2 little boys missing--Minn.

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:-1 Oh, let us know, LC, if you hear something.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

We had a mountain lion grab a 4 yr old from his back yard IN IOWA! this was last year and the child lost a limb I believe, but lived--but if an animal is hungry enough -wouldn't they attack? Is it bear country--(don't laugh I am not sure of where they are) :-2

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

mominiowa;469952 wrote: We had a mountain lion grab a 4 yr old from his back yard IN IOWA! this was last year and the child lost a limb I believe, but lived--but if an animal is hungry enough -wouldn't they attack? Is it bear country--(don't laugh I am not sure of where they are) :-2

(I hate to think about such things, but --

A bear would have more than like not taken the children anywhere like that of a pack of wolves or a mountain lion(carrying them off), therefore I believe that the search dogs would have found them if they were anywhere nearby(I believe, Could be wrong)...

To be honest, to have no evidence whats so ever, and for the dogs to not pick up a trail is rather suspicious to me, but who knows...

I am at the point where I almost am hoping that they were picked up by someone, as being left out in the cold for this long would not be good at all.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

no animal grabbed both those kids at once.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

lady cop;469958 wrote: no animal grabbed both those kids at once.

It just sounds weird to me...

Am I the only one who finds that a 2 and 4 year old kid just vanishes without a trace in a relatively remote area suspicious?

I've been thinking about this and none of it adds up...

Even if they got for miles(which wouldnt have been the case given such terrain) they would have surely found them by now. People could comb that place for miles upon miles, forrest or no forrest. Don't make sense.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Sounds a lil crazy to me too---is there a split family?

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
SAR CO

Post by SAR CO »

I found this thread to loose track of the subject matter quite often.

I am a search and rescue volunteer. I have been trained for that purpose, as well as being trained in search management. We learn about the psychology of the lost person. Small childeren do not know they are lost. They will scream at the sight of a mean dog (wolves included). There are formulas that will give an estimated range of travel in a time period.

The PLS (Point last seen) has been contaminated by all the law enforcement, family and anyboby that shows up to lend support.

The fact that the FBI has been brought in tells me that there is cause for criminal concern. Also, the last of information given to the public is a sign that something is not right.
SAR CO

Post by SAR CO »

I found this thread to loose track of the subject matter quite often.

I am a search and rescue volunteer. I have been trained for that purpose, as well as being trained in search management. We learn about the psychology of the lost person. Small childeren do not know they are lost. They will scream at the sight of a mean dog (wolves included). There are formulas that will give an estimated range of travel in a time period.

The PLS (Point last seen) has been contaminated by all the law enforcement, family and anyboby that shows up to lend support.

The fact that the FBI has been brought in tells me that there is cause for criminal concern. Also, the last of information given to the public is a sign that something is not right.

Ricky Holland story
valerie

Post by valerie »

K, wolves would be extremely unlikely to go that close to human

habitation. Bears or mountain lions, maybe.

There has never been a documented case of a healthy (non-rabid)

wolf attack on a human being in North America.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Welcome SAR CO your post is very informative. The FBI being brought in means they are looking at members of the Family?? I just find it odd that there isn't one track, trail, piece of clothing NOTHING for them to go from in the surronding area. I'm beginning to wonder if they were even there when they went missing. :confused: Either way it doesn't look good for those sweet little boys. :(

[QUOTE]I found this thread to loose track of the subject matter quite often.

The fact that the FBI has been brought in tells me that there is cause for criminal concern. Also, the last of information given to the public is a sign that something is not right.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

FBI halts ground search for missing Minnesota boys -
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

valerie;469969 wrote: K, wolves would be extremely unlikely to go that close to human

habitation. Bears or mountain lions, maybe.

There has never been a documented case of a healthy (non-rabid)

wolf attack on a human being in North America.

Oh ok...

Well,..I seen a pack of wolves eat, and I have to say, I never seen such bad etiquette in my life. :wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I'm thinking one of the other fathers should be looked at. I know that should be one of the first things to come to mind, but for it to take this long is uncharacteristic from what I've seen.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

night 6. :(
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I'm not sure they were ever at the house and wandered off at this point, nothing makes sense. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:( Oh, this is so sad. The longer it is, the less likely a happy ending.:-1
guppy

Post by guppy »

CARLA;470790 wrote: I'm not sure they were ever at the house and wandered off at this point, nothing makes sense. :(

something is not right about the whole thing is it? so many mothers have cried kidnap when they turn out to have killed them theirselves that i wander did the mom do something with them......:confused:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

