Out of body experiences

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Out of body experiences

Post by koan »

AKA astral travel. I've done it but never how the books say it is supposed to happen. Has anyone else ever had an OBE?
Raven

Out of body experiences

Post by Raven »

My husband says I did. At the same time I was looking and focusing intensely on a photo of him, he says I came to him and kissed him. He also says I told him my 'real' name. He was asleep when this occured, but it was so intense and real of an experience, it startled him awake and made him sit bolt upright! This occured while I was in the states and he was in britain. Dont know what it means, but there you are. :-3
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
koan

Out of body experiences

Post by koan »

IMO it is most common for OBEs to happen between two lovers when one thinks of the other and focuses on them they "travel" to where that person is and can be sensed by the other. If both respond to the experience, the visitee realizes they are sensing the visitor than communication can occur. It must have been a powerful focus to wake him up like that!

It is not as easily recognized as an OBE because you go directly there and skip the journey part. It is very similar to "remote viewing" in this way.
kensloft

Out of body experiences

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: IMO it is most common for OBEs to happen between two lovers when one thinks of the other and focuses on them they "travel" to where that person is and can be sensed by the other. If both respond to the experience, the visitee realizes they are sensing the visitor than communication can occur. It must have been a powerful focus to wake him up like that!

It is not as easily recognized as an OBE because you go directly there and skip the journey part. It is very similar to "remote viewing" in this way.

I've had a few obes but it is something that everyone can do if they focus on it. Many dream experiences are actual obes but people not understanding what is happening relegate it to just a dream. Feeling like you are bouncing in a dream is one way to begin to realize that you should start looking to where you want to go.
alobar51

Out of body experiences

Post by alobar51 »

koan;14589 wrote: AKA astral travel. I've done it but never how the books say it is supposed to happen. Has anyone else ever had an OBE?

Had them frequently in early childhood. Never left the room, however, so don't know if they could be classified as true OBE's. Would float around the ceiling, observing my body below. Always felt some dsort of umbilical cord tethering me to my body.

In later life, found I could recreate those exoeriences throught endurance activities, such as maraton running.

Return to “Magic Mystery”