1707 and all that

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
gmc

1707 and all that

Post by gmc »

300th anniversary. Just wondering how the English are celebrating? Or even if you know.:-3
Chookie

1707 and all that

Post by Chookie »

What's to celebrate?
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
dubs

1707 and all that

Post by dubs »

gmc;604008 wrote: 300th anniversary. Just wondering how the English are celebrating? Or even if you know.:-3

Yeah ! I get drunk and dance nekkid!.....;)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
WonderWendy3

1707 and all that

Post by WonderWendy3 »

dubs;604205 wrote: Yeah ! I get drunk and dance nekkid!.....;)

Video footage requested.....please?????:D
Bill Sikes

1707 and all that

Post by Bill Sikes »

gmc;604008 wrote: 300th anniversary. Just wondering how the English are celebrating? Or even if you know.-3

In today's edjumacational (or other), climate? Of course it's known, to

some. Is it known very much more widely in Scotland, I wonder, compared to the

rest of the UK? What I can't understand is why on earth events of the past like

this are widely unknown, and not even generally celebrated. Have you seen

anything in the meedja? I have not, but then again I have not hunted high &

low. It's all a bit depressing, IMO, that people look not forward with an improving

mind, but backward.

Me? I have been gently reflecting for a while. Considering the great successes

in a historical context, feelings amongst some fraction of the population are hard

to understand.

Edit: Look at the other psots here. FFS.
gmc

1707 and all that

Post by gmc »

Bill Sikes;604234 wrote: In today's edjumacational (or other), climate? Of course it's known, to

some. Is it known very much more widely in Scotland, I wonder, compared to the

rest of the UK? What I can't understand is why on earth events of the past like

this are widely unknown, and not even generally celebrated. Have you seen

anything in the meedja? I have not, but then again I have not hunted high &

low. It's all a bit depressing, IMO, that people look not forward with an improving

mind, but backward.

Me? I have been gently reflecting for a while. Considering the great successes

in a historical context, feelings amongst some fraction of the population are hard

to understand.

Edit: Look at the other psots here. FFS.

We have a different educational system from England. Ask most scots and they will have an opinion that you will get to hear.

It's a non event so far as celebrations go but is an issue up here as Labour keep warning people not to vote SNP as it means the break up of the union and the media are banging on about it. They are shitting themselves that people will vote snp as means of getting of kicking labour at the polls. The Scottish parliament is elected on a PR system so there is every possibility labour will lose control. Curiously enough the more they go on about it the more support the snp seem to get, whether that translates to votes is another matter.

It's scottish labour MP's that keep labour in power in westminster, England has had some reforms to the NHS and education because of scots mp's voting for policies that got thrown out in Scotland by the scottish parliament. I think that is something that should anger the English and should be sorted. God knows for years we have been annoyed by policies foisted on us by Westminster that don't suit-most notably the poll tax

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/ ... /82358.stm

if they lose support up here they are in trouble and they know it. At the time of the devolution referendum when Maggie came to visit some of the Scottish papers emblazoned her picture over the front page with the caption-if you are still wondering why you should vote yes here she is. If any supported the SNP they would probably now do the same with Tony's picture.

Wish Robin Cook was still alive, I reckon he would have given GB a good run for his money. He was the only one that had any kind of what could be called integrity.

This probably won't mean anything if you're not scots, but Jack mcConnell is the scottish first minister-heid o the numpty house and labour in scotland.

Return to “England”