The President Of The United States Of America

A forum created specifically for polls.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Running mates

Screw me it was sposed to be a poll.

Any frickin way.

I was wondering what people thought about a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket ?

Or even an Obama/Edwards ticket ???

How about a Pee Wee Herman Dipsey Doodle campaign, would you like that ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Nomie I think I can live with either of these options Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton. Right now I just don't know they all are driving me nuts. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Nomad;769798 wrote: Running mates

Screw me it was sposed to be a poll.

Any frickin way.

I was wondering what people thought about a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket ?

Or even an Obama/Edwards ticket ???

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I haven't been paying attention, so I really shouldn't say anything...but from what little I've seen Pee Wee Herman gets my vote over those two.:rolleyes:
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Only heard of Obama a couple of years ago, but have read about him with interest. He seems ok to me. I'd like to think he could go all the way, but politics is a fickle business isn't it?

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I'd vote for Kinky! :p :D :-6
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

sunny104;770892 wrote: I'd vote for Kinky! :p :D :-6

I thought that was her husband?
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Erm, well I suppose Clinton-Obama is fine, or if not then maybe Obama-Clinton, I don't think your man Edwards has much of a chance since he pulled out, though maybe he will surprise us all.

Actually, what about Clinton-Clinton, just because he was President, does that mean he can't also be Vice President now? Hmmn, I don't actually know the answer to that one. I don't think its ever worked backwards like that has it?
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

If she wins, he can take her senate seat. Wouldn't that be, um, interesting? :yh_nailbi:yh_nailbi
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

sunny104;770892 wrote: I'd vote for Kinky! :p :D :-6

The "first full blooded Jew to play the Grand Ol' Opry" and the White House.

Yeah...that would be cool!

All hail the Kinkster!
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Nomad;769798 wrote:

Don't you already have a j*rkoff as president?
double helix

Post by double helix »

Galbally;774491 wrote: Erm, well I suppose Clinton-Obama is fine, or if not then maybe Obama-Clinton, I don't think your man Edwards has much of a chance since he pulled out, though maybe he will surprise us all.

Actually, what about Clinton-Clinton, just because he was President, does that mean he can't also be Vice President now? Hmmn, I don't actually know the answer to that one. I don't think its ever worked backwards like that has it?If Mrs Clinton gets the job, Mr Clinton, vice president or not, will be calling the shots is what I think.

Hillary will never get the job IMO. Obama has the masses behind him that Hillary was counting on. Now shes going for the youth vote. Good luck with that Hill.

McCain or Huckabee with either Obama or Hill as vice? Discuss.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Bryn Mawr;771085 wrote: I thought that was her husband?

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl l
double helix

Post by double helix »

Richard Bell;774602 wrote: :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl l:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
spot

Post by spot »

Aren't the desirable characteristics of a Vice President different to those of a President? Does one not choose a VP to fulfill a different task, or possibly to train an adequate contender for a Presidential election eight years down the line? The Vice President is usually the guy who gets told to go to foreign meetings, talk to people and don't do anything newsworthy though this time round for some reason he turned out to be the guy pulling the puppet President's strings.

James Danforth Quayle was chosen by Bush-41 at the National Convention, they didn't go there as a team. Cheney was invited to become VP by Bush-43 without any Convention scrutiny. Whichever of the current two contenders gets acclaimed at the Convention can choose who they want unhampered. So who would each most prefer?

The biggest rabbit out of the hat would be Hillary nominating Bill as her VP like Galbally suggested, the headlines would be massive.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

WH Taft was Chief Justice of the Supreme Court after his presidency. The possibilities are endless! :-3
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

CARLA;769829 wrote: Nomie I think I can live with either of these options Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton. Right now I just don't know they all are driving me nuts. :-5

:wah: They do, don't they?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

oh yes thats very funny isnt it?
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

WonderWendy3;770674 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I haven't been paying attention, so I really shouldn't say anything...but from what little I've seen Pee Wee Herman gets my vote over those two.:rolleyes:

Or this guy

Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

its fun to have fun watching this while not being hungry dont oyu think?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

i suppose its silly but willdnt it be better if none of them was christian? cause all christians i know are overated fox who talk to themselves but never listen.. and for a president thats not a good quality, is it?

they are also liers and they never keep their word, we seen president do tha tbefore, but wouldnt it be nice if for once they were to keep it and stop to lie?
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;779917 wrote: its fun to have fun watching this while not being hungry dont oyu think?

It's in the Oven, darlin. :p
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I say .. and Pee Wee Herman can be his sidekick. :wah:
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;779919 wrote: i suppose its silly but willdnt it be better if none of them was christian? cause all christians i know are overated fox who talk to themselves but never listen.. and for a president thats not a good quality, is it?

they are also liers and they never keep their word, we seen president do tha tbefore, but wouldnt it be nice if for once they were to keep it and stop to lie?
Is Mr. Clinton a Christian? :thinking:
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

I thought you were running as candidate thats why.

