Photography as Art

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Uncle Kram

Photography as Art

Post by Uncle Kram »

As well as being an annoyingly brilliant musician, my brothers creative talents are also evident in his photography which I think is very artistic. Check it out and see what you think.

WARNING: Some rude words and 4 embarrassing pictures of yours truly

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettwilde/

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
abbey

Photography as Art

Post by abbey »

Bonnie the dog is beautiful. :-4
SuzyB

Photography as Art

Post by SuzyB »

His work is fantastic, what a clever guy, was that you doing an audtition for an abba tribute band? :sneaky:

The pic with you punching the guy, how did he do that???? Was it two seperate pics that was edited together? :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Uncle Kram

Photography as Art

Post by Uncle Kram »

SuzyB;443516 wrote: His work is fantastic, what a clever guy, was that you doing an audtition for an abba tribute band? :sneaky:

The pic with you punching the guy, how did he do that???? Was it two seperate pics that was edited together? :)

That was me "punching" my son. I assumed the punching stance and my son jumped on a count of 3

SuzyB

Photography as Art

Post by SuzyB »

Uncle Kram;443519 wrote: That was me "punching" my son. I assumed the punching stance and my son jumped on a count of 3

It's really good, i loved the church shot too, i've got a thing about them. I would love to be really artistic, i'm useless at anything like that :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

chonsigirl

Photography as Art

Post by chonsigirl »

There are some amazing photos, he is very talented.............................:)

*I like Bonnie the dog, andt he black and white ones, so nostalgic*
Patsy Warnick

Photography as Art

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Cool Photo's

I'm not sure - I think I like the black & whites better than the color..?

The helicopter & bug shot comparison was cool - @page 6.?

Fuzzdone? - the guy in the water - cool shot showing all the dimensions/depth.

I like the reupholstery building co.- ironic.!!

Thank You

Very Cool Patsy
Ocnbrz

Photography as Art

Post by Ocnbrz »

Excellent photos!!! He has a very keen eye for detail and a great sense of humor as well. :)

At Christmas I no more desire a rose

Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth;

But like of each thing that in season grows. -Shakespeare
RedGlitter

Photography as Art

Post by RedGlitter »

Uncle Kram, I am so impressed with these!!! I mean, really impressed!!!

I'm going to save this link so I can spend more time really looking at them and enjoying them. I only wish I could be that talented and creative.

:)
Uncle Kram

Photography as Art

Post by Uncle Kram »

I've always liked this one. He seems to see artistic potential in everything, even a dead pigeon in his front garden. There are some stunning pics even though I'm biased.

Attached files

RedGlitter

Photography as Art

Post by RedGlitter »

Oh I'd like to have a look at that! I'm sorry Uncle Kram, but there's some glitch in my computer that prevents me from seeing most thumbail attachment on here, I don't know why. Could you post the link for me please?? :)
Uncle Kram

Photography as Art

Post by Uncle Kram »

RedGlitter;443958 wrote: Oh I'd like to have a look at that! I'm sorry Uncle Kram, but there's some glitch in my computer that prevents me from seeing most thumbail attachment on here, I don't know why. Could you post the link for me please?? :)

Here you go Red

RedGlitter

Photography as Art

Post by RedGlitter »

Wow! That is really different! Not at all what I was expecting. I'm sorry for the bird, but it's still a neat photo!

Thanks Uncle Kram, for the link! :)
chocoholic

Photography as Art

Post by chocoholic »

There are some great photos here Uncle Kram, your brother is very talented, -these are my particular favourites and I really love the black&white ones.
Accountable

Photography as Art

Post by Accountable »

These are great, Unc! I'm not normally one to peruse photos; museums aren't my thing. But these! Really truly impressive. Some of the b&w are mesmerising, and the colors - I assume he touches them up somehow? - they look like paintings. :yh_clap :yh_clap
Uncle Kram

Photography as Art

Post by Uncle Kram »

He uses photoshop to work his magic, but you have to have the ideas in the first place I guess. I think the thing that comes across is his love for what he is doing and an ability to see what the rest of us don't. I think he has taken this to an artistic level. I wouldn't normally have a great interest in photography, but I wanted to share this as I find it quite hypnotic.

I believe the unusual black and white pix have an infra-red thing going on but I'm not absolutely sure

Accountable

Photography as Art

Post by Accountable »

Uncle Kram;444044 wrote: He uses photoshop to work his magic, but you have to have the ideas in the first place I guess. I think the thing that comes across is his love for what he is doing and an ability to see what the rest of us don't. I think he has taken this to an artistic level. I wouldn't normally have a great interest in photography, but I wanted to share this as I find it quite hypnotic.

I believe the unusual black and white pix have an infra-red thing going on but I'm not absolutely sure
Exactly! He really has vision.

The b&w have a sepia touch, if I'm not mistaken.
Bez

Photography as Art

Post by Bez »

Kings Heath Park....stunning pictures...my favourites.

I enjoyed looking at your brothers photos Unc....thanks for sharing. He's very talented...runs in the family ..:-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Uncle Kram

Photography as Art

Post by Uncle Kram »

SnoozeControl;444110 wrote: Hey Unc, were you the "Drunken Sailor"? That photo made me laugh out loud. :wah:

No, that's my brother at one of his birthday bashes in his back garden. It is a classic I agree. Oh how we laughed :D

ARgi

Photography as Art

Post by ARgi »

inspirational work. i might steal a few... :sneaky:
G-man

Photography as Art

Post by G-man »

ARgi;444434 wrote: inspirational work. i might steal a few... :sneaky:

You thought she was merely kidding, didn't you? It's not deviantart.com or Corbis, but... don't be too surprised to see them in a signature with her name slapped on it, regardless.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “Photography More”