i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Issues relating specifically to men's health.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Elvira;542964 wrote: I have this on my MP3 player, and it's the only workout that makes me sweat (Spinning and circuit training don't)

I've done the Bas Rutten work out with a heart rate monitor, and my heart rate went right up to 182. It's not a fat burning workout certainly, but it's great for overall cardio fitness.

yup sue does the bas rutten workout on my head when i get back late from the pub gets my heart rate going to 205:wah:
Elvira

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Elvira »

jimbo;542967 wrote: yup sue does the bas rutten workout on my head when i get back late from the pub gets my heart rate going to 205:wah:

I hope she wears her gloves - It would hurt too much to punch WOOD without them!:wah:
Tater Tazz

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Tater Tazz »

jimbo;398314 wrote: over the last few years I've put on about 50 pounds ' she who must be obeyed is so worried about my health that she broke down and said she was scared of me dyin

so here is the plan

1) no alcohol

2) high protein low carb diet

3)go back into Thai boxing mma training and more exercise

4)no snacks

5) try not to die of boredom

6) ask the lovely people on this forum for support and any tips promoting weight loss

possible 7 break up and find a woman who likes lardy guys :sneaky:

good luck jimbo, If I can do it so can you. I lost a total of 35 pounds now. The only problemn with that is, when I go for walks or anywhere guys stare at me.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Tater Tazz;542975 wrote: good luck jimbo, If I can do it so can you. I lost a total of 35 pounds now. The only problemn with that is, when I go for walks or anywhere guys stare at me.

uh oh well i wont be going for any walks i'd hate that to happen to me :wah:
Tater Tazz

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Tater Tazz »

jimbo;542977 wrote:

uh oh well i wont be going for any walks i'd hate that to happen to me :wah::wah: :wah:
Bez

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Bez »

A 'thirty something' guy at work weighed 28 stones. There's a long story in between times that I won't bore you with but he has now lost 12 stone ...it's changed his life.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Rapunzel

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Rapunzel »

Bez;542991 wrote: A 'thirty something' guy at work weighed 28 stones. There's a long story in between times that I won't bore you with but he has now lost 12 stone ...it's changed his life.

Wow, that's incredible Bez. How did he do it?
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Rapunzel;542992 wrote: Wow, that's incredible Bez. How did he do it?

yeah bez just got you dont have snow dont be an info miser :wah:
Bez

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Bez »

jimbo;542997 wrote: yeah bez just got you dont have snow dont be an info miser :wah:

It's a long one...be prepared.....

He married an older woman with 2 kids

She fed him rubbish for years (and the kids too) - the whole family was overweight.

He had a heart condition due to being overweight + diabetes + ulcerated varicose veins.

The hospital refused to operate on the veins until he lost weight but his wife wouldn't change their eating habits

The marriage went 'down the pan'

She threw him out and he went back to his Mum who hadn't spoKen to him for 10 years because of his wife.

She agreed he could stay provided he didn't go back to his wife

His wife tried to bully him into going back....she missed his wages, she even 'stalked' him at work.

Mother feeds him only good food....No chips, pies, Cola, crisps etc. Cut down on butter, cheese etc. Nothing drastic just healthy alternatives. Chicken, lean meat, veg, fruit, pasta, rice etc.

Weight quickly comes off and health improves - unfortunately his legs are permanently damaged now and there's not much that can be done medically. about the veins.

Meets lady via the internetHappy ending ....:-6
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Bez;543005 wrote: It's a long one...be prepared.....

He married an older woman with 2 kids

She fed him rubbish for years (and the kids too) - the whole family was overweight.

He had a heart condition due to being overweight + diabetes + ulcerated varicose veins.

The hospital refused to operate on the veins until he lost weight but his wife wouldn't change their eating habits

The marriage went 'down the pan'

She threw him out and he went back to his Mum who hadn't spoKen to him for 10 years because of his wife.

She agreed he could stay provided he didn't go back to his wife

His wife tried to bully him into going back....she missed his wages, she even 'stalked' him at work.

Mother feeds him only good food....No chips, pies, Cola, crisps etc. Cut down on butter, cheese etc. Nothing drastic just healthy alternatives. Chicken, lean meat, veg, fruit, pasta, rice etc.

Weight quickly comes off and health improves - unfortunately his legs are permanently damaged now and there's not much that can be done medically. about the veins.

Meets lady via the internetHappy ending ....:-6

thanks bez:-4 so how is this internet romance working out:D
Bez

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Bez »

jimbo;543008 wrote: thanks bez:-4 so how is this internet romance working out:D

OK I think....I think she lives Chatham (Kent) way, but he gets on the train every weekend and goes to see her (from Worthing).

