Let's Lose Weight, shall we?

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Red

Post by Red »

Good luck flopstock
Elvira

Post by Elvira »

Hi Floppy!

Good for you for taking that positive step.

I'm in total agreement with you, in that I can't be doing with faddy diets. My body needs ALL food groups and that includes Chocolate!

HOWEVER - I have dropped from a size 20 to a 12-14 through a mixture of WeightWatchers, Healthy eating and exercise.

You can do it!

How much do you want to lose?
Red

Post by Red »

Elvira;554458 wrote: Hi Floppy!

Good for you for taking that positive step.

I'm in total agreement with you, in that I can't be doing with faddy diets. My body needs ALL food groups and that includes Chocolate!

HOWEVER - I have dropped from a size 20 to a 12-14 through a mixture of WeightWatchers, Healthy eating and exercise.

You can do it!

How much do you want to lose?

that's great elvira well done! i tried WW years ago and didnt do too well, i find counting calories most effective for me..oh and not eating everything in the cupboard at once
Elvira

Post by Elvira »

Red;554464 wrote: that's great elvira well done! i tried WW years ago and didnt do too well, i find counting calories most effective for me..oh and not eating everything in the cupboard at once

Thanks Red.

WW has changed now so that there are a couple of plans to suit you. the good thing about it is that you don't hve to give anything up.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop

I noticed on the age thread we're the same age, I don't know what happens to a womens body - hormones - menapause all of it sucks. I don't dare go shopping for clothes & I have gift cards from Christmas & refuse to use them until I delete some of this crap thats going South.

I'll play this weight loss with you - with others involved it'll motivate me to loose & work at it.. I've started walking - @ 3 miles 2-3 times a week,exercise is not a option due to my back etc.. Unfortunetly I have a scale.

So, I'm 50 yrs old this September - 5'8" and 188lbs. 2-l9-07 Monday..

Post your stats

Here we go - Good Luck

Patsy
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

hey can guys join in here i was 18.5 stone about 250 ponds 112 kilo

im now about 17.5 stone 235 pound about 105 kilo

i want to get down to 17 stone so i have half a stone to lose before kramster does ,he is all loved up i hear that could go either way for me ,he might take her out for meals ,good he should pile on the pounds ,or he might get dumped be all love sick stop eating bad for me :wah: :wah: :wah:
Red

Post by Red »

I agree, i find it a lot harder to lose weight now than when i was younger, the factors i think could be affecting it are i dont smoke anymore(3 yrs gone feb 4th and its an appetite suppressant) ive had a baby and im not working anymore(used to have a physical job) even though i do 3 classes at the gym each week i still find it tough, i used to think people used age/kids etc as an excusefor having difficulty losing weight but im sure all these things affect it
Elvira

Post by Elvira »

I've found that my body/ hormones have changed every 7 years, or there abouts. It's defo harder to lose it as you get older, but I wonder if it's more change of lifestyle.

I found it easier to diet, when i earned less...... I was really skinny as a student!:wah:
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop

I totally understand - I've had @ 12 surgerys on my stomach area - I don't have children I had tumors - hysterectomy - appendix - scar tissue etc.. During one of the surgerys they ruptured a disc in my back (epiderol).

I can't stop the aging process but I can't stop the frump.

After my nephew was killed and coming home to my husband diagnosed with cancer, I went into a major depression, eating at all times of the day.

I want to be 160 - tomorrow..!! I refuse to buy new clothes until then.

So, should we post our stats weekly - biweekly - monthly. You decide

I think this is the encouragement we both need.

Patsy
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You can do it!:-6
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

I just know you guys can do it! :-4

I have COMPLETE faith in you and your efforts :guitarist

. . . and I'd like to lead the CHEERING SECTION if I could :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Dear Flop,

I completely support your goals! I stand to lose 110 pounds myself. Ouch.

Please don't beat yourself up about those dressing room mirrors though. They are made to be unforgiving and no one looks good in them. :)
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

GO FLOPPY!

GO PATSY!!

GO KATHY ELLEN!
Live Life with

PASSION

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yeah, they all can do it!

:-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Oh lord I should get on the ban wagon as well. Menapause was not kind to my waistline period. :-5

I just got to the point where I didn't care anymore about watching my weight, and damn that wasn't a good idea..:lips:

My daughter just got married this weekend and they will be moving into their new place the first of March. I will then get back on my exercise routine and start eating better hopefully. :D

It was fun while it lasted not caring what I ate but oh lordy the pounds have packed on.. what to get some off before I turn 60 in September.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

LOL Floppy I can't use that excuse either I live in the land of Sunshine and beautiful people.. :-6

[QUOTE]I'd like to blame it on the winter months, unfortunately I don't live in the arctic...[/QUOTE] :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

buttercup

Post by buttercup »

I'd love to join you girls but im in my third week of being stopped smoking so i dont want to take on too much at once but i'll be following the thread & cheering you on :-4
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

flopstock;554647 wrote: at least go for the healthy crap you just know chonsi and cher eat everyday....

