Not so much of an introduction...

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

...but I'm back from my adventures and good it is to be here too :D I've been gone that long that I thought I'd say a quick hello to everyone - looking forward to catching up with familiar faces and getting to know the new ones! Hurrah! :-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

It is nice to see you!:)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

:yh_dance Yaaayyyy Majenta's Back! :yh_dance
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Well, if Chonsi & Accountable are glad to see you....so'm I! Would you like to say more about those "adventures," or are they secret? ;)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Hello, nice to meet you.
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Accountable;489155 wrote: :yh_dance Yaaayyyy Majenta's Back! :yh_dance

:yh_hugs Nice to see you, AC!!
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Lulu2;489158 wrote: Well, if Chonsi & Accountable are glad to see you....so'm I! Would you like to say more about those "adventures," or are they secret? ;)

Haha, nothing subversive I'm afraid! I've spent some time in Central America doing some charity work and general travelling, having an amazing time :) The money inevitably ran out though so I've had to come back to the real world and get a job, boo!
abbey

Post by abbey »

My, you've been away with them fairies a long time!

Welcome back Maj, good to see you x
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Ah..Majenta! I'm fond of Costa Rica & Guatemala! Where were you?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

hello, nice to meet you!!!!!!!!:D :D
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Nice to meet you!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Hiya Maj :)

Buster and I are enjoying meeting you :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

So give us the scoop! Where've you been? What've you done? Who have you seen? Or you can switch the what and who, if you wish. :sneaky:
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Haha, AC you're shameless as ever :sneaky:

well, hard to know where to start! but, in a nutshell... I've been living with subsistence farmers and installing water systems in remotest Nicaragua, building nature trails through the jungle in Costa Rica, drinking tequila with some very generous (and very drunk) Costa Rican men, working with leatherback turtle conservation programmes on the Caribbean, trekking up and down mountains, through rivers and jungle, horseback riding through cloud forests, learning a lot of rude Spanish words, singing Latin folk songs with elderly Panamanias, and failing miserably to learn to surf! phew!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Majenta;489830 wrote: Haha, AC you're shameless as ever :sneaky:

well, hard to know where to start! but, in a nutshell... I've been living with subsistence farmers and installing water systems in remotest Nicaragua, building nature trails through the jungle in Costa Rica, drinking tequila with some very generous (and very drunk) Costa Rican men, working with leatherback turtle conservation programmes on the Caribbean, trekking up and down mountains, through rivers and jungle, horseback riding through cloud forests, learning a lot of rude Spanish words, singing Latin folk songs with elderly Panamanias, and failing miserably to learn to surf! phew!

Hahaha wow you sure have been busy, sounds like so much fun (he says in a very jealous tone!) :wah:

Anyways good to have you back Majenta! :)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

What's a cloud forest?
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Perhaps this will help AC.

http://www.cloudforestalive.org/
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Way cool! :yh_clap

Thanks Chris.

I anyone's curious, Majenta's photo is on this page:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... 69&page=25
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

No problem, glad to help. :)

Certainly is an interesting read wasn't it. Makes me just want to be able to travel around places across the world even more after seeing that!
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

chrisb84uk;489909 wrote: Perhaps this will help AC.

http://www.cloudforestalive.org/

That was one of the exact places we went through! So beautiful :)
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I bet, must have been so wonderful to have been up close and see and do all of those things Don't suppose you took any pics??
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Haha, hundreds! I'll upload a few later!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I'll look forward to seeing them later then! :)
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Majenta, after seeing your lovely, Julia Roberts-ish smile, I see why Accountable's so DELIGHTED to have you back!

I'm envious of your time in Costa Rica--what a gorgeous area that is! In one day you can go from sea to cloud forest to volcanos! Did you love the food? I thought the Costa Ricans have one of the healthiest diets I've experienced.

And the flowers! :-6 Undescribable!

So--what do you do, back in the "real world?"
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Lulu2;490101 wrote: Majenta, after seeing your lovely, Julia Roberts-ish smile, I see why Accountable's so DELIGHTED to have you back!

I'm envious of your time in Costa Rica--what a gorgeous area that is! In one day you can go from sea to cloud forest to volcanos! Did you love the food? I thought the Costa Ricans have one of the healthiest diets I've experienced.

And the flowers! :-6 Undescribable!

So--what do you do, back in the "real world?"

Isn't it the best place in the world! and the people were amazing, so friendly. I LOVED the food - some people I was with said it was really bland but I couldn't get enough of it- esp the fried plantain and amazing cakes!! so good! What did you do out there?

In the real world I'm working for a company that provides psychological testing in clinical trials - very interesting area of work! Though, considering going back to university to do a masters - I'm too much of a geek!

Hmmm, am having trouble uploading photos - internet being very temperamental at the mo! will try again in a bit...
caesar777

Post by caesar777 »

I'm new so you won't know me.

Welcome back.

Return to “Introductions”