Anybody else see this sucker TV ad?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

I've seen this IMO "sucker" TV commercial ad that offers to "buy" your "old gold". You just call a toll free number, and "they" will be gracious enough to send you a mailer envelope kit. Where they want you to put all your old gold in that envelope and mail it to them, and they will send you a check for it. I can't believe that some people may fall for this robbery without a gun! A check for how much, as the person doesn't even have a clue as to what the value of the gold they sent is worth! They could unknowingly send $2000 worth of gold & then be sent a check for $175!!!

SO HAVE YOU SEEN ANY ADs THAT SHOULD BE OUTLAWED?
Cars :)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Those ads with that annoying guy who sells the Kaboom products. He could probably sell his grandmother! I've tried the Kaboom and is doesn't work. I can't even stand his voice.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, I've seen that ad. Like I have lots of gold hanging around this place anywhere. My children are my gems. :-4

I agreem duckie. That guy is on every infocommercial now!
[love]light

Post by [love]light »

I know, Cars. I can't believe that there are people who would send their valuables to an address they got off tv.

I really hate commercial for a weight loss "miracle" potion, Akavar. Not only is it obnoxiously loud, but it repeats "Eat all you want and still lose weight" over and over and over. My favorite line?

"We couldn't say it on tv if it wasn't true." :wah: right.

The website is cleverly addressed:

"http://Eatallyouwantandstillloseweight.com"
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Have you ever seen those infomercials on the foodnetwork really early in the morning selling the incredible roasting machine? Like I say to my hubby, just one more piece of crap under the counter that we would use probably once:wah:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

I found some of your commercials really funny when I've been on my hols in the states. Much more graphic than we're allowed here.

My faves were the ones to 'increase the size of your member' and one I saw a few years ago for a laundry bleach which had someone diving into his bed only for the sheets to turn in to a writhing messing of bugs, hilarious!!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
AA grumpy

Post by AA grumpy »

cars;817060 wrote: I've seen this IMO "sucker" TV commercial ad that offers to "buy" your "old gold". You just call a toll free number, and "they" will be gracious enough to send you a mailer envelope kit. Where they want you to put all your old gold in that envelope and mail it to them, and they will send you a check for it. I can't believe that some people may fall for this robbery without a gun! A check for how much, as the person doesn't even have a clue as to what the value of the gold they sent is worth! They could unknowingly send $2000 worth of gold & then be sent a check for $175!!!

SO HAVE YOU SEEN ANY ADs THAT SHOULD BE OUTLAWED?

yes the advert for specsavers with edith piaf .

personally its a good ad but disrespectful to ediths memory.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Cars

People will do it - unbelievable

Hey - now that Roaster - Rotisserie Oven - it's great

I keep mine outside on my patio - now I wouldn't live without it.

Alright carry on

Patsy
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My question is this.........Why do satellite and cable TV have so many info-mercials.......we are already paying to watch these services?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

I have a channel on dish that's nothing but info-mercials. And I've noticed most of the stuff they state is only sold through the commercial, pops up at walmart. :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

All jewelry ads need to be banned. Especially the diamond ones. Haven't our women been brainwashed enough?:D
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

YZGI

OMG - I'm still laughing - love your reply..:wah:

Patsy

Return to “General Chit Chat”