Who voted today?

chonsigirl

Who voted today?

Post by chonsigirl »

I already walked across the street to vote, who else has voted?
zinkyusa

Who voted today?

Post by zinkyusa »

chonsigirl;452266 wrote: I already walked across the street to vote, who else has voted?

I did, first thing this morning. My message is "Throw the bums out"
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
RedGlitter

Who voted today?

Post by RedGlitter »

I will be voting this afternoon! I never miss it! :D

Hail the Suffragettes! :)
Marie5656

Who voted today?

Post by Marie5656 »

I am going later.

I have a few folks I would like to "fire".
Shweet tatersalad

Who voted today?

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Voting is about choice,And I chose not too vote,I don't complain about the folks in office because once a politician,always a crook.Voting will change nothing in my life,I am a white American married male,I get NO help from the government what so ever.When i die die i will do so penniless and broke.So on election day I don't partake i the fraudulent misconception that you can change things.
Wolverine

Who voted today?

Post by Wolverine »

i can't. i forgot to re-register when i moved.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

guppy

Who voted today?

Post by guppy »

vote for who and what for?:D or should i go and just push some buttons?

Who voted today?

Post by 911 »

I got up early and went to the doc to get some lab work done and then I went to vote.

I figured the doc stuck it to me so I would stick it to someone else! :p

Gosh, I hope it works!! :D
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
YZGI

Who voted today?

Post by YZGI »

zinkyusa;452277 wrote: I did, first thing this morning. My message is "Throw the bums out"
My sentiments exactly!:cool:
Adam Zapple

Who voted today?

Post by Adam Zapple »

Got the kiddies off to school and then voted.
cars

Who voted today?

Post by cars »

ME!:) Horay for me and everyone else who did also! ;)
Cars :)
Galbally

Who voted today?

Post by Galbally »

I tried to vote today in sympathy with my American collegues here, but there were on elections for anything in Ireland today, not even lord mayor of Castlebar, I rang the American embassy in Dublin, but they said I wasn't allowed to vote for U.S. elections and they also told me that there was no such party as the Freelove and Cheese People's Popular Front, what a jip. so instead I went for a drive around and made faces in my rear-view mirror at SUV drivers, it wasn't much but I felt like I had done my bit. ;)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
along-for-the-ride

Who voted today?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I usually do, but I chose not to. The grotesque amount of money that both parties put in those childish TV ads turned me off to all the candidates. The empty promises and the cruel accusations from both sides made me ashamed. Our children watch these ads too and think, "Are these the kind of people running for positions of power in our government to run our country?"

This is just my opinion, and I am proud to be able to express it.:yh_flag
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

I tried, but I'd forgotten to update my address. I guess you & I have yet something else in common, Wovie. :yh_frustr
bigears

Who voted today?

Post by bigears »

hey. vote today?
bigears

Who voted today?

Post by bigears »

Sort of interested question. Is it "the economy stupid2????? or is it really "Iraq-invaion-stupid ?? pls non us ersident types
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

bigears;452866 wrote: Sort of interested question. Is it "the economy stupid2????? or is it really "Iraq-invaion-stupid ?? pls non us ersident types
Huh?
bigears

Who voted today?

Post by bigears »

Sorry acc. Let it put it more succintly.

Non-farmpayrolls have dipped below forecasts this month. Previous month's revisiuons have accounted for this. The US unemployment rate has dropped. Do you think this important? Partiticularly with the mid-tems coming up?
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

I meant about this:

pls non us ersident types
Clint

Who voted today?

Post by Clint »

My only regret is that I only got to vote once.:D I'm too far from Seattle.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Fibonacci

Who voted today?

Post by Fibonacci »

I just barely made it. I got out of work at 6:30. Took me 20 minutes to get to where i needed to be. They were just about to close the doors. Whew!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
chonsigirl

Who voted today?

Post by chonsigirl »

I am watching the state projections, and it is always interesting how they call winners, with 0% of the vote in!
Erinna1112

Who voted today?

Post by Erinna1112 »

If you don't vote, you don't get to bitch about the results. Plain and simple. Yep, I voted. I was surprised at how long I had to wait. At 2:00, I was voter number 473 in my precinct, and I had to wait in a line of four or five people. In my small-ish town, for a mid-term election, that was a traffic jam of epic proportions.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
chonsigirl

Who voted today?

Post by chonsigirl »

Yup, you don't vote, I agree with you about that. Wow, that was great so many turned out in your area for voting!
CARLA

Who voted today?

Post by CARLA »

I voted absentee ballot a few weeks ago it is the best way to vote in my opinion.:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

Our governor got re-elected by a pretty wide margin (no Governor Kinky). :(

Now if anybody wants to drive directly from Oklahoma to Mexico, just be patient while Texas completes the biggest land grab in history to build the highway.
Sheryl

Who voted today?

