Post by Raven »

Rapunzel wrote: Most definitely! Casey is one smart cookie! :)
Still waters run deep, as they say. Deep thoughts!
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

jimbo wrote: if your happy having fun laughing with people you love that really is as good as it gets :) money nice cars you soon get bored of them
Well give me the money and let me find out for myself.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

yzgi

i dont have the money and sports cars any more but i'm much happier without them honestly , those things were great until something bad happens then you realize a day with your family can mean more than a lump of metel (or fibreglass and lotus engine in my case ) or having money in the bank for money cant bring back loved ones and it cant buy you happiness honest i know

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”