A More Proper Introduction

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

For those of you who don't me, I thought I would post a proper introduction. I may be giving away too much information here. Hmm. No stalkers, please.

I am a university student. I nearly have my M.A. in anthropology; I'm all but thesis at this point. I specialize in archaeology, concentrating on both ancient architecture and ancient warfare (which are more closely linked than you may think).

Let's see...I am an avid reader. I love the science fiction genre, but am equally at home with books on history (not historical fiction). I love books on ancient to renaissance art, on ancient architecture, and have a particular fondness for books on historic religions (I am not a religious person, myself, but I am intrigued by the role religion plays and has played in various societies).

I also do quite a bit of writing. I have penned a few essays on ancient warfare and am currently working on a novel (when I'm not working on my thesis). Additionally, I both read and write poetry. Recently, I found out that my father (who passed away when I was very young) was also heavily involved in poetry. Curiously, it appears to be a family trait, as I have also recently discovered that my grandfather was known to pen verse from time to time.

Finally, I am a film buff. I love well-executed films with a well-developed plot. As such, most Hollywood blockbusters turn me off. I prefer my films to have style and substance. I will admit to a particular weakness for zombie movies, however.

Ok, that should just about do it.

Cordially,

Hawke
koan

Post by koan »

Give us a poem, Hawke!
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

we have the same interests ,i'm old and my life is in ruins :wah: :wah:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

nice to meet you! :-6
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Hawke;620946 wrote: For those of you who don't me, I thought I would post a proper introduction. I may be giving away too much information here. Hmm. No stalkers, please.

I am a university student. I nearly have my M.A. in anthropology; I'm all but thesis at this point. I specialize in archaeology, concentrating on both ancient architecture and ancient warfare (which are more closely linked than you may think).

Let's see...I am an avid reader. I love the science fiction genre, but am equally at home with books on history (not historical fiction). I love books on ancient to renaissance art, on ancient architecture, and have a particular fondness for books on historic religions (I am not a religious person, myself, but I am intrigued by the role religion plays and has played in various societies).

I also do quite a bit of writing. I have penned a few essays on ancient warfare and am currently working on a novel (when I'm not working on my thesis). Additionally, I both read and write poetry. Recently, I found out that my father (who passed away when I was very young) was also heavily involved in poetry. Curiously, it appears to be a family trait, as I have also recently discovered that my grandfather was known to pen verse from time to time.

Finally, I am a film buff. I love well-executed films with a well-developed plot. As such, most Hollywood blockbusters turn me off. I prefer my films to have style and substance. I will admit to a particular weakness for zombie movies, however.

Ok, that should just about do it.

Cordially,

Hawke
Howdy Hawke. Welcome. I try to always watch films in the buff also.
littlemissgiggle

Post by littlemissgiggle »

hi hawke

i like zombie films, i remember going to see Land of the Dead at the cinema with my friend and we were the only people in the entire cinema room, very scary but loved it.

:sneaky:

Return to “Introductions”