PMS pain

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Dizz

PMS pain

Post by Dizz »

I don't know about you, but when I'm having PMS, I have bad cramping. It got better when I found an herbal meant for menapause. It's black cohosh. Anyway, I don't think many people know about it and it's worth a look and a talk to your doctor. I hope you have a merry xmas!

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/blackcohosh/

Here's a government site with info.

:o
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
Marie5656

PMS pain

Post by Marie5656 »

Dizz, I have heard of it for this use.. I am lucky as in recent years, I have not had alot of cramping and such. Just a bit bloaty and out of sorts.
Patsy Warnick

PMS pain

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tried it and everything else on the market be natural or otherwise.

Ended up with a hysterectomy by 38.

Hope the pain doesn't ruin your holidays.

Patsy
tedhutchinson

PMS pain

Post by tedhutchinson »

Calcium and vitamin D intake and risk of incident premenstrual syndrome. Shows a high intake of vitamin D3 and Calcium produced less PMS.

The high dietary calcium intake in the amount of 1336 mg per day was found to benefit mood, behavior, pain and water retention symptoms significantly during the menstrual cycle.

calcium: foodsources

The Vitamin D council has links to the cheapest sources of High Strength Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol.

We concluded that modified-release magnesium was effective in reducing premenstrual symptoms in women with PMS in this preliminary study.

There is a very complex interrelation involved in the uptake and metabolism of these three substances each affects the uptake of the other. While it is easy to get sufficient Calcium from foodsources if you like cheese and yoghurts, many people don't get sufficient magnesium as it is easily lost if boiling veg in water (it's water soluble) and many people don't eat sufficient veg. Trying to get people to eat five a day is an uphill struggle and the average consumption in the UK is around 3 fruit/veg portions a day. Magnesium Chlorate is a cheap way of improving your magnesium status a jugful in the bath will be absorbed through your skin or dissolve 50g in 150ml of water and take a teaspoonful with your meals or a drink.

Anyone living above latitude 40°N will need to use Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 Supplements to get sufficient Vitamin d3 during the Winter and people who use sunscreen will also need to supplement during the Summer as well. The body uses between 3000 & 5000iu a day so an average of 4000iu daily is a sensible amount to aim for in the Winter if you aim to avoid either PMS or Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Patsy Warnick

PMS pain

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Been There - and my pain seem to increase in time, it took a good year for Doctor's to believe me that something was wrong - all DR's did was push a pill - remedy of something new etc.. Have you had any tests ? - Pap - Ultra Sounds ?

You shouldn't be in severe pain - get checked.

Patsy
tedhutchinson

PMS pain

Post by tedhutchinson »

Magenta flame;496065 wrote: Had every single test under the sun and they say everything is normal.Have you had your vitamin d status checked?

I appreciate that sunshine is available for Vitamin D synthesis every day of the year in Australia but you also have a very aggressive Sunsmart Policy which puts the dangers of skin cancers ahead of those 17 other cancers which occur less often (average 29% reduction) in those with a high vitamin d status achieved by limited regular skin exposure to sunshine.

In the UK the death toll for those 17 cancers (Breast, prostate, colon etc) that are increased by low vitamin d status outstrip those promoted by sunBURN by a factor of 30 to 1.

However This research shows some Australian people do have lower than ideal status of vitamin d3 and it would be worth supplementing in winter and ensuring limited (no more the 20mins) regular exposure of skin (without sunscreen) during the summer.
Dizz

PMS pain

Post by Dizz »

It really helps. I wanted to share it with other people. I take about 2 pills a day during the pain. It's much better since I started doing that.
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl

Return to “Women's Health”