2D Fighters

Quik

2D Fighters

Post by Quik »

For the past years, the genre of 2d fighting games has been dramatically reduced to games wtih highly unbalanced characters, simplistic dynamics, and lame graphics for the type of genre.

This genre of gaming is vastly devoling, eliminating the gathering of competition at arcades and the exchange of skill and style. One thing that I am tired of seeing when it comes to fighting games now is the explotation of one character over the rest; like Marth from super smash brothers, as oppossed to just playing who you like.

I also haven't played anything too ground breaking in this genre since Street Fighter 3 third strike.

On another note, there haven't even been that many 2D fighters being published, its a sad thing to see that one of the greatest genres of gaming is being reduced to nothing a memory of tireless collections of games from the yester-years. Oh well nothing much I can do but Rant; thanks for reading.
Fibonacci

2D Fighters

Post by Fibonacci »

:( Sadly 2D Games are being Phased Out. 3D Fighting Games such as Tekken are insanely popular today. The reason?? It's a new challenge. Something New. The 2D game were all great, as long as they stayed challenging. These days everyone has the moves/combos memorized. Basically there was no challenge, No competition.

:confused: Its damn near impossible to memorize all the moves for theses newer games. Not to mention that with these you have to master your timing as well. If you attack to late your opponent wil have already sidestepped it leaving you open.

They are just more challenging.

I will miss those 2D games though!:-1
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”