K.Snyder;470490 wrote: I'm thinking one of the other fathers should be looked at. I know that should be one of the first things to come to mind, but for it to take this long is uncharacteristic from what I've seen.we don't know what the police have looked at....missing kids 101, all parents are polygraphed. not made public yet. they're playing it very close to the vest.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm always scared to check this thread; yet I'm drawn to it. There's less and less hope with each passing day. It's just sad. :-1
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Peg;470846 wrote: I'm always scared to check this thread; yet I'm drawn to it. There's less and less hope with each passing day. It's just sad. :-1

Me too, I hate to see these stories, especially as time goes by....it seems as if there is foul play...and it just breaks my heart....but I keep on checking to see if there is any happy news??
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

FBI believes missing boys aren't with family

November 28, 2006 – 12:32 PM

There still is no sign of two young brothers missing from the Red Lake Reservation, and an FBI spokesman said the agency has pursued 200 leads....night 7 approaches.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

WHERE ARE THESE CHILDREN????:confused: i can't find anything online about progress in case.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

What does that tell you??? Something is rotten in Denmark...:(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i have NEVER seen such a high-profile case that didn't have leaks in the investigation, especially with local, state and FBI involved.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

What does that mean, LC? That they might have an idea?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

chonsigirl;474154 wrote: What does that mean, LC? That they might have an idea?they MUST have some ideas or clues or tips, or polygraphs of people...but not one word has come out. those kids didn't just vanish off the face of the earth.
rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Having spent time on a reservation as a child, and also living in Minnesota and having gone up to Red Lake in the summer I felt compelled to reply on this thread.

First of all... reservations are quite different then the average American town. Their is a strong sense of community and even if the parents aren't watching the children, someone else usually is. I'm not saying that I agree with letting 2 and 4 year olds run wild (which YES I was allowed to do when I was little) - but I'm fearful of what occurs around me because I live in a large city here in Minnesota and hear about the crimes against children daily (not always the case for people who live on reservations). I believe a reservation can give the people a FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY. I don't blame them for this... it is no different than living in a small town and leaving your doors unlocked. On a reservation you feel as if nothing bad can happen, and that was just my perception . Even here on the Mdewakanton reservation, everyone knows everyone.

I think it is completely unfair that people are jumping to judge this mother when they don't know her community or the area in which she lives. Is it possible to kidnap a child up on redlake reservation? ABSOLUTELY! Yes, there are bears in the area... I was up near redlake this summer and a relative who lives near the area complained about how social the bears have become. There are also numerous lakes up there… not to count Red Lake alone (being quite large). But there are hundreds of lakes in the area and the last I heard on our local news that is where the investigation has turned. They were combing area lakes. And 2 year olds can wander VERY FAR AWAY. My sister was 3 when she wandered away from the babysitters yard and was found more than a mile away. So yes, it can happen.

I’m not saying the mother or someone else the mother is familiar with isn’t responsible for the disappearance of these children. I just think it is completely unfair of people who don’t know the area, the people, the culture, or the community to sit in judgement. And as far as investigating the family… apparently the FBI is focusing on the family also which is common for them to do in these types of cases (according to Channel 4 news).
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I just wish we would her something, anything about these two beautiful boys. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Its true, the information coming off the reservation has fallen silent. I was thinking of sending an email to our local news stations to get an update (which sometimes works). Redlake Reservation is a very isolated community compared to most of the reservations in this state. As I understand they are the only ones here in Minnesota that govern themselves and they have 100% complete ownership of their land, unlike other reservations here.

I know when the shooting happened there it was pretty much the same. The tribal members wouldn't allow the news on the property most of the time. And the members their aren't very welcoming to outsiders so I'm guessing that unless the boys are found and a report comes from the FBI we probably won't hear much more. :(
teramiabullfrog

Post by teramiabullfrog »

last thread regarding these two missing seems to be 12/6, anything new since then? and don't forget about the thousands of other unsolved missing cases that have gone on for months, years.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

No new information, in fact I would say it has gone silent in the press..:-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

After the winter thaw the boys were found in a small lake.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

This is such sad news...I'm so sorry to see this....wonder if they found who did it???

Such sad news all around us lately....:-1
minks

Post by minks »

WonderWendy3;595561 wrote: This is such sad news...I'm so sorry to see this....wonder if they found who did it???

Such sad news all around us lately....:-1

how heartbreaking :-1
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

The authorities believe the kids wandered away from the home and fell in the lake and drown but they were still investigating it.

Return to “Missing Children”