I get the feeling she's a little older than him
RhondaLu

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by RhondaLu »

Jim, you guys lose weight so much quickly then we woman. You cutting your carbs, exercising, and not drinking will melt those 50 pounds off in no time, you look to be pretty fit anyways. :) go for it!
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Bez;543012 wrote: OK I think....I think she lives Chatham (Kent) way, but he gets on the train every weekend and goes to see her (from Worthing).

I get the feeling she's a little older than him

he should of gone for a young chic like you bez:D
Bez

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Bez »

jimbo;543014 wrote: he should of gone for a young chic like you bez:D

...:o
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

RhondaLu;543013 wrote: Jim, you guys lose weight so much quickly then we woman. You cutting your carbs, exercising, and not drinking will melt those 50 pounds off in no time you look to be pretty fit anyways. :) go for it!

thanks rhondalu :-6 :-6

i could not look slim in an x ray though:wah:
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

hey guess who has lost 22 pounds this year, gone down from a 38 inch waist to a 36 ,

jimbo

i saw a photo of hoxton Chris i thought well if he can do it ,i can do it, after all he is only two arms two legs the same as me , there really is no magic formula involved ,

thanx Chris:D

scarface_mtl

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by scarface_mtl »

For the longest time I couldn't lose weight especially in the hard to lose spot like the waist - now I'm doing well and in bettern shape at 36 than I was at 25.

My tip - it's a combination of proper diet and exercise. There is no quick fix.

Net caloric intake - simple math, burn more than you take in and you lose weight.

carbs - 4 calories / gram | protein - 4 calories / gram | fat - 9 calories / gram

Drink a few glasses of water a day (I gave up juices, pops... now I have a hard time drinking them because they taste so sweet)

Fruits have are good but they are also full of sugar (fructose) so be careful how much and when you eat em (better than a mars bar - empty calories)

Don't buy unhealthy food. When I have a craving for sweets or greasy food and it's in the house I eat it, only my laziness saves me from running to the store to satisfy my cravings.

Muscle mass increase metabolism - 10 pounds of muscle can burn 350-500 calories / day

If you don't know how to read the nutritional labels on food (alot of people don't) learn this. I stopped eating most fast food due to their poor nutritional value (visit the web-sites they have it all there)

pinkchick

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by pinkchick »

scarface_mtl;639179 wrote: For the longest time I couldn't lose weight especially in the hard to lose spot like the waist - now I'm doing well and in bettern shape at 36 than I was at 25.

Net caloric intake - simple math, burn more than you take in and you lose weight.

carbs - 4 calories / gram | protein - 4 calories / gram | fat - 9 calories / gram

Drink a few glasses of water a day (I gave up juices, pops... now I have a hard time drinking them because they taste so sweet)

Fruits have are good but they are also full of sugar (fructose) so be careful how much and when you eat em (better than a mars bar - empty calories)

Don't buy unhealthy food. When I have a craving for sweets or greasy food and it's in the house I eat it, only my laziness saves me from running to the store to satisfy my cravings.

Muscle mass increase metabolism - 10 pounds of muscle can burn 350-500 calories / day

If you don't know how to read the nutritional labels on food (alot of people don't) learn this. I stopped eating most fast food due to their poor nutritional value (visit the web-sites they have it all there)

Well done you! Welcome to FG by the way. I hope you enjoy this crazy place... It's great fun.

Happy posting:D :wah:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

scarface_mtl;639179 wrote: For the longest time I couldn't lose weight especially in the hard to lose spot like the waist - now I'm doing well and in bettern shape at 36 than I was at 25.

thanks buddy i'm back on the dreaded diet and keep fit thingy again i have put on 15 pounds since my daughter went to the states well no drinking and eating sensibly for a while :-5 :-5

oh well it could be a lot worse :D
chonsigirl

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by chonsigirl »

You can do it, Jimbo!
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

chonsigirl;639390 wrote: You can do it, Jimbo!

thats what i need to eat rabbit food :wah: :wah: :wah:

i mean thanks chonsigirl :-4
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Soberano;639393 wrote: Salads mate, no beer, no choccy, i lost half a stone in the last 10 days. Put a few pounds back on today i reckon, Fathers day beer and cakes.:D

i know i can do it buddy its just wanting to do it ,i'm not a vain person so looking good is not an incentive for me ,i just need to do it for health reasons so i'm still around when the grandkids are about :D

i just love having a drink and a laugh with the lads ... the food bit is not a problem for me i actually like healthy food :)

and i like to work out and exercise :)
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

You want encouragement? Here goes.

This was me at 260, 9 years ago.

