Menopause

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

Anyone here been through or are presently going through menopause?
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

Okay so that is either a "No"...or a "Not gonna tell" answer. :p
SuzyB

Menopause

Post by SuzyB »

Not yet :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

DesignerGal

Menopause

Post by DesignerGal »

Im not, but Im taking fertility pills and the side effects are the same as menopause. My mother thinks its hilarious. I love it when I am home and get hot flashes so I can stick my whole head in the fridge.

HBIC
SuzyB

Menopause

Post by SuzyB »

flopstock;548963 wrote: Hi I missed this the first go round..:o sorry!

I'm actually being tested right now... that and other crap..

All I have to say is that if I am either through it or going through it..hasn't affected my sex drive at all..:D

You make me crack up :wah: :wah:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

YZGI

Menopause

Post by YZGI »

Sometimes I think my wife has that MenOnPause thingy going.
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

flopstock;548963 wrote: Hi I missed this the first go round..:o sorry!

I'm actually being tested right now... that and other crap..

All I have to say is that if I am either through it or going through it..hasn't affected my sex drive at all..:D

Gonna be 50 this year, so to my mind it's about damned time...lol

I envy you. :driving:
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

DesignerGal;548964 wrote: Im not, but Im taking fertility pills and the side effects are the same as menopause. My mother thinks its hilarious. I love it when I am home and get hot flashes so I can stick my whole head in the fridge.

Hot flashes are a bugger. :wah:

Opening all the windows and turning on the air conditioner in the dead of winter gets me some very unpleasant scornings around here. :wah:
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

flopstock;548982 wrote: You wanta go through it? Or you're not enjoying it? Or is it the sex drive thing?

Want some serious advice on that subject?

Already going through it and have been for a couple of years. But you're spot on with the last question. :wah:

I sure would! I spoke with my GP last time I was there concerning it, and he said to come back in a month and maybe we could try adding some testosterone to my estrogen-only HRT. But I'm not wanting facial hair!
along-for-the-ride

Menopause

Post by along-for-the-ride »

A hot flash feels like an inner thermostat was turned on inside you for a few minutes. It passes....I just go with the flow.

No more menstrual period................yippee!

Sex life is great...slow and easy...and very much enjoyed.

I never used hormones.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

flopstock;548998 wrote: Every day when you walk in the door.. take off your clothes. Encourage him to also... walk around in a robe and take that off when you go to bed..

Sleeping naked is the most natural sexual stimulant there is.. you brush up against one another naturally.. his body hair alone will stimulate parts of your body you forgot were missing the good times..

And the really cool thing is that once you've seen what your nakedness can affect in him... it has to turn you on as well.

You've got the power...perhaps packaged in a slightly different way then when you were 20... but the power to 'do unto others' never leaves a woman... though she may forget for a time. And nothing can remind you of how sexy you still are, quite like seeing your guy turned on.. now can it?:sneaky:

I'm gonna be 50, I'm 5'3'' and just 1lb under a very ugly number..:p (that I WILL blame on hormones...can't possibly have anything to do with the amount of food i consume.. ). But I've honestly had the best sex of my life in the last few years... simply because I worked for it and feel no shame in experiencing it, regardless of my age or body condition!

Well I'm 25, so I'm not that different of a package. :wah:

I think the idea of sleeping naked is a good one, that has helped before a few times. But being naked outside of that...hmm, yeah...probably not for me. lol I am really self-concious. And the only reason I could do the naked sleeping thing sometimes, is cause there would be a blanket still, so that no one could see me.

I have a question though...wouldn't seeing me naked constantly, not have the same affect anymore on my partner after sometime? I mean eventually he'd get used to it, so it wouldn't turn him on like before right?
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

along-for-the-ride;549079 wrote: A hot flash feels like an inner thermostat was turned on inside you for a few minutes. It passes....I just go with the flow.

No more menstrual period................yippee!

Sex life is great...slow and easy...and very much enjoyed.

I never used hormones.

