Interracial Marriages

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Interracial Marriages

Post by RedGlitter »

Yesterday my friend, an American woman of Irish descent who just turned 50, was over here upset that her son (early 20s) is dating a Hispanic girl. She went on about how she didn't raise him that way and what part of prejudice did he not understand?!

I was amused and disgusted but said nothing.

I grew up that way too. Both sides of my family were (and are) dead against dating or marrying "outside" your race. I and a few of my cousins escaped that mindset but not everyone did and it still prevails.

I have friends my own age and even younger who think it's wrong to date a different ethnicity. That surprises me.

I'm curious as to how many people here don't support interracial relationships and who is willing to admit it in this day and age of PC?

I'm not interested in coming down on anyone for their beliefs because this is an issue where I hold one opinion but feel that others can hold another if they want to. I'm just interested in the replies.
Lon

Interracial Marriages

Post by Lon »

RedGlitter;677632 wrote: Yesterday my friend, an American woman of Irish descent who just turned 50, was over here upset that her son (early 20s) is dating a Hispanic girl. She went on about how she didn't raise him that way and what part of prejudice did he not understand?!

I was amused and disgusted but said nothing.

I grew up that way too. Both sides of my family were (and are) dead against dating or marrying "outside" your race. I and a few of my cousins escaped that mindset but not everyone did and it still prevails.

I have friends my own age and even younger who think it's wrong to date a different ethnicity. That surprises me.

I'm curious as to how many people here don't support interracial relationships and who is willing to admit it in this day and age of PC?

Interracial marriages sure produce some great looking kids who grow up to be great looking adults. Seems like the best of each race pulls out the best of their genes.

I'm not interested in coming down on anyone for their beliefs because this is an issue where I hold one opinion but feel that others can hold another if they want to. I'm just interested in the replies.

Interracial marriages sure produce some great looking kids that turn out to be great looking adults. Seems like the best genes of each race come to the forefront.
dunkin

Interracial Marriages

Post by dunkin »

Lon;677634 wrote: Interracial marriages sure produce some great looking kids that turn out to be great looking adults. Seems like the best genes of each race come to the forefront.
You just have to have a look at my children ,they are lucky to have the best genes from 2 races.:-6:-4:-4 And then of course there is me:wah:
WonderWendy3

Interracial Marriages

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was brought up believing that whites and blacks (african american, if we are going to be PC) should not marry. I have never dated an African American...I've dated an American Indian and he was absolutely beautiful, still is to me....
KB.

Interracial Marriages

Post by KB. »

People are people. We ain't talking about a man marrying a god damned goat here. I don't judge much, but I will call a fool a fool, and to think someone shouldn't marry someone else due to the color of their skin is foolish. Women should marry good men that treat them with respect and acknowledge how they are the rock that keeps them grounded. Men should do the same. That is my humble opinion though. I don't discriminate with my women. Why in the hell would I want to automatically eliminate millions of women just because they are of a different race? Screw that, diversity is the spice of life.
Life ain't linear.
kayleneaussie

Interracial Marriages

Post by kayleneaussie »

I am in a interracial marriage, I see no problem with it we are all humans with different colour skins. We had a few looks when we first married and I just gave them the death look back :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Nomad

Interracial Marriages

Post by Nomad »

Even the question repulses me. The fact that it concerns others reminds me of what pigs people can be.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

Interracial Marriages

Post by Lon »

Nomad;677731 wrote: Even the question repulses me. The fact that it concerns others reminds me of what pigs people can be.

I just love it when you are repulsed.:wah:
Nomad

Interracial Marriages

Post by Nomad »

Lon;677734 wrote: I just love it when you are repulsed.:wah:

Well you do your part thats for sure. :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

Interracial Marriages

Post by Lon »

Nomad;677736 wrote: Well you do your part thats for sure. :D

My pleasure
Nomad

Interracial Marriages

Post by Nomad »

Lon;677738 wrote: My pleasure

Nonsense, the pleasure is all mine.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

Interracial Marriages

Post by Lon »

Nomad;677739 wrote: Nonsense, the pleasure is all mine.

No no no, I insist--------my pleasure.
Uncle Fester

Interracial Marriages

Post by Uncle Fester »

The only problem I have is that about 15 years ago a woman near us married an Arab and they had three sons , 9 years ago he went back to Saudi Arabia and took the boys , she has not seen them since :mad:

IF YOU CAN'T SAY GOOD ABOUT SOME ONE , KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

Did you know that too much chocolate shrinks your clothes

http://www.theparanormalcrypt.org/portal.php
RedGlitter

Interracial Marriages

Post by RedGlitter »

Uncle Fester;677866 wrote: The only problem I have is that about 15 years ago a woman near us married an Arab and they had three sons , 9 years ago he went back to Saudi Arabia and took the boys , she has not seen them since :mad:

I know a woman myself that had the exact same thing happen. She bore him a son and he took the boy back to wherever he was from because it was *his* child, not hers.

I also know of a few black men who connect with white women because they're trophies. Only not in a good way. It has something to do with getting back at Whitey. :thinking:

I do have some concerns about cultural issues like these but other than that I'm fine with mixed marriages or mixed relationships.
DelicateDominatrix

Interracial Marriages

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

KB.;677706 wrote: People are people. We ain't talking about a man marrying a god damned goat here. I don't judge much, but I will call a fool a fool, and to think someone shouldn't marry someone else due to the color of their skin is foolish. Women should marry good men that treat them with respect and acknowledge how they are the rock that keeps them grounded. Men should do the same. That is my humble opinion though. I don't discriminate with my women. Why in the hell would I want to automatically eliminate millions of women just because they are of a different race? Screw that, diversity is the spice of life.

Well said :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”