Firefox or Internet Explorer

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

Which Internet Browser do you use i use Firefox :-6
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Lon

Post by Lon »

Firefox
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I trashed IE and NS and got Firefox last time restored the computer and I'll never go back to the inferior ones. I hate to use the term "tricked out" for a browser but it is. It has all kind of widgets and gizmos Ive put on it, plus the ones it came with, it never crashes, never slows down and I never seem to have any problems with it. :)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I have Internet explorer and I get error messages all of the time...

Is it possible to convert all of it to FireFox free, or will I have to pay for it?
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I use firefox, cause its the best one for PCs, Safari for Mac is very good as well. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

K.Snyder;577359 wrote: I have Internet explorer and I get error messages all of the time...

Is it possible to convert all of it to Firefox free, or will I have to pay for it?

You can do it for free. The only thing is you *may* have browser conflict if you still have IE in your computer at the same time as Firefox. That only happened to me once though and I tweaked it so now I have both with no probs.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

I downloaded Firefox a few months ago. It wasn't quite "all that" for me.

Downloaded Opera about three weeks ago. Beats the pants off both of them, for me. YMMV.

You can download all sorts of browsers (and many other cool things) at downloads .com

Love that site. Lets you read user comments and reviews to help you decide what you want.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey Richard,

I really wanted Opera but when I installed it, it crashed me repeatedly. That was on an older PC though. What are its best features in your opinion?? I could look into it again as an option..
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I've been using Firefox for awhile now. I hated the last Explorer update and all the bells and whistles totally **** me off. Someone said I needed to go in and tweak a few things but it seems less complicated just to continue to use FF.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
freemind

Post by freemind »

Firefox

IE was getting soooo slow and I had more warnings from my security software from it than I do with Firefox.
freemind

Post by freemind »

That happened to me to, but it apparently got fixed about a week after I upgraded from my previous version. I now have this forum on my bookmark :)
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

RedGlitter;577371 wrote: Hey Richard,

I really wanted Opera but when I installed it, it crashed me repeatedly. That was on an older PC though. What are its best features in your opinion?? I could look into it again as an option..

RG :

My computer is old, too (Windows 98!!).

Read all about FF being 'way faster than IE. It wasn't on my machine. Sometimes it seemed slower than IE (if that's possible), although I liked other aspects of FF.

One of my pals on another forum casually mentioned he used Opera. I went to downloads.com, and tried it out. It's much faster on my PC.

I do sometimes get the Blue Screen Of Death after I shut it down and turn off my connection, but it hasn't crashed while I've been using it. I'm learning to wait until Opera has shut down completely before. I click offline. That seems to help.

I'm quite pleased with it. Still have FF and IE, and IE is my default browser, but that will soon change.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I have been considering switching to Firefox or one of those. Is it hard to switch your "mindset", if all you have ever known is IE??
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

No not really, Marie, I don't think anyway. It was weird at first but after about a day or maybe two tops, I was into it just fine. Now if I switch back to IE I can get confused.

Return to “General Chit Chat”