This was me at 220, 7 years ago; that is also the woman who talked about killing me in her sleep.

This is me now at 155-160; I'll get a full size pic today if I can. I am too skinny now, and have actually managed to put a few pounds back on.

I look younger, I feel better about myself, and feel better in general. I have 7 years on my brother, and I get asked every day if I am the younger. Sorry for pic size. The main thing I did to lose the weight the first time was cut out snacks, beer, and started walking. The second time I just found a gypsy to curse me.
Life ain't linear.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

well done KB

very well done indeed :-6 :-6

you are an insperation to all us lardies every where :D
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

jimbo;639397 wrote: well done KB

very well done indeed :-6 :-6

you are an insperation to all us lardies every where :D

I saw a doctor on a health show make a bold comment about two months back, he said that for every 35 pounds you lost, you gained an inch, well elsewhere (wink wink) just due to the fact that it wasn't being "crowded".
Life ain't linear.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

KB.;639414 wrote: I saw a doctor on a health show make a bold comment about two months back, he said that for every 35 pounds you lost, you gained an inch, well elsewhere (wink wink) just due to the fact that it wasn't being "crowded".

yeah but who is gona want a really fit bald guy with an extra two inches on that er er non crowded area :wah:
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

jimbo;639441 wrote: yeah but who is gona want a really fit bald guy with an extra two inches on that er er non crowded area :wah:

The same woman that wants you now; you big numbskull.
Life ain't linear.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

KB.;639507 wrote: The same woman that wants you now; you big numbskull.

yeah but dont tell suzy :sneaky:

:wah: :wah:
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

You're a good man Charlie Brown.
Life ain't linear.
venus

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by venus »

ahem :-3 you got that gypsy's number KB? :D
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
SuzyB

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by SuzyB »

Hey, no fair, I had a gypsy curse me years ago, but ive just kept gaining weight :rolleyes: :wah:

Well done with the weight loss :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

contains harsh language :)

crazygal

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by crazygal »

pinkchick

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by pinkchick »

jimbo;639577 wrote: contains harsh language :)

that's cracker:wah: :wah:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

well thats it ,i'm starting again today

30 pounds is the target

IF KB CAN DO I CAN DO IT :thinking:

eye of the tiger and all that :-6

actually tigers eat well loads :-3

eye of the shrew :o
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

jimbo;639752 wrote: well thats it ,i'm starting again today

30 pounds is the target

IF KB CAN DO I CAN DO IT :thinking:

eye of the tiger and all that :-6

actually tigers eat well loads :-3

eye of the shrew :o

I'm trying to get back to about 175, and stop, thats going to be the rough part is the stopping. You pray for me, and I'll say one for you. No more Bhudda bellies, and no more ribs sticking out. Then stop in the middle.
Life ain't linear.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

KB.;639754 wrote: I'm trying to get back to about 175, and stop, thats going to be the rough part is the stopping. You pray for me, and I'll say one for you. No more Bhudda bellies, and no more ribs sticking out. Then stop in the middle.

its a deal :-6
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

jimbo;639756 wrote: its a deal :-6

Thats the second deal I made tonite. The other was with a much prettier young woman who has lots of dark black hair; then I got you, nuts <----double-entendre, and bald.

Night jimbo, good luck in the morning.
Life ain't linear.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

KB.;639758 wrote: Thats the second deal I made tonite. The other was with a much prettier young woman who has lots of dark black hair; then I got you, nuts

what you on about how can she be prettier than me ????:rolleyes:

chripes mate your enough to give a guy a complex :wah:

goodnight buddy its morning here ,just about to have my breakie ,all bran and skimmed milk no sugar :( :(
Bryn Mawr

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky;640280 wrote: I bought myself tons of fruit to take to work, I figured if I start eating during the day then I might not come home and scoff everything in sight!:o

I can hear the echos from here - the kids will be in stitches when "Miss" comes up trumps :wah:
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Bryn Mawr;640305 wrote: I can hear the echos from here - the kids will be in stitches when "Miss" comes up trumps :wah:

very good :wah: :wah:
Tater Tazz

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Tater Tazz »

Goodluck on your weight loss. I have lost 70 pounds now.
Carl44

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Carl44 »

Tater Tazz;640317 wrote: Goodluck on your weight loss. I have lost 70 pounds now.

i think i found it :-5 :-5
Tater Tazz

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by Tater Tazz »

Your suppose to be losing it, I thought?
KB.

i'm gona lose 30 pounds

Post by KB. »

Tater Tazz;640329 wrote: Your suppose to be losing it, I thought?

Past tense, he found it now he is going to try and get rid of it again.
Life ain't linear.

Return to “Men's Health”