The term Brother

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
BabyRider

The term Brother

Post by BabyRider »

This was written by a biker, and gives a clue to what using this word means to some. Give it a read and an open mind, and if you ever have the urge to call someone "Brother" remember this:

Ya know I hear the word Brother being used a lot,

Just cause you ride on two wheels you think you're hot.

You call me your Brother, well no, you're not

You ain't my Brother, to me you ain't squat.

Let me tell you about my Brothers and what I got:

They help me get thru my daily strife,

If I get into a fray, they'll even take a knife

Cause I have Brothers who will give their life

I don't think you could

I don't even think you should

But I know my Brothers would

You wont even ride unless your clothes matches

Wearing that vest with them store bought patches

You think you're cool cause you wear black,

Yea wear that vest, see if you don't get a smack

Brothers take it serious, the patches on our back

You think you're tough cause you have names like Wheels and Dozer

You didn't earn those names, You're just a poser

My Brothers have names they earned on the road,

Johnny Two Guns got his cause of the life he sowed

He's in jail now, but he has Brothers that help him carry the load

So next time you call someone Brother

You better make sure you understand

what it means to another

Or you just may find yourself six feet under
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Uncle Kram

The term Brother

Post by Uncle Kram »

Although I was only trying to be friendly, a guy I once called "Brother" went crazy. It seemed a disproportionate response to a well meant term of endearment. Fortunately, I finally managed to calm him down when I pointed out that we had the same parents.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
BabyRider

The term Brother

Post by BabyRider »

Uncle Kram;493821 wrote: Although I was only trying to be friendly, a guy I once called "Brother" went crazy. It seemed a disproportionate response to a well meant term of endearment. Fortunately, I finally managed to calm him down when I pointed out that we had the same parents.
Unc, cracking jokes like THAT...I can understand why he went ape!!! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

The term Brother

Post by BabyRider »

jesse b;493817 wrote: there are few i call brother im not a biker more a uk cowboy got the truck ..

ang i agree with all the poem said
Jesse, I'd have no idea what the practice is for this sort of thing in your country. Out of curiosity, who would you call brother that is not an actual brother?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

CARLA

The term Brother

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl Had me there for a minute..

[QUOTE]Although I was only trying to be friendly, a guy I once called "Brother" went crazy. It seemed a disproportionate response to a well meant term of endearment. Fortunately, I finally managed to calm him down when I pointed out that we had the same parents.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

venus

The term Brother

Post by venus »

Unc you are terrible!!:wah:
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Spike101

The term Brother

Post by Spike101 »

In the circles I travel in, the term "Brother" is much more than a word.It carries a great deal of weight and responsibility. It means commitment without question. It is a word that is tossed around way too often by many without any real understanding of what it stands for in biker culture. Many folks dont understand what the fuss is all about when they approach a patch holder, call him brother and get a negative reaction. They think he has a problem. The truth is that the PH isnt the one with the problem. It's his culture...actually, more of a subculture to be more accurate. The other guy has unwittingly entered HIS "world" without doing the proper homework. The same could be said for anyone who travels anywhere and interacts with people without gaining a basic understanding of their traditions, customs, and protocols...
BabyRider

The term Brother

Post by BabyRider »

Spike, thanks for your input on this. I've had instances where I was asked a question about something like this and I have to tell them, "I could give you a definition and take a shot at an explanation, but it would make a LOT more sense coming from a Brother or a PH." And.......YEP, it sure does! I appreciate you taking a minute on this one.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Return to “Biker Forum”