It can be somewhat embarrassing though when you're out in public..:o

I was on a public bus one day and got one and started sweating, so was throwing off my coat and anything I possibly could lose without being indecent, and than trying my damndest to open the slide window near me...but it wouldn't open, so I asked the lady in front of me to open hers and she gave me the angriest look you could imagine and just ignored me. lol

(Well it was winter and probably -15 degrees, but still)
Rain

Menopause

Post by Rain »

I take a 1/2 mg of an estrodiol pill everyday. It's just enough to where I don't get the hot flashes. I tried to get off that pill once to save some $$. Forget THAT! Those hot flashes are nuts.
Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

flopstock;552519 wrote: Hell child! I've got a daughter your age...:wah: :wah: you're not allowed to have sex and tell him to keep his hands off you!!:D

You're not walking around naked... you're walking around in a robe.. big difference.. much cooler and less restrictive and I found that walking around in the robe encouraged more spontaneous petting, patting and hugs.. plus knowing the other is naked under there is a nice little tease...

And if you don't think I felt every bulge and droop the first few times i went to bed naked, you've never seen me..but the more you do it the more comfortable and confident you become in your own body's sexuality...that can only lead to more and more enjoyable experiences, IMO.

lol..

Ahh okay, thought you meant just perma-naked or something. I like robes. I wear them after showers and such when I do my hair.

That is a good point about feeling more comfortable in your own body. That does seem like it might help me, as I am really not.

Thank you for the advice, flop! :D
Peg

Menopause

Post by Peg »

The hot flashes suck! It feels like major heat coming from the inside going out through your skin. My customers think it's hilarious when one hits me at work and I turn white because the heat is getting to me and I stand in front of a fan. Doesn't amuse me at all.:wah:
CARLA

Menopause

Post by CARLA »

Oh Yeah... been there done that and don't ever want to do it again.:p

I started Menopause at 51 finished at 57 wasn't fun at times for sure. I never took hormones could I have have 2 breast biopsy's.(sp).

I'm not 59 and what do you wan to know.. :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Delilah

Menopause

Post by Delilah »

CARLA;552739 wrote: Oh Yeah... been there done that and don't ever want to do it again.:p

I started Menopause at 51 finished at 57 wasn't fun at times for sure. I never took hormones could I have have 2 breast biopsy's.(sp).

I'm not 59 and what do you wan to know.. :wah:

Oh good grief...this thing lasts for six years??

:confused: That means another three left to go for me yet. Gross! I thought it was going to end soon.

I'm sorry to hear about the biopsy's, carla. I hope everything was alright?
nvalleyvee

Menopause

Post by nvalleyvee »

I was starting menopause when I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 47. The hot flashes were miserable. The chemo put me completely through menopause in 2 months. My Mom spent about 8 years going through it. My intimate life has never been affected.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

Menopause

Post by CARLA »

Yes 7 years of hot flashes and night sweats and mood swing that would clear a room when I got angry...:D

Delilah thank your for your concern they were benign and all was well. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

emzee

Menopause

Post by emzee »

hi there new here. i have been through menopause too. i use to take HRT's but stopped when they said it could lead to breast cancer? i then started taking soy with isoflavins in tablet form. it's like a vitamin. no hotflashes and felt great. just thought i'd mention it.
Marie5656

Menopause

Post by Marie5656 »

I am just about finished. Not quite though. Just when I think I am done, I have another period. usually justs lasts a day or so. What a pain.

I am seeing alot of the hormonal changes..the mood swings, night sweats abd hot flashes. Not fun.
neffy

Menopause

Post by neffy »

Delilah;545053 wrote: Anyone here been through or are presently going through menopause?

im am have been since i was 38:( i am now 45 and i am still having those bloody hot flushes.:-5 :-5
The rottie queen
Nomad

Menopause

Post by Nomad »

Menopause

No thank you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
kayleneaussie

Menopause

Post by kayleneaussie »

yes I am going through menopause hasnt bothered me much except I gained weight which I hate. :(
FOC THREAD PART 1
neffy

Menopause

Post by neffy »

kayleneaussie;627616 wrote: yes I am going through menopause hasnt bothered me much except I gained weight which I hate. :(

oh yeah forgot me to:sneaky:
The rottie queen
Carl44

Menopause

Post by Carl44 »

kayleneaussie;627616 wrote: yes I am going through menopause hasnt bothered me much except I gained weight which I hate. :(

cripes i think i'm having a menopause :-3 :-3
zinkyusa

Menopause

Post by zinkyusa »

jimbo;628295 wrote: cripes i think i'm having a menopause :-3 :-3

Somehow I knew I would find you over here Jimbo.:wah:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
WonderWendy3

