Novocane!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Philadelphia Eagle

Novocane!

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Are you a wimp like I am and demand a shot of Novocane for even the smallest of fillings?

Today, when my dentist asked me did I want Novocane for two little fillings, I gratefully accepted!

My dentist is very good and has never inflicted terrible pain upon me but it's the THOUGHT of going there - the terrible anticipation of it all!

Goodness knows what state I'd be in if it were an extraction or, horror of horrors, a root canal!

WAAHHG - I can't even think about it!
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
BabyRider

Novocane!

Post by BabyRider »

I used to spend the days before a dental appointment freaking out and trying to come up with excuses not to go. I am so glad I found out about a new kind of dentist in my area, (have no idea how widespread they are) who will put you right to sleep for any procedure. She gives me a pill to take half an hour before my appointment, (I have to be driven to and from my appointments, but who cares??!!!) and I am sound asleep for the whole thing. Even cleanings.

I had gone for years and years not going to the dentist because of my hatred of pain. I had never had braces, (even though I needed them) and when I finally started going again, I found that I could get near perfect teeth in about 4 visits. Because of all the advancement in the field, I got 3 root canals, a couple deep cleanings, 2 extractions, whitening, and my teeth reshaped to look almost perfect in less than 2 months. I was sound asleep for every visit and remember nothing. That's the way to go if you can find a dentist that does it!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Philadelphia Eagle

Novocane!

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

BabyRider wrote: I used to spend the days before a dental appointment freaking out and trying to come up with excuses not to go. I am so glad I found out about a new kind of dentist in my area, (have no idea how widespread they are) who will put you right to sleep for any procedure. She gives me a pill to take half an hour before my appointment, (I have to be driven to and from my appointments, but who cares??!!!) and I am sound asleep for the whole thing. Even cleanings.

I had gone for years and years not going to the dentist because of my hatred of pain. I had never had braces, (even though I needed them) and when I finally started going again, I found that I could get near perfect teeth in about 4 visits. Because of all the advancement in the field, I got 3 root canals, a couple deep cleanings, 2 extractions, whitening, and my teeth reshaped to look almost perfect in less than 2 months. I was sound asleep for every visit and remember nothing. That's the way to go if you can find a dentist that does it!

But I'm a wimp about being put to sleep as well!

What if I didn't wake up!
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
nvalleyvee

Novocane!

Post by nvalleyvee »

I have to have nitrous when I go to the dentist. Happy gas!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Peg

Novocane!

Post by Peg »

The sound of a dentist's drill makes me break out in a cold sweat. I HATE going to the dentist and have no idea why.
devist8me

Novocane!

Post by devist8me »

I have the most sensitive teeth of anyone I know.....cold sensitive that is. The thought of cold water being sprayed on my teeth to rinse them gives me cold chills up and down my spine. Anytime I have fillings done, I have to have twice as much novacaine as normal patients. I have a really nice dentist though and she is always nice about giving me more. I wish she had the nitrous though, that would be nice.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
abbey

Novocane!

Post by abbey »

Philadelphia Eagle wrote: Are you a wimp like I am and demand a shot of Novocane for even the smallest of fillings?

Today, when my dentist asked me did I want Novocane for two little fillings, I gratefully accepted!

My dentist is very good and has never inflicted terrible pain upon me but it's the THOUGHT of going there - the terrible anticipation of it all!

Goodness knows what state I'd be in if it were an extraction or, horror of horrors, a root canal!

WAAHHG - I can't even think about it!Damn right i'm a wimp,anything so i dont feel the pain!

((((GIMMEE-GIMMEE-GIMMEE))))

spot

Novocane!

Post by spot »

Look, where else do you get the offer of a guy with full medical training, properly equipped with safety gear and a backup hospital down the road, who can legally take you into unknown territory and explore your pain thresholds for an hour at a time?

I've not had a dental injection for decades. I've had Lorraine - my dentist is female, which helps - explore, drill, fill, the works. She hated doing it the first few times, she tells me, but she appreciates that I have my reasons and she obliges quite happily now. We drilled out three roots to a single tooth, one day, it was wild. All she insists on is that I don't move. All I insist on is that she uses no painkillers on me, and that she eases off for a few seconds whenever I tell her to. I don't think I could do it if I didn't feel in control of what was happening.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Hawke

Novocane!

Post by Hawke »

Take away the sensation inside

Bitter sweet migraine in my head

Its like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind

I can't take this feeling anymore

Drain the pressure from the swelling,

The sensations overwhelming,

Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright

Tell me that I won't feel a thing

So give me Novacaine

Out of body and out of mind

Kiss the demons out of my dreams

I get the funny feeling, that’s alright

Jimmy says it's better than here,

I’ll tell you why

The sensations overwhelming,

Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright,

Tell me that I won't feel a thing,

So give me Novacaine

Oh Novacaine

The sensations overwhelming

Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright,

Tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing,

So give me Novacaine

Green Day - Give me Novacaine
spot

Novocane!

Post by spot »

When you touch me, when you hold me, when you kiss me, it’s just like Novocaine.

I remember every cut and scrape I’ve been numb so long, something’s wrong so I'll take anything.

I slap my face, I pull my hair, just to see if something’s there.

It should hurt like hell, I miss the pinch, I miss the pain,

That shock sensation in my brain.

Cause when you touch me, when you hold me, when you kiss me, I don’t feel anything.

Alice Cooper.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
anastrophe

Novocane!

Post by anastrophe »

spot wrote: Look, where else do you get the offer of a guy with full medical training, properly equipped with safety gear and a backup hospital down the road, who can legally take you into unknown territory and explore your pain thresholds for an hour at a time?

I've not had a dental injection for decades. I've had Lorraine - my dentist is female, which helps - explore, drill, fill, the works. She hated doing it the first few times, she tells me, but she appreciates that I have my reasons and she obliges quite happily now. We drilled out three roots to a single tooth, one day, it was wild. All she insists on is that I don't move. All I insist on is that she uses no painkillers on me, and that she eases off for a few seconds whenever I tell her to. I don't think I could do it if I didn't feel in control of what was happening.
a masochist, i see. how telling.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
spot

Novocane!

Post by spot »

anastrophe wrote: a masochist, i see. how telling.If you choose to interpret it that way. It's not how I see it and I am, after all, the one in the chair.

Return to “General Chit Chat”