On sharks

zinkyusa

On sharks

Post by zinkyusa »

Lulu2;477865 wrote: Why does it so often come down to "my child vs. the animals?"

It's silly, really. How often does that really happen?

MOST people understand that we'll do whatever's necessary at the time to save our child and our animal companions.

Most people understand that animals are as important as humans, when we can save them. MOST people understnd that animals are as important as we are, given the choice.

MOST people understand that it's not an "us or them" decision...

Actually the point I was trying to make had nothing to do with "my child vs the animal." It was about emphazing with parents and understanding how there might be a lack of rational response by people if a child is harmed by an animal. The comment about a kid being stupid enough to get bitten by an animal was insensitive to parents. My point was to emphasize it is difficult to be rational sometimes if it is your kid that has been attacked. In my little pea brain no animal is or ever will be as important TO ME as my kids and I do love animals.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
RedGlitter

On sharks

Post by RedGlitter »

How come one side is activism and the other viewpoint is....just that? :)

There's a point in there somewhere.
BabyRider

On sharks

Post by BabyRider »

I know the thread has moved past the original point, but I wasn't here for it so you caan all kiss my fanny. :p :D :p :D

Di, I'm really glad this got bumped. I could not agree more with you about the stupidity of the "authorities" hunting down the shark. What are they gonna do, go snatch up the first shark they see and interrogate it? How the hell else would they know if they had the right one?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Lulu2

On sharks

Post by Lulu2 »

Why, they'll cut it open, BR, looking for body parts!:thinking:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

On sharks

Post by Lulu2 »

HEY! I've got an idea....what about drunk drivers being used to find "the right" shark? :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

On sharks

Post by Lulu2 »

OH GOD....and to think I actually made the effort to READ that!

:-5

:wah:
Lulu2

On sharks

Post by Lulu2 »

No, you're actually not! Nor, I suspect, are you FINished! Don't you have another fish TAIL? Or will you wait another day and then HOOK us again? :wah:
zinkyusa

On sharks

Post by zinkyusa »

There's something smelly about his fish jokes..:thinking:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Lulu2

On sharks

Post by Lulu2 »

Someone get the HOOK or he'll be PERCHing on an analyist's couch and FLOUNDERing! :sneaky:

(I left some for you.....);)
Lulu2

On sharks

Post by Lulu2 »

Beyond all trout, dear...beyond all trout.
ELF

On sharks

Post by ELF »

*getting out life preserver*

lady cop

On sharks

Post by lady cop »

BIG schools of bullsharks off florida this week. come on down for winter. :D
JacksDad

On sharks

Post by JacksDad »

it's over.