Menopause

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I need to read up on menapause...I'm very concerned that I'm going through it at the age 39....yikes....:-5
buttercup

Menopause

Post by buttercup »

I take Elleste Solo (estradiol hemihydrate) 2mg per day, flushes have completely stopped :D

Edit for wendy - Im 41 & started around 37
WonderWendy3

Menopause

Post by WonderWendy3 »

buttercup;628299 wrote: I take Elleste Solo (estradiol hemihydrate) 2mg per day, flushes have completely stopped :D

Edit for wendy - Im 41 & started around 37

What is another major sign other than hot flashes??
zinkyusa

Menopause

Post by zinkyusa »

WonderWendy3;628313 wrote: What is another major sign other than hot flashes??

excessive posting on forums..:sneaky:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
WonderWendy3

Menopause

Post by WonderWendy3 »

zinkyusa;628314 wrote: excessive posting on forums..:sneaky:

Oh, so wanting to strangle a Bat is probably a good sign too???:D
Carl44

Menopause

Post by Carl44 »

WonderWendy3;628315 wrote: Oh, so wanting to strangle a Bat is probably a good sign too???:D

you could even get the kids to help :wah: :wah:

zinkyusa

Menopause

Post by zinkyusa »

[QUOTE=jimbo;628320]you could even get the kids to help :wah: :wah:

please don't encourage her, she is unstable enough as it is..:sneaky:
WonderWendy3

Menopause

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Thanks Jimbo, you are always there for me, and I like that...as for the bat....expect it when you least expect it...muwahhh hahhhhaaaahhhaaa (aka evil laughter)
zinkyusa

Menopause

Post by zinkyusa »

WonderWendy3;628325 wrote: Thanks Jimbo, you are always there for me, and I like that...as for the bat....expect it when you least expect it...muwahhh hahhhhaaaahhhaaa (aka evil laughter)

bats have sonar and are never surprised silly woman
WonderWendy3

Menopause

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Ut oh....looked it up on WebMD!!

here's what I found:What Are the Symptoms of Menopause?

Most women going through menopause will experience hot flashes, a sudden feeling of warmth that spreads over the upper body that is often accompanied by blushing and some sweating. The severity of hot flashes varies from mild in most women to severe in others.

Other common symptoms include:

Irregular or skipped periods

Insomnia

Mood swings

Fatigue

Depression

Irritability

Racing heart

Headaches

Joint and muscle aches and pains

Changes in libido (sex drive)

Vaginal dryness

Bladder control problems

Easily irritated by Bats

Not all women get all of these symptoms

Wouldn't ya know it--- I have ALL OF THESE!!
neffy

Menopause

Post by neffy »

WonderWendy3;628330 wrote: Ut oh....looked it up on WebMD!!

Most women going through menopause will experience hot flashes, a sudden feeling of warmth that spreads over the upper body that is often accompanied by blushing and some sweating. The severity of hot flashes varies from mild in most women to severe in others.

Insomnia

Mood swings

Fatigue

Depression

Irritability

Racing heart

Headaches

Vaginal dryness

Bladder control problems

Easily irritated by Bats

bugger so do i :yh_whistl
The rottie queen
buttercup

Menopause

Post by buttercup »

Best warning you both now then :o the HRT takes a couple of weeks to kick in, during this time its not uncommon to retch a lot & be sick. it lasted 10 days with me but hopefully that wont happen to you two if you start taking it.
WonderWendy3

Menopause

Post by WonderWendy3 »

WonderWendy3;628330 wrote: Ut oh....looked it up on WebMD!!

Insomnia

Mood swings

Fatigue

Depression

Irritability

Racing heart

Headaches

Vaginal dryness

Bladder control problems

Easily irritated by Bats

Please note that this was a joke for Zinky...I added in to tease him...sorry if I've offended anyone!:(

Return to “Women's Health”