á propos running, lets run there and fast. :o
spot

Post by spot »

Jerry;779932 wrote: Is Mr. Clinton a Christian? :thinking:

Mr Clinton is a pork-eating Muslim whose mother was a Soviet spy born in Mongolia and whose father ran a fleet of whaling ships.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;779924 wrote: It's in the Oven, darlin. :p

waht is? my heart? as if i gave a damn!
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

spot;779934 wrote: Mr Clinton is a pork-eating Muslim whose mother was a Soviet spy born in Mongolia and whose father ran a fleet of whaling ships.

i found this very inflamatoric. Where do you get your informations from?

There is no soviet spy born in mongolia, sir, all member of the KGB were exclusivly chosen to be of the white russian "race".
spot

Post by spot »

I thought as we were all having such fun lying about Barack Obama we might as well do it with everyone.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

spot;779940 wrote: I thought as we were all having such fun lying about Barack Obama we might as well do it with everyone.

Hey, Obama..can you do this?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

I dont think anyone lied about the guy, they came with references and links about it. so thats why you are after me or because of the who wrote the bible thing, i would like to know, this sounds interesting.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;779946 wrote: Hey, Obama..can you do this?

exactly... :D :mad:
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;779951 wrote: exactly... :D :mad:

If the guy can't even do this much, and show "some" respect for the USA, the country he wants to run, then it makes you wonder what kind of President he will be if he got the job.

Respect runs both ways in my book.
spot

Post by spot »

Geronimo;779947 wrote: I dont think anyone lied about the guy, they came with references and links about it. so thats why you are after me or because of the who wrote the bible thing, i would like to know, this sounds interesting.

If Hussein is really his middle name then he is family related to Saddam Hussein?

Saddam Hussein grand cousin on the side of his oncle or so, is going to be elected president of the United States?

barack obama is not representing the black american as he is not black himself but arab?

they came with references and links about it?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

you cant even apply for green card if you dont do it and swear on the bible to defend the country, and oyu cant receive the citizen ship as american if you refuse to do it.

and its a military obligation and a presidential one for 2 reasons:

you are as president the chief supreme of the army 8 unless they made a coup d'état to take your palce)

and you are also the representant of all the other citizen of your country and represent also their view of your own flag and country.

Maybe he wants to changer of nationality and become Saudi arbian or move to Mexico, who knows? :D
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

spot;779964 wrote: If Hussein is really his middle name then he is family related to Saddam Hussein?

Saddam Hussein grand cousin on the side of his oncle or so, is going to be elected president of the United States?

barack obama is not representing the black american as he is not black himself but arab?

they came with references and links about it?

all people wearing the name of hussein in their family name are related to the husein clan that saddam hussein is from.

A clan usual contain about 70.000 to 200.000 members.

Thats why they couldnt have democracy there, and dont undrstand the election system cause for them it has always been the clasn that decide things, how big it is and how rich oyur clan is,a nd thats why you ahve guerilla there since years now. It is clans fighting agaisnt otehr clan.

My info are form Irakian people themselves so thy should know what they are talking about since they are member of the Hussein clan themselves..:D

Barack IS an arabic name.

He isnt black, go to marocco and you will be surprised at how many people there looks exactly like him, specialy form the Riff area and form Casanblanca ( who room many people from the Riff).

They are darker than arabs from emirates for exemple, and same skin color as all the Touareg you iwll met there. The Touareg are one of the the tribe of Berber people, living mostly at the border of Sahara, in all Nord Africa since the arab invaded nord Africa in Mahomet time.

The touaregs lives specificaly in teh maroccan part of sahara where they are hunted by the marocans army.

What i ment by "Saddam Hussein grand cousin on the side of his oncle" was of course that he is of the extended family of Hussein, and not like his son or nephew.. i thougth that was obvious..
spot

Post by spot »

and they came with references and links about it?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;779959 wrote: If the guy can't even do this much, and show "some" respect for the USA, the country he wants to run, then it makes you wonder what kind of President he will be if he got the job.

Respect runs both ways in my book.

its not only a question of respect but of following the rules of the functions you are to be asserted, as well as teh one any citizen of the country ahve to follow.

He is just using the political trick to get to him all the hippies voice casue its "cool" to vote for a black, and of all thsoe who are agaisnt the war in Irak.

He is jsut being manipulative and cheating people, cause none of him or clinton can promise that they will remove the americans troups from Irak, cause they know it sisnt possible without creating a huge conflict there that the US will have to wear the hat for.. as the guilty one who made it happen...

