Staying Healthy?

sleepingbeauty

Staying Healthy?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

What motivates you to get up and go to the gym? What gyms does everyone go to and how do you like it?

I go when i feel unhealthy, you know...those days where u have a doughnut, pizza, soda, and fried food :-2
mrsK

Staying Healthy?

Post by mrsK »

sleepingbeauty;788612 wrote: What motivates you to get up and go to the gym? What gyms does everyone go to and how do you like it?

I go when i feel unhealthy, you know...those days where u have a doughnut, pizza, soda, and fried food :-2

I have just lost a lot of weight,my mother has Osteoarthritis,I don't want to get it.

I have seen what it has done to her:(:-4:-6

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/osteoarthritis.html
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Omni_Skittles

Staying Healthy?

Post by Omni_Skittles »

24 hour fitness! lol i go because i love excersizing! not being able to breathe after two hours of working out to some metal song! it's good for ya! what motivates me? the mirror... as Dr. Cox says on scrubs... :"key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.":wah:
Smoke signals ftw!
chonsigirl

Staying Healthy?

Post by chonsigirl »

I'm going surfing this summer, that motivates me! :-6
valerie

Staying Healthy?

Post by valerie »

What motivates me (although I don't go to gyms) is all of the evidence

about how good it is for you. I do walks, and sit-ups and push-ups,

and have for years.

Some motivation comes from having a dog who wants to go...

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

The Rob

Staying Healthy?

Post by The Rob »

I exercise (grudgingly) because the alternative is ugly, and my exercise history up until five years ago was ugly indeed.
Chezzie

Staying Healthy?

Post by Chezzie »

I hate gym's but do alot of walking...:)
sleepingbeauty

Staying Healthy?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

Omni_Skittles;788620 wrote: 24 hour fitness! lol i go because i love excersizing! not being able to breathe after two hours of working out to some metal song! it's good for ya! what motivates me? the mirror... as Dr. Cox says on scrubs... :"key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.":wah:

I go there too! how do you like it there? You taking any classes?
KarmaDoodle

Staying Healthy?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I like taking spinning classes to stay fit. I'm pretty good about it, however, I worry about kids staying healthy these days - with computers and television and class all day. I was reading this article in ParentsConnect.com about how to exercise with kids - it has some good points - particularly in the first line, "Sometimes getting your kid to exercise is like… well, getting yourself to exercise. " So true!
qsducks

Staying Healthy?

Post by qsducks »

I just joined the YMCA with my daughter. We start on Tuesday.
kayleneaussie

Staying Healthy?

Post by kayleneaussie »

I am in a real rut at the moment, I really need something or someone to motivate me:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
qsducks

Staying Healthy?

Post by qsducks »

After that meal the Easter bunny is bringing you, that should do the trick:wah:
kayleneaussie

Staying Healthy?

Post by kayleneaussie »

qsducks;810816 wrote: After that meal the Easter bunny is bringing you, that should do the trick:wah:

Ha ha you maybe right there Ducks:)
FOC THREAD PART 1
KarmaDoodle

Staying Healthy?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

Thats great - I use the YMCA too! its such a great place for families
sleepingbeauty

Staying Healthy?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

I know at some 24 hour fitness clubs they have the Kids Club, where you can work out while your kids play. They didn't have things like that when I was a kid :thinking: lol
chrisb84uk

Staying Healthy?

Post by chrisb84uk »

kayleneaussie;810814 wrote: I am in a real rut at the moment, I really need something or someone to motivate me:(

Same here. I've been really lazy fitness wise lately, and it is showing. Certainly need a kick up the backside that's for sure hehehe.

Speaking of fitness though, at least where I live, I find that any local gyms or clubs all seem to close down before too long after they have opened, which I feel really shows something about the state of a lot of people here!
chrisb84uk

Staying Healthy?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Same here RJ, I found that after buying some exercise equipment I was even less inclined to do anything than I was before when we had none. Perhaps it is because the only room we had for it though, was in our cold cramped garage, which is so uninviting even for exercise. :thinking:
chrisb84uk

Staying Healthy?

Post by chrisb84uk »

rjwould;818221 wrote: I wonder if it has to do with performing in the eyes of others that motivates us.

Hmmm might be, hard to actually answer in truth as to why this has been the case. Though I did go sometimes with my brother, which I definately found to be more fun than on your own. It also doesn't have that 'feel' of being outside or at the gym than it does still being at home, so even though you are exercising, it doesn't (at least to me,) feel as much fun or as rewarding.
BobStew

Staying Healthy?

Post by BobStew »

I work out at home so I can save the money for the gym membership. :cool:

I try to work out three times a week and to work on my stamina at least twice on different days. Doing that, I can eat almost everything I want at any time. :)

Especially after a long day at work it feels good to come home and do some exercises to get over your work day.
sleepingbeauty

Staying Healthy?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

Does anyone like to work out late at night, or like really early in the morning?
G-man

Staying Healthy?

Post by G-man »

My motivation is almost like an addiction... I feel really good after working out.

I prefer working out in the morning... although, when I was heavily training I used to work out in the morning and then after work. Sometimes my workout involved running five or ten miles after work... more aerobic work.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Pinky

Staying Healthy?

Post by Pinky »

My motivation is that I don't want to turn into a hippo again, lol!

Don't get me wrong, I hate the gym...hate it with a vengeance, but half an hour on treadmill every day goes fairly fast and it means I can have the odd lardy treat now and again.
chonsigirl

Staying Healthy?

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah:

I am off to TKD tonight, and that is loads of fun.....
Pinky

Staying Healthy?

Post by Pinky »

Barman;957380 wrote: I keep the computer upstairs, every time i want a beer i have to walk all the way downstairs through the living room, into the kitchen to fetch a beer then all the way back again.

This way the more beer i drink the more exercise i get.

I have exercised so much some nights i cant even walk.:D

:wah::wah:
Lon

Staying Healthy?

Post by Lon »

sleepingbeauty;788612 wrote: What motivates you to get up and go to the gym? What gyms does everyone go to and how do you like it?

You don't need to go to a gym to stay healthy and fit. Personally, I think gyms are boring and working out the pits. How about just playing some kind of competitive sport like tennis or racquetball? Thats fun.

Wanting to look good motivates me.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”