Believe me :)

I definitely eat a mix of healthy and unhealthy

Everyone needs *some* vices, right? :p :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Red

Post by Red »

buttercup;554656 wrote: I'd love to join you girls but im in my third week of being stopped smoking so i dont want to take on too much at once but i'll be following the thread & cheering you on :-4

well done buttercup, how are you holding up petal?
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Red;554661 wrote: well done buttercup, how are you holding up petal?

Yes BCup :)

How's it going for you? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Im fine thanks, the patches help. I always went cold turkey before & dident last long. As soon as i feel i can do without the patches i'll consider myself a non smoker & join the rest of you on the battle of the buldge :-4
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Count me in...Ummmm I split my pants this morning getting out of the car...NO JOKE!! How embarrassing is that??:o

Since I quit smoking I've porked out...time to get on the wagon here...splitting my pants might have just done the trick!!

I'm with you girls...ate a salad for lunch..my problem is the choc., I didn't eat it that much when I was smoking:-5

As for stats...not brave enough to share!!
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Ok girls you have another one joining the club, i'll post pics tomorrow :o :o

My stats are 5 ft 8 inches and 233 pounds aim is to lose 65 pounds :-5

Just let me know when we make our entries :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Here you guys- this'll help put you off your feed! I got it from Sunny's thread "This site is so funny!"

It's Weight Watcher recipes from 1974. Apparently it wasn't just the clothes that were bad.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Ok my stats are 5 feet 4 inches tall and round... will that do.:-3 Lets just say 30 pounds off my ass wouldn't hurt one bit.. :lips:

I have never been thin like Koan or Chrons and Cheer they can eat and never put on a pound is what I'm thinking.....:-5

I come from Polish and Scotch background nobody on either side of my family is thin period. I'm good at about 145 and hold it there... Haven't seen it in a while bummer.. NOTHING BY MOUTH FOR A BIT UNLESS IT IS HEALTHY... :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Red

Post by Red »

lol@fat tuesday, nevermind flopstock itll soon be wednesday
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

God I knew this was going to pop up before the pancakes were cooked:-5 :-5

Been good so far though, porridge for brekkie, cous cous and chicken tikka for lunch and no chocolate:D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

50 june 30th... my goal is 50 by 50...

Ok Flop...we share the same B-day..and here it goes...I will lose 50 by June 30th also (35yrs)...5'4...200 lbs....yes i can't believe I just ratted myself out.......BUT I am on steroids also...IF I lose it more quickly once I get off them in March--I will be honest and up the anti...We will meet half way between Ill. and IA:driving: after our B-day.....? and celebrate! (Cold Stone Creamery Whooo hoooo!!!! :wah: ) **An Iowan Get Together.....We will look HOT! HA HA...by the way--We are getting together in Iowa around the first week August...Any takers??:D Its only 100 degrees here then...Hee hee:thinking:

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Red

Post by Red »

mominiowa;555182 wrote: 50 june 30th... my goal is 50 by 50...

Ok Flop...we share the same B-day..and here it goes...I will lose 50 by June 30th also (35yrs)...5'4...200 lbs....yes i can't believe I just ratted myself out.......BUT I am on steroids also...IF I lose it more quickly once I get off them in March--I will be honest and up the anti...We will meet half way between Ill. and IA:driving: after our B-day.....? and celebrate! (Cold Stone Creamery Whooo hoooo!!!! :wah: ) **An Iowan Get Together.....We will look HOT! HA HA...by the way--We are getting together in Iowa around the first week August...Any takers??:D Its only 100 degrees here then...Hee hee:thinking:

good luck mom! and a big woo for being so honest, im notoriously sneaky for holding back my weight, but i try to focus more on the jeans test than the scales test tbh
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

Good luck Flop, spend less time playing in the Arcade and go out! :wah:
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

crazygal;555213 wrote: Good luck Flop, spend less time playing in the Arcade and go out! :wah:

dont listen flops i still reckon she is a double agent from the other place to drive us away by one by one :wah: :wah: :rolleyes:
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

jimbo;555231 wrote: dont listen flops i still reckon she is a double agent from the other place to drive us away by one by one :wah: :wah: :rolleyes:

What 'other place?'

I may win some more trophies if Flops stops playing, lol.

Return to “Women's Health”