So instead, he do it on the sideway, like refusing to salute the flag.. a way as another to get more vote.

you can say clinton at least didnt used that dirty trick to fool the people.

War are far easier to start than to end..a nd its always the republican that start one ad ofr the democrate to clean after..

same for the economy, always when a republican leave the white house, the bank box is empty and the economy of the country is a marasm, just like now!

so comes a democrate, and restablsh order,a nd the economy of the country goes up, and everybody is making money and all goes fine and the dollar runs up.. thats what Clinton did, then came Bush,a nd here the war, all feeling sure of himself cause there was so much money in the box to play wiht, and opla! he emptied the box after a few years,a nd now the country is going bankerupt, with people trown out hteir home, who ogt sold in auction, for 1/10 THEN 1/100 AND 1/1000 OF THEIR WORTH, and every body is into deep.. except those at the top, of course..

So they will elect a democrate who will put order into things cause the republicans obviously werent.. and then after soem years when things will go fine again they will put a republican who wll mess everything up, cause they never learn their lesson.

Think of this: they couldnt forgive a guy for doing cigar stuff with a woman, ( which its proven all previous republicans president had done before him and worse) but they closed their eyes on Bush having lied to them about the reason to begin a war, and about 9/11...

it makes me wonder.. :thinking:
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

spot;779977 wrote: and they came with references and links about it?

i just gave them to oyu above. if oyu want links you can google them.

I gave you the contain should be better.

I am closely aquinted with berbere since many many years, and are a friend of many irakina people, all of them refugees from irak.

you know each time the us start a war, thats the european countries that get the tons of refugees.. for kosovo that was 300.000 refugees a week, just for germany, and 60.000 a week for Danmark..

like that for months..

The references and links i was refering to before was those given by the people that made the thread about it, the first 3 posts contain those links.

No need of links ofr me, i am anthropoligist, and I have tons of friends who are berbere and marocan berbere and touareg, and Marocans, and first time i saw the guy on tv, i was surprised that they said he was balck, cause he isnt african at all.

Say to a touareg or an arab that he is african and he will get mad at you!

USE YOUR EYES, CANT YOU SEE THE GUY ISNT BLACK?

I can. maybe because in Europe we got many african people coming all the time and are more used to them than you are, and people from north Africa, so we can tell the difference better than you do, cause there si so many nationalities here all the time, we can tell what part of Africa they are form, and in that case what part of north africa they are from. I can see the diffrence between a frenchj and a spanish and an italian and a german and an english guy, and i can also tell the difference between a guy from Tunisia or Algeria or Marocco.

i can also see where from an African is coming from, if its a black from Togo or Congo, or from Mali, and so on.

All have characteristics, which isnt surprising. Its always like that.

Look for the president of Egypt and the president of Lybia, and see what you can make of it. :)
spot

Post by spot »

That is, quite possibly, the most badly-informed and indelibly ignorant argument I have ever seen posted onto the Internet.

Have you not considered the possibility that you might actually look up the facts of the man's ancestry? They're well known and universally recognised to be true.
double helix

Post by double helix »

Geronimo;779917 wrote: its fun to have fun watching this while not being hungry dont oyu think?
ok, I missed the humor in this one.

Wouldn't it be grand if Clinton picked Condolisa Rice for her vice pres? Or Ophra Winfry. How about Ron Paul.

Just as an aside, I watched the dem's debate last night. Hill seems just a little too hot under the collar. I really think she did herself no favors with her defiant "I am passionate about health care" attitude. The picture of her behind the red phone in the white house sent shivers up my spine.

Obama, I wonder if he had or will have an injury to his head? Nostradamus was very clear about a leader of the nation of the eagle, who rises to the top despite a fatal head injury. OOOOeeeeOOO! :D

He is a smooth talker, don't cha think?
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I like Obama's style:

NY Times wrote: During the recent Democratic debate, John M. Broder and Elisabeth Bumiller of The New York Times write, “Mr. Obama had said in response to a hypothetical question that although he intended to withdraw American forces as rapidly as possible, he reserved the right to send troops back in ‘if Al Qaeda is forming a base in Iraq.’ ”

Mr. McCain pounced on the remark. “I have some news,” he said at a town-hall-style meeting in Tyler, Tex. “Al Qaeda is in Iraq. It’s called ‘Al Qaeda in Iraq.’ My friends, if we left, they wouldn’t be establishing a base. They’d be taking a country, and I’m not going to allow that to happen.”

Mr. Obama, campaigning in Columbus, Ohio, responded soon after. “I have some news for John McCain,” Mr. Obama said at a large rally at Ohio State University. “There was no such thing as Al Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq.”

Hillary would have countered (in a very whiney voice) with "Shame on you, John McCain." :wah:

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”