Post by Sheryl »

Accountable;452931 wrote: Our governor got re-elected by a pretty wide margin (no Governor Kinky). :(

Now if anybody wants to drive directly from Oklahoma to Mexico, just be patient while Texas completes the biggest land grab in history to build the highway.

yep and have to pay tolls to foreign companies. or atleast that's what I heard the plan was.

I voted by the way
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

Looks like the Demicans took back the House. Hopefully the Republicrats will hold the Senate. That way they can spend all their time arguing about exactly how they are going to get more of our money, and how they are going to expand the already bloated gov't, rather than actually doing it.
Chickadee

Who voted today?

Post by Chickadee »

CARLA;452930 wrote: I voted absentee ballot a few weeks ago it is the best way to vote in my opinion.:D

I love to go to the polls and see the people and vote right there. I want to see that ballot go into the machine and have it tell me it's correctly filled-out. I don't care what the weather is, I want to be there and see all of it.

When you vote a few weeks early, are you ever sorry? Would a late-breaking scandal make you wish you could do the vote again?
cherandbuster

Who voted today?

Post by cherandbuster »

Galbally;452752 wrote: I tried to vote today in sympathy with my American collegues here, but there were on elections for anything in Ireland today, not even lord mayor of Castlebar, I rang the American embassy in Dublin, but they said I wasn't allowed to vote for U.S. elections and they also told me that there was no such party as the Freelove and Cheese People's Popular Front, what a jip. so instead I went for a drive around and made faces in my rear-view mirror at SUV drivers, it wasn't much but I felt like I had done my bit. ;)

What a great post :D
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

cherandbuster

Who voted today?

Post by cherandbuster »

Accountable;453017 wrote: Looks like the Demicans took back the House. Hopefully the Republicrats will hold the Senate.

Acc

I was pretty amazed how many Democrats won Senate seats

Isn't it now down to *two* races to see who is going to control the Senate?

I think election time is exciting and I followed all the tight Senate races. I was thrilled to watch election results all last night.

I'm honored to participate in the process.
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Adam Zapple

Who voted today?

Post by Adam Zapple »

Hold on to your wallets. Tax time is going to hit a little harder now.
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

Adam Zapple;453071 wrote: Hold on to your wallets. Tax time is going to hit a little harder now.

Taxes go up

Citizens have less to spend

Retailers lose revenue; order less; may lay off workers

Wholesalers lose revenue; order less; may lay off workers

Manufacturers lose revenue; lay off workers

Unemployment claims go up; increases tax burden

Lower profits results in lower tax revenue

Politicians don't have enough money to run the gov't and fund their pet projects too; raise taxes.

Go to step 1
zinkyusa

Who voted today?

Post by zinkyusa »

Accountable;453091 wrote:

Taxes go up

Citizens have less to spend

Retailers lose revenue; order less; may lay off workers

Wholesalers lose revenue; order less; may lay off workers

Manufacturers lose revenue; lay off workers

Unemployment claims go up; increases tax burden

Lower profits results in lower tax revenue

Politicians don't have enough money to run the gov't and fund their pet projects too; raise taxes.

Go to step 1

Bush still has a veto pen guys and the necessary 40 votes in the Senate to substain it..I think your panic is a bit premature..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
nvalleyvee

Who voted today?

Post by nvalleyvee »

BTS and I both voted. Our House of Representatives was challenged by a political IDIOT child. You should have seen the debate.:-5
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

zinkyusa;453158 wrote: Bush still has a veto pen guys and the necessary 40 votes in the Senate to substain it..I think your panic is a bit premature..
Panic? Hardly. But don't forget that Bush has only used the veto once.
Adam Zapple

Who voted today?

Post by Adam Zapple »

I think Bush has that veto pen on hot standby.
Accountable

Who voted today?

Post by Accountable »

Kathy Ellen;453745 wrote: Yes, I voted on Tues. Even though I might not like the candidates or questions, I try to vote for the lesser of 2 evils. I think the NJ voters sent a message to President Bush...Dems won! I'm sure that he was not a happy camper.
http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... p?p=451110

Nice to meet you Kathy! :-6

Click the link & check out post 17.
Erinna1112

Who voted today?

Post by Erinna1112 »

I'd vote for no one before I'd vote for the "lesser of two evils" - which, by definition, is still evil. Maybe it doesn't change the outcome, but that's not the point. Voting my conscience has always been my method of choosing, and if no one aligns with my values, no one gets my vote. But I will have preserved my integrity. Not to mention my right to whinge about the outcome ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
nvalleyvee

Who voted today?

Post by nvalleyvee »

I SOOOO voted..................it is going to be at least 4-5 days to know the outcome of the race between them......... I want Heather Wilson to win.

If any clear thinking person in NM had lstened or saw the debate they would have known a vote for Madrid would have been an IDIOT VOTE.

I worked in the environment for over 15 years and this bitch gave way to environmental pollution.............she helped make way for her friends and compadres in government. I worked against her and won several times.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Current Events”