no wonder i'm freezing!

A forum to discuss local issues in WV, VA, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, AR, LA, FL
lady cop

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by lady cop »

i just bought some gas for heat yesterday....and i have 2 bathrobes and wooly socks on! i am not used to this! what's it doing where you are for turkey day?

Snow Reported In Central Florida:eek:

POSTED: 4:19 pm EST November 21, 2006

UPDATED: 10:37 pm EST November 21, 2006

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Snow flurries were reported in Seminole, Orange, and Volusia Counties Tuesday night. We even saw some snow at Channel 9's Orlando studios.

The last time it snowed in Central Florida was reportedly January 24, 2003. Before that, it hadn't snowed since 1989.

A blast of cold air is moving into the state this week, state emergency officials said.

Wind chills may drop into the 20s in parts of north Florida and high temperatures may only reach the 60s as far south as the Keys on Wednesday, state meteorologist Ben Nelson said.

Miami wasn't expected to even hit 70 on Wednesday, and low temperatures were expected to dive into the mid-40s.

A developing storm out at sea off of Florida's east coast is driving cold air southward into the state, which resulted in freeze watches for several locations in the Panhandle earlier this week.

Nelson said wind chills could be in the 30s even in Central Florida on several nights this week and reminded Florida residents to protect themselves, their plants, their pets and their pipes.

The cold weather is expected to last through Thanksgiving, but by the end of the week warmer temperatures were forecast to return. By Sunday, the high in Miami is expected to be 81.
guppy

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by guppy »

It's been sleeting here off and on all night. i am staying close to the fireplace. this just isn't right i tell ya. we are used ot shorts and flip flops way up untill after thanksgiving....bbbbbrrrrrrrrr. omg! lc if you get snow and i dont i am going to be soooooooo jealous.
RedGlitter

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by RedGlitter »

I don't know the temp right now but at close to midnight it was fairly warm outside as I was leaving Walmart. I had on a summer top and jean capris and wasn't at all cold. It probably won't get cold until late December-January.
Accountable

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Accountable »

Forcast for San Antonio calls for temps near 80 tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrrrr :)
AussiePam

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by AussiePam »

Weird you should be getting that too. We had snow last week. Unbelievable at this time of year here. And in Florida and Georgia??!! Global warming???? Back to century heat here yesterday and today though.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by chonsigirl »

Low of 29 last night, but on turkey day they say it might hit 50.
Elvira

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Elvira »

I'm freezing at night at the moment too! My BF is abroad, so I'm sleeping on my own again! Need a fella to get in first and warm it up for me!
zinkyusa

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by zinkyusa »

we had a nasty wind storm here and lost power..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Mustang

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Mustang »

In the mountains of PA, woke up to 15º this morning with a heavy frost. Sun is peaking out right now and the forecast for the next several days is calling for temperatures in the low 50's with chilly nights.
Bez

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Bez »

Accountable;466304 wrote: Forcast for San Antonio calls for temps near 80 tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrrrr :)

..:yh_rotfl

It's about 10 degrees here....damp, windy, grey and miserable....:-6

I've been going to bed early under a mountain of bed clothes 'cos my flats not very warm....:-1
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Bez »

The weather's going topsy turvy.............

http://www.greenpeace.org/international ... e-our-eyes
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Marie5656

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Marie5656 »

We have had cold nights here, for the last few. The other day there was some snowfall. BUT, the rest of this week will be a heat wave..in the 50's. I think saturday will get up into the 60's.

I will be down in Florida for a week next November, so you all better have some nice weather for us.
chonsigirl

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by chonsigirl »

Take your thermals to be sure, Marie..................................:)
Marie5656

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Marie5656 »

chonsigirl;466416 wrote: Take your thermals to be sure, Marie..................................:)

Awww..geesh. Wanted to leave them home. :(
chonsigirl

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by chonsigirl »

I know, I hate them. I have been wearing mine for two weeks already, this is going to be a bad winter...............................:(
minks

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by minks »

lady cop;466199 wrote: i just bought some gas for heat yesterday....and i have 2 bathrobes and wooly socks on! i am not used to this! what's it doing where you are for turkey day?

Snow Reported In Central Florida:eek:

POSTED: 4:19 pm EST November 21, 2006

UPDATED: 10:37 pm EST November 21, 2006

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Snow flurries were reported in Seminole, Orange, and Volusia Counties Tuesday night. We even saw some snow at Channel 9's Orlando studios.

The last time it snowed in Central Florida was reportedly January 24, 2003. Before that, it hadn't snowed since 1989.

A blast of cold air is moving into the state this week, state emergency officials said.

Wind chills may drop into the 20s in parts of north Florida and high temperatures may only reach the 60s as far south as the Keys on Wednesday, state meteorologist Ben Nelson said.

Miami wasn't expected to even hit 70 on Wednesday, and low temperatures were expected to dive into the mid-40s.

A developing storm out at sea off of Florida's east coast is driving cold air southward into the state, which resulted in freeze watches for several locations in the Panhandle earlier this week.

Nelson said wind chills could be in the 30s even in Central Florida on several nights this week and reminded Florida residents to protect themselves, their plants, their pets and their pipes.

The cold weather is expected to last through Thanksgiving, but by the end of the week warmer temperatures were forecast to return. By Sunday, the high in Miami is expected to be 81.

Nudge nudge, we are to hit -21C today :(

Keep warm girl, I will be thinking about ya.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by lady cop »

you're used to it...you...you... CANADIAN!! :p
minks

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by minks »

lady cop;466453 wrote: you're used to it...you...you... CANADIAN!! :p

yeah and crazy for living here ahahaha

― Mae West
CARLA

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by CARLA »

We have been have a heatwave temp in the 80's and 90's all week, finally cooled off a bit today.:-6 :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

minks

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by minks »

CARLA;466468 wrote: We have been have a heatwave temp in the 80's and 90's all week, finally cooled off a bit today.:-6 :-6

can I come live with you???

― Mae West
cherandbuster

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by cherandbuster »

On Turkey Day, Boston will be hit by a major rain and windstorm expected to last all day and into the night. :(

I'll have to console myself with massive eating and drinking :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by chonsigirl »

Yup, Cher is going to get it tomorrow-lots of turkey!:)
guppy

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by guppy »

cherandbuster;466561 wrote: On Turkey Day, Boston will be hit by a major rain and windstorm expected to last all day and into the night. :(

I'll have to console myself with massive eating and drinking :p

i know it's tough ,but i bet you can do it. :wah:
cherandbuster

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by cherandbuster »

guppy;466568 wrote: i know it's tough ,but i bet you can do it. :wah:

You bet I can :)

That's why Thanksgiving is the BEST holiday :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

lady cop

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by lady cop »

minks;466553 wrote: can I come live with you???you don't want to come to florida and go to the beach in a wool coat?? :-6
guppy

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by guppy »

lady cop;466579 wrote: you don't want to come to florida and go to the beach in a wool coat?? :-6

This is a shock to both our systems isn't lc? i live right above you in georgia. not used ot this kind of cold untill january or so.

think it might snow this year? except for the freak snowstorm that year, we haven't got any snow that stayed on the ground since 1989. it snowed xmas eve. got up to four inches on the ground.
Sheryl

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Sheryl »

It's sunny and no wind (for once) and supposed to stay this way for awhile. :(

I want snow!!!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Insomniac

no wonder i'm freezing!

Post by Insomniac »

Here I am lovin' the cool, dry sunny days! I LOVE South Florida winters, I could love this weather for at least 9 months a year! Lived in Tallahassee one winter, thought I would die!! That's way to cold for me.
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Return to “South East”