Darfur Atrocities

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
minks

Darfur Atrocities

Post by minks »

RedGlitter;656779 wrote: You're being pompous again, Lon.

Our conversation has expanded beyond Darfur and is encompassing related issues now. Keep up, man!! :wah:

Me thinks we all have our own causes to defend some of us just do so at different levels and locations. I think we should all pat each other on the back for our individual cause we support and be glad we are not seeing contributors on our forum who add to the downfalls of our society.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Darfur Atrocities

Post by minks »

Nomad;656780 wrote: Except Papua New Guinea...theyre on their own.

And Cuba :lips:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Darfur Atrocities

Post by RedGlitter »

minks;656784 wrote: Me thinks we all have our own causes to defend some of us just do so at different levels and locations. I think we should all pat each other on the back for our individual cause we support and be glad we are not seeing contributors on our forum who add to the downfalls of our society.

I like this idea, Minks.
Bill Sikes

Darfur Atrocities

Post by Bill Sikes »

almostfamous;656829 wrote: I'm a member of Global Volunteers of America

I have never heard of that organisation. It could be interesting. What does it do?
JacksDad

Darfur Atrocities

Post by JacksDad »

You know Bryn? I believe I'm the confused one here.

I was thinking of Falun Dafa. My atrocity of choice.

Sorry Darfur. I'll get back to ya.
Pheasy

Darfur Atrocities

Post by Pheasy »

Bill Sikes;656530 wrote: If you're 28, you should know better than to be so bloody stupid, and treat a tongue-in-cheek remark as such without spraying diarrhoea. Oh, and if you have passed the grand old age of 28, you might consider reading the papers once a week.

Now, where are my carpet slippers?

I'm passed the grand old age 42 yrs and I would of asked the same question as AF.

Least I still got my memory!!

How about being a little nicer to people who are just asking a question!!
RedGlitter

Darfur Atrocities

Post by RedGlitter »

almostfamous;656942 wrote: I feel a little relieved now. I was beginning to wonder if I was a boil on everyone's ass and should keep my gob shut :o I think I'm just sensitive right now :rolleyes: fkn girly emotional crap :-3

No. It wasn't you.

That belligerent outburst never should have happened.
WonderWendy3

Darfur Atrocities

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I agree with the rest, there is no need to belittle other people and call them stupid....:-1

YOU are not a boil on anyone's hiney!!:-4
RedGlitter

Darfur Atrocities

Post by RedGlitter »

Does anyone besides me feel a bit "set up" by the OP?
Pheasy

Darfur Atrocities

Post by Pheasy »

RedGlitter;656960 wrote: Does anyone besides me feel a bit "set up" by the OP?

Firstly, I don't understand why this thread was created - was it for shock factor or was it just to raise comments ? :-3

I don't understand why Bill S had to be so nasty, can't see why anyone would want to do that. I understand that there will be issues that we don't all agree on - but his comments were just uncalled for and damn right nasty!!
WonderWendy3

Darfur Atrocities

Post by WonderWendy3 »

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=10

is my guess why maybe the thread was started, but Lon did state that he started it just to start conversation.
Patsy Warnick

Darfur Atrocities

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Well guess what ? - I'm glad AlmostFamous asked the question

I had no idea why they were missing a limb..

And I read the paper - subject obviously didn't interest me / nor caught my attention - I'm self centered - uncaring individual..

Patsy
KB.

Darfur Atrocities

Post by KB. »

Of course they didn't do it to themselves, don't you get out much? Basically if you take a population of amputees, you will eventually find some with the same bits missing and be able to take a photograph of them.

I didn't see that as rude or nasty; I saw it as funny in an aggravating way. I am an a$$hole though. Here is a real cool tool that can be used.

http://www.google.com/search?q=google&i ... =firefox-a

Type in Darfur and you get

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... ur&spell=1

/cue my best Gomer Pyle voice

Shazaam!

The quoted text above is pretty much how i would have replied in person, but sarcasm conveys better in the oratory form. it ain't about being self centered or uncaring; just take three seconds to type in Darfur on Google. They even make a neat little toolbar you can add on to your Mozilla homepage.
Life ain't linear.
KB.

Darfur Atrocities

Post by KB. »

Just to continue my tangent (sans spell and grammar check), the amount of knowledge even the most common of folks, like myself, have at their finger tips can not even begin to be fathomed. Everyone here has access to the internet; and to a wealth of knowledge that men in the past would have died and killed to have possessed just a minute fraction of. Forget the trolling, just type in a random word and read.
Life ain't linear.
KB.

Darfur Atrocities

Post by KB. »

Be still Kate; it ain't aimed at you or anyone else in particular. I am just as guilty as anyone.
Life ain't linear.
Patsy Warnick

Darfur Atrocities

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I never replied before tonight - cause I just can't be bothered

I'm glad AlmostF asked?? I didn't know - and different Countries do different things - have different Laws etc. I worry about the US - that occupies me enough..

Patsy
KB.

Darfur Atrocities

Post by KB. »

Patsy Warnick;657055 wrote: I never replied before tonight - cause I just can't be bothered

I'm glad AlmostF asked?? I didn't know - and different Countries do different things - have different Laws etc. I worry about the US - that occupies me enough..

Patsy

I am an isolationist by mind; but my heart lies elsewhere.
Life ain't linear.
weeder

Darfur Atrocities

Post by weeder »

I didnt know about Darfur, Actually, the only information I get about world events, politics, kidnappings and mass murders, is pretty much here, on the forum. Sometimes from reading a book, sometimes from conversation when I am out. But like many others here, I do not turn on the news every morning, or subscribe to the newspaper. As Red said.. when one is dealing with the many stresses called life, it is not possible to contemplate the horrors going on in the world, and not be pushed into mixing a drano cocktail. I know that there is incredible suffering going on, all around me. Its awful to accept that there is not a thing I can do about it. As far as getting riled up, or being frustrated with our countrys choices regarding who they want to help? There isnt anything I can do about those psychos either. I have lived for years surrounded by clients and friends who are very wealthy. I have never ( gratefully) been jealous of any of their material possessions. I will admit to being envious of the issues they have the clear minds to be able to focus in on. I prune the shrubs in their yards to receive a check, to pay my rent. While I prune, they sit at the table writing checks to all of the organizations they support, and are able to do some good. Whatever path we walk down in this life ( and there are many different paths ) we should strive to do the good we can for those we meet along the way. Like Minxs neighbors consouling the woman they met in the park, who was paralysed with grief, over the loss of her son. In a manner of speaking... she was amputated also.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Nomad

Darfur Atrocities

Post by Nomad »

weeder;657120 wrote: I didnt know about Darfur, Actually, the only information I get about world events, politics, kidnappings and mass murders, is pretty much here, on the forum. Sometimes from reading a book, sometimes from conversation when I am out. But like many others here, I do not turn on the news every morning, or subscribe to the newspaper. As Red said.. when one is dealing with the many stresses called life, it is not possible to contemplate the horrors going on in the world, and not be pushed into mixing a drano cocktail. I know that there is incredible suffering going on, all around me. Its awful to accept that there is not a thing I can do about it. As far as getting riled up, or being frustrated with our countrys choices regarding who they want to help? There isnt anything I can do about those psychos either. I have lived for years surrounded by clients and friends who are very wealthy. I have never ( gratefully) been jealous of any of their material possessions. I will admit to being envious of the issues they have the clear minds to be able to focus in on. I prune the shrubs in their yards to receive a check, to pay my rent. While I prune, they sit at the table writing checks to all of the organizations they support, and are able to do some good. Whatever path we walk down in this life ( and there are many different paths ) we should strive to do the good we can for those we meet along the way. Like Minxs neighbors consouling the woman they met in the park, who was paralysed with grief, over the loss of her son. In a manner of speaking... she was amputated also.

When pruning could you not dedicate a snip to Darfur ?

Another snip of the shrub for Tibet ?

Snip snip snip..........Bangladesh ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
dunkin

Darfur Atrocities

Post by dunkin »

Lon

As I have said before I like reading your posts.

You make me think of others who are not as fortunate as most of us.

Keep up the good work.

I am of to the arcade for another week.
weeder

Darfur Atrocities

Post by weeder »

I could.... or I could send whole bushes.....
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
SnoozeControl

Darfur Atrocities

Post by SnoozeControl »

I donate a few thousand dollars a year to charities, but when I really think about it, I don't contribute much to this planet.

I sit in my cushy job and go home to my cushy apartment. In the meantime, people are dying on this planet from substandard living and cruel environments. What can I do about it? I don't know. I sometimes think humanity is a cancer.

As a side note, I think some of the members here should think more on how well they're living compared to the rest of the world and not get quite so up in arms when someone questions their knowledge. Are you really that proud of your ignorance?
koan

Darfur Atrocities

Post by koan »

welcome back, stripmoll.

perhaps you'll stick around a bit longer this time and explain how you know the membership so well.
JacksDad

Darfur Atrocities

Post by JacksDad »

I sometimes think humanity is a cancer.

Oh ya had me there.

Are you really that proud of your ignorance?

Then you lost me.

Stick around and get to know the players.

Or are you really that proud if your assumptions?
bigears

Darfur Atrocities

Post by bigears »

NOW i remember why i quit this forum
koan

Darfur Atrocities

Post by koan »

bigears;660586 wrote: NOW i remember why i quit this forum

should we expect you to share the story with us? :-3
SnoozeControl

Darfur Atrocities

Post by SnoozeControl »

Koan and Jacksdad:

What exactly is it that you're disagreeing with me about? My identity? Why? To draw attention away from the topic?

I'd like to hear what YOU'RE doing to improve the living standard of humanity. That is what this thread was created to draw attention to, unless I'm sorely mistaken.
DelicateDominatrix

Darfur Atrocities

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

This thread confuses the day lights out of me,but then again I havent slept in a couple days lol :wah:
koan

Darfur Atrocities

Post by koan »

StripMoll;660592 wrote: Koan and Jacksdad:

What exactly is it that you're disagreeing with me about? My identity? Why? To draw attention away from the topic?

I'd like to hear what YOU'RE doing to improve the living standard of humanity. That is what this thread was created to draw attention to, unless I'm sorely mistaken.

Are you accusing me of trolling? :wah:

you said:

As a side note, I think some of the members here should think more on how well they're living compared to the rest of the world and not get quite so up in arms when someone questions their knowledge. Are you really that proud of your ignorance?

then I said:

perhaps you'll stick around a bit longer this time and explain how you know the membership so well

alternatively, you could have scrolled up the page and thought about it for a second then you might have seen the connection.
SnoozeControl

Darfur Atrocities

Post by SnoozeControl »

Once again, you're attempting to draw attention away from the subject at hand.

Why?

Okay. Let's start over. Are you (generally speaking) familiar with this subject? Use a search engine.

If you aren't familiar with this atrocity, acknowledge some closer to home. It isn't that hard to do. Yes, I realize some of you might have hardships. But have you considered that others have much larger hardships and need your help?

I'm pretty much of an *******, but it hurts my heart that so many of you are so self centered about this.

Please help. I can supply links if you're interested.
koan

Darfur Atrocities

Post by koan »

I am familiar with it.

I mentioned to someone a while ago that the US could feasibly have used the genocide in Darfur as a good reason to get the hell out of Iraq. They were more needed elsewhere.

Your post is practically nonsensical. You seem to know the members here yet what you say shows a vast ignorance or a complete denial of fact.
G-man

Darfur Atrocities

Post by G-man »

:wah: I saw the connection. :D

I'm familiar with the conflict, as well. I was even there several years ago... whether it's genocide or not by definition, it's certainly a big mess. It's complicated and very difficult, however to get anything done when members are doing all they can to defeat every proposal to help, even fueling the conflict by providing weapons and aircraft..., because they have their own self-serving interests.

Does that sound like it's somewhat back on topic... and leaving the double entendre somewhat intact still?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

G-man

Darfur Atrocities

Post by G-man »

almostfamous;660615 wrote: Is this still going on???

I ask one bloody question and it turns into who knows what, who does what, who's smarter than who, and who gets to judge all of the above.

Noone here is better than anyone else.

why do i even bother:thinking:

Quite impressive, really... 'specially considering that none of us are apparently familiar with the topic. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “General Chit Chat”