Amazing Clouds!

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
chocoholic

Amazing Clouds!

Post by chocoholic »

I discovered these amazing cloud formations today, they are called MAMMATUS clouds and are usually associated with terrific thunderstorms.

I've never seen anything like them, aren't they amazing? They must be fantastic to see "for real"!
Lisa

Amazing Clouds!

Post by Lisa »

They are beautiful. I would love to see them in person. may be a little scary though.

:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Indian Princess

Amazing Clouds!

Post by Indian Princess »

A bit ominus dont you think?
chocoholic

Amazing Clouds!

Post by chocoholic »

Scrat;694150 wrote: Photoshop.

I don't think so -

Definition Mammatus Clouds - Rounded, smooth, sack-like protrusions hanging from the underside of a cloud (usually a thunderstorm anvil). Mammatus clouds often accompany severe thunderstorms, but do not produce severe weather; they may accompany non-severe storms as well. Remember, mammatus clouds do not guarantee a storm is tornadic, but usually are seen when a storm does produce a tornado. This is one cloud you will always be looking for when chasing sever weather.

They are a recognised scientific weather structure, go here for more information -

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guide ... th/mm.rxml
RedGlitter

Amazing Clouds!

Post by RedGlitter »

I've seen photos of those weird things before but never in person. I think they're kinda creepy. Are they government controlled maybe? :-3
YZGI

Amazing Clouds!

Post by YZGI »

Actually here in Kansas during the thunderstorm and tornado seasons we see these kind of clouds alot. When they have a greenish or teal color to them they always have hail in them so we keep away from the windows. They are very cool and ominous, I love to take a drink out to the back deck and watch them, right up until a tornado starts forming or I get drenched.
minks

Amazing Clouds!

Post by minks »

they are quite amazing looking.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
YZGI

Amazing Clouds!

Post by YZGI »

A few from Kansas.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]

[/ATTACH]
minks

Amazing Clouds!

Post by minks »

nature at it's best

― Mae West
minks

Amazing Clouds!

Post by minks »

we get chinooks in the winter, these are winds that blow in from the west and up over the mountains they are usually very warm and have been known to raise our temperatures as much as 20C in a 24 hour span. With them comes the chinook arch these are some non-enhanced pis my friend has taken....

Attached files

― Mae West
chocoholic

Amazing Clouds!

Post by chocoholic »

Oh wow minks, these are beautiful pictures, what amazing colours!:-6

Return to “Photography More”