Illness Support

Uncle Fester

Illness Support

Post by Uncle Fester »

How would members feel about a self support forum for people like me who are not completely fit and would like to give and receive encouragement with others in the same situation

IF YOU CAN'T SAY GOOD ABOUT SOME ONE , KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

Did you know that too much chocolate shrinks your clothes

http://www.theparanormalcrypt.org/portal.php
RedGlitter

Illness Support

Post by RedGlitter »

Sounds like a good idea.
spot

Illness Support

Post by spot »

It sounds as though you might prefer a degree of privacy in an area like that, Fester. Would you prefer a membership system so that anyone who wanted to join could join, but nobody who hadn't could read or write there? The problem with that is you'd probably get fewer responses to posts if it were restricted that way.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Illness Support

Post by minks »

spot;575881 wrote: It sounds as though you might prefer a degree of privacy in an area like that, Fester. Would you prefer a membership system so that anyone who wanted to join could join, but nobody who hadn't could read or write there? The problem with that is you'd probably get fewer responses to posts if it were restricted that way.

I think that is a great idea spot.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Tater Tazz

Illness Support

Post by Tater Tazz »

I think it would be great! I go to a different forum for people that suffer with the cronic pain like I have, sometimes it helps to talk to others. I know it makes me feel a little better.
Uncle Fester

Illness Support

Post by Uncle Fester »

spot;575881 wrote: It sounds as though you might prefer a degree of privacy in an area like that, Fester. Would you prefer a membership system so that anyone who wanted to join could join, but nobody who hadn't could read or write there? The problem with that is you'd probably get fewer responses to posts if it were restricted that way.

I dont think a members only area would work as anyone can become ill quite suddenly and it would be handy to know that support and sympathy is at hand, the only rule I would like to set in place , would be the imeadiate removal of insulting posts ( I have seen it happen )

Tater Tazz

Illness Support

Post by Tater Tazz »

Uncle Fester if you do not mind, what is wrong?
spot

Illness Support

Post by spot »

I think http://www.forumgarden.com/groups/groups.php?g=35 might do what you want. Anyone can join by asking an existing member to give them membership (which gives people control to instantly remove insulting posts), the posts are visible to anyone but they won't appear on the main forum post list, only to anyone who comes looking.

I'll invite UF and TT to show how it works, and they can try it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Uncle Fester

Illness Support

Post by Uncle Fester »

Tater Tazz;575904 wrote: Uncle Fester if you do not mind, what is wrong?

My heart stopped loving me when I was 41 , It bit me six times , had a partial repair in 1981, still plodding along but I get days when I feel down , I usually bounce back but it takes a little longer each time

But hey what the hell I am still alive :driving:

cherandbuster

Illness Support

Post by cherandbuster »

Uncle Fester;575914 wrote: But hey what the hell I am still alive :driving:

*That's* the spirit, Unc :) !!

Like Tazz, I also have chronic back pain after three surgeries in the 1990s. I think your idea is great :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Peg

Illness Support

Post by Peg »

spot;575910 wrote: I think http://www.forumgarden.com/groups/groups.php?g=35 might do what you want. Anyone can join by asking an existing member to give them membership (which gives people control to instantly remove insulting posts), the posts are visible to anyone but they won't appear on the main forum post list, only to anyone who comes looking.

I'll invite UF and TT to show how it works, and they can try it.

Great idea. I joined.
cherandbuster

Illness Support

Post by cherandbuster »

Peg;575937 wrote: Great idea. I joined.

I agree.

Me too :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Uncle Fester

Illness Support

Post by Uncle Fester »

Well I have put my first moan on it :-1

Mia

Illness Support

Post by Mia »

Fester you don't know me because I am new to the site.I am so sorry you have had such a tough time. I am amazed when I read people can be nasty to someone who is sick that is terrible.I care for a very sick person his life sucks.he has joined sites with people who have the same condition and found it a great help.I am from the UK.If you are American I am sure there will be sites for you>The problem is we have different treatments here and are behind America due to lack of money in the NHS system. If you just need support then you would be more than welcome on a UK forum. So if I was you I would google.

Big hugs for you.

Mia
Lon

Illness Support

Post by Lon »

Uncle Fester;575774 wrote: How would members feel about a self support forum for people like me who are not completely fit and would like to give and receive encouragement with others in the same situation

There already exists on the internet via newsgroups, every conceivable illness you can think of, from fibromyalgia to cervical cancer. The point is, you will be able to visit directly with people that have the same condition and share support. I have participated for over 10 years in one of them. If you need help Uncle, finding your particular condition, PM me.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”