A Very-Shy-Noob

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
akkebono

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by akkebono »

Hello,

This is the first day I post on these forums, although I registered quite a long time ago. - I was so shy ... 'cause I am not an English native speaker. And well, I was just a little bit afraid there would appear some problems regarding my communication with the regulars on these forums who - as I already know - come mostly from England & the U.S. ... Thou know, probably a vast amount of nuance and subtext will be lost while communicating with me in English. I just face this fact. But I like English very much, I still keep on learning it - I'd even say it is definitely my favourite language, and that's why I finally decided to write something in order to check whether those who are fluent speakers of English understand what I say. And... yes, that's all for now.

I enclose my best regards, and: "Merry Christmas everyone".
Accountable

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by Accountable »

The Akkebono I used to watch on TV was pretty quiet, too. Welcome! :-6

How many Yokozuna are there now?
akkebono

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by akkebono »

Hamster;492824 wrote: Hello and welcome to FG! Your grasp of English is much better than my grasp of other languages so give your self a pat on the back! :-6

Can I ask where you are from?

You are really very, very nice. Thank you.

Of course you can - It's a bit complicated, though. - I am a native German. However, now, due to my parents job, I live in Cracow, South Poland.

By the way, may I ask you a question? Is it possible to upload my own avatar in here? Or there's no such option?
akkebono

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by akkebono »

Accountable;492851 wrote: The Akkebono I used to watch on TV was pretty quiet, too. Welcome! :-6

How many Yokozuna are there now?

Well, it's a random nick. I don't think it says a lot about my real personality. To be honest, I'm rather similar to Totoro ;) *Akkebono* just sounds better, in my opinion - and that's why I chose this one.

As for Yokozuna. They are legion :)
RedGlitter

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by RedGlitter »

akkebono;492869 wrote: You are really very, very nice. Thank you.

Of course you can - It's a bit complicated, though. - I am a native German. However, now, due to my parents job, I live in Cracow, South Poland.

By the way, may I ask you a question? Is it possible to upload my own avatar in here? Or there's no such option?

Hi Akkebono! Welcome!!

Please don't worry about posting here. We have people from all over and we're always learning about the little differences in our languages. It makes for good conversation! :) I look forward to reading more from you!

In order to use an avatar of your choice, you have to become a Supporting (Paying) Member but there are a lot of avatars you can choose from on a free account. Go to "My Settings" near the top of your page, click on "Edit Avatar" on the left side of page, new page will have avatars to choose from in the Avatar Catagory.

It's nice to meet you! :)
WonderWendy3

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Welcome to the Garden!! I understood every word!! I am from the US and didn't have a problem, and like others have already said, there are many from all around. I've only been here a few months, was shy at first as well. I have learned alot just from reading...

Keep posting, and have fun!!

Merry Christmas to you too!!
caesar777

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by caesar777 »

Welcome, your english is much better than my german or polish. You'll do fine on here.
akkebono

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by akkebono »

RedGlitter;492889 wrote: Hi Akkebono! Welcome!!

Please don't worry about posting here. We have people from all over and we're always learning about the little differences in our languages. It makes for good conversation! :) I look forward to reading more from you!

In order to use an avatar of your choice, you have to become a Supporting (Paying) Member but there are a lot of avatars you can choose from on a free account. Go to "My Settings" near the top of your page, click on "Edit Avatar" on the left side of page, new page will have avatars to choose from in the Avatar Catagory.

It's nice to meet you! :)

It's nice to meet you too.

I asked about the avatar 'cause while registering I did have an impression there was no possibility of uploading an avatar of my choice. Then I looked at someone's profile and saw an avatar which obviously was the avatar of her choice. - That's why I got a bit confused and decided to ask 'bout it.

So... I'll be *a candle*. Not necessarily *in the wind* :) Please, close the window ;)
Imladris

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by Imladris »

Welcome, don't be shy, we are mostly a very friendly bunch and will be willing to help you practice your English. (but if you're using words like nuance you're doing OK!!)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
RedGlitter

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by RedGlitter »

I like the candle! That's a good choice. :)
spot

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by spot »

Dein Englisch ist sehr fließend, akkebono. Ich hoffe daß sprechend mit uns erfreulich ist. Willkommen zu ForumGarden.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Majenta

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by Majenta »

akkebono;492817 wrote: Hello,

This is the first day I post on these forums, although I registered quite a long time ago. - I was so shy ... 'cause I am not an English native speaker. And well, I was just a little bit afraid there would appear some problems regarding my communication with the regulars on these forums who - as I already know - come mostly from England & the U.S. ... Thou know, probably a vast amount of nuance and subtext will be lost while communicating with me in English. I just face this fact. But I like English very much, I still keep on learning it - I'd even say it is definitely my favourite language, and that's why I finally decided to write something in order to check whether those who are fluent speakers of English understand what I say. And... yes, that's all for now.

I enclose my best regards, and: "Merry Christmas everyone".

Cripes, your English is better than mine! I feel humbled...

Don't think you'll have any problems here! Welcome to the garden :wah:
gmc

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by gmc »

You put us all to shame. I wouldn't worry about the nuances, we have enough fun with uk and us cultural differnces as it is.
Insomniac

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by Insomniac »

Hi Akkebono. I think you did very well! Much better than I could ever do if English were not my native language! I don't post much, being a bit shy myself, but I just wanted to add my greetings!
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
cars

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by cars »

Welcome Akk! :)
Cars :)
chrisb84uk

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by chrisb84uk »

Welcome to FG Akkebono, glad you can be with us!! :-6
guppy

A Very-Shy-Noob

Post by guppy »

Welcome to the garden Akk.i am the resident fish in the garden pond.....:wah:

i hope you enjoy your stay here...may it be long and full of fun, laughter, and friends......:-6

guppy

